marbled coffee pillar

yes that is a polycarb mold from candlesandsupplies.com

I wisked the wax as it cooled and used 2 to 3 drops of color. While it was in the mold i went over the sides with my heat gun on low to release any air bubbles and as the wax melted and the bubbles rose it makes that great pattern / streaks up the sides. They are big sellers in my store. Here is another with my coffee embeded pillar.

post-7496-13945842634_thumb.jpg

What type of wax did you use for these, they are beautiful! What your saying is...you poured the wax into the mold and then wisked it, added liquid color and used the heat gun? Is that it? I love them!

I used paraffin wax. Poured it into a plastic tub first and let it cool till i saw that film starting to form on the top and sides then used a fork to wisk it and while it was still slushy i added 2 to 3 drops around the container. Didn't blend it at all and then poured it into the mold. After it sits for a few minutes and sets a bit i go over the sides with the heat gun on low setting and melt it just enough to release the air bubbles. I do this with metal molds too only with those you can put the heat gun much closer. THe difference is you can't see your finaly candle with the metal molds till you remove them from the mold. So its a total surprise every time i make these. I have several of these in every scent i stock and they fly out of here. People just love them. My best sellers are the cafe late which is a mocha color marble, candied blueberries is pretty blue and white, coconut lime verbena is lime green and white, black raspberry vanilla is a dark violet and white. The slowest sellers are the pink candles for pink grapefruit and tropical punch.

I really haven't been making candles very long. I started out with just soy container candles several years ago and about a year ago i tried out paraffin wax.

Since this is a whipped wax, there is no way you can get all the air out of the wax and have them look so great, so how do they burn?

I would think they would not burn very well and most likely tunnel bucause of all the air in the wax.