Just Scents Fragrance Oils!!!

joyofsoycandle

All my testers are 8oz reg jjs using zinc wicks - usually a 51z. I do know that Vanilla Buttercream Crunch throws really well...also her Ultimate Vanilla - oh my goodness do I love her Ultimate Vanilla.

I had trouble with Cinnamon Vanilla, Grandma's Kitchen, Spiced Apple Pecan - those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head. I did try a bunch in JS 50/50 and JS 123 (not remembering which though) and gave up on those waxes - I couldn't get even my tried and true strongest sellers to throw well in those.

I know not everything throws really strong...but I gravitate towards stronger scents. I probably gave up too soon because I poured some weaker ones and felt like I was wasting wax. KWIM? But I do really want to make her fos work for me because again - love her selection and love her customer service!

I'm currently in a cp soap swap to test her fos so am excited to get that box and see how the fos hold up to the cp soap process!

Jen

This FO section was a baaaaaaaad idea. :rolleyes2

Was just pouring over her site and have a few in mind I'd like to test out. Well, I have a LOT in mind I'd like to test out, but narrowed it down to a few. LOL. ;)

Fizzy Pops

Has anyone ever tried this. My friend has been requesting this scent FOREVER! She used to get it through G.C. until I started making candles.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Love the fizzypops! You can seriously smell the "fizz" in the cold throw and the hot throw is really great!!

Was just pouring over her site and have a few in mind I'd like to test out. Well, I have a LOT in mind I'd like to test out, but narrowed it down to a few. LOL

Sooo, Sara...whatcha looking at? I can give you some recommendations too! :drool:

China Rain, Oxygen, Sandalwood, Sea Mist, Santirini, Sensual, Shimmering Pink, and Warm Winter Pleasures.

Her food ones are spectacular!!

However, I truly love her Sea Mist. Quite surprised by the throw on that.

Santirini, personally don't care for it a lot. Smells very "perfume-y" to me, but my best friend's mom ordered some pillars in that and she loves it!

I had a little problems with getting Oxygen to blend, and off the top of my head don't remember how the throw...

I can't stand sandalwood, so I haven't even bothered with that one! LOL

I have samples of Sensual and Warm Winter pleasure but have not poured them so cannot give a fair review on those.

Ya'll are KILLING ME....

KILLING ME!!!!

The ONLY thing that is saving me is I dont care for the "foods", and it seems like that is her speciality. I was looking at :

China Rain, Oxygen, Sandalwood, Sea Mist, Santirini, Sensual, Shimmering Pink, and Warm Winter Pleasures.

Aww. go for it!!! hahahaha! I am started to dislike JS.:cool2: They send me these dayum emails with specials trying to tempt me to buy. Then when I go to msg boards, all of yaw'll are saying "JS this JS that"....I mean dang.

I am going to start a anti-JS site...anyone want to join???

Just kidding. :P

But seriously Becky is doing well, every time I turn around it is "JS this JS that"...then I have to write it on my list of samples to order. I'm never going to get thru testing. I haven't even finished the first order of samples I got from her. It's so bad, I ordered 1lb bottles of stuff I haven't tried, because just on every board there are raves and I have never ordered 1lbs w/o trying them out first.

I placed an order with them last week for a sampler pack I received them today, but I got two that weren't on my list and I put alternative scents on the list.

I ordered apricot freesia, christmas cabernet,clean cotton,girls night out,sex on the beach,frosty berry blizzard,dream angels halo type,country clothesline,china rain,pumpkin nog,mulberry spice,

I also ordered christmas memories, lovespell and spicy winter scentsations, I got spiced apple pecan and calming waters ( I can't stand the smell of patchouli gives me a headache :undecided ) oh well off to the classifieds they go.

How would you compare this to Peaks?

I've always liked Peak's banana nut bread. The hot throw was awesome, but the cold throw was kinda weird. People would sniff and I would have to say, REALLY! Burn it!! They didn't trust me though! LOL

I would say JS has more of a banana scent to it and the throw is outrageous!

Pink Bomb Shell Has anyone tried this one yet? What does it smell like? There are so many pink this and pink that's. Sounds good but I don't want another pink. So I would probably have to rename it. It is on sale this week and I am trying to behave myself, and I need to place an order. I have been doing so well.LOL!!!!!

:laugh2: :rolleyes2

I did some test burns today...

Cranberry Orange - I love this! So strong! I used it at 1.5 ppw in J50. I broke my own rule of using no more than 1 ppw but someone pointed out that Becky's prices are so reasonable so I went for it! I'm glad I did!

Cinnamon Cider - Again - nice and strong! This reminds me of cranapple from KY which I really like! This one kicked butt over another one I tested this weekend and that one was much more expensive.

Jen

edited to fix my ppw amounts...