Rustic Trio

tucker

This is my three most recent rustics made with 4625 and scented Anise. You will notice the pin holes (mostly on the one on the rite) someone suggested I may have left to much PAM in the mold befor pouring. This is a possibi;ity as I do use it for mold release.

post-666-139458380821_thumb.jpg

Tucker...those are fantastic, but I'm guessing Pam could be the culprit in your case. I think if you were pouring to hot, you wouldn't be getting that frosted look to begin with. I think now that your molds have been used you can do without the mold release. I only use Pam if I have a virgin mold, after that I consider the mold "seasoned'. Try without the Pam and see if the pin holes disappear. Let us know either way.

Thanks for all the compliments you are all too kind. As for the pin holes, I'll forget the pam next time around and see what happens

Those look great Tucker! I don't think you will need Pam each time. Typically, I don't use Pam very often at all. HTH

Keep up the good work!:wink2:

Well done Tucker!

I don't see anything that detracts terribly from the outcome, and actually I think you have a good eye for the style.

You once complained that you can't get 1343 in Canada. I don't know if you saw my post in reply, but the fact is you're lucky to live in Canada. CanWax and other suppliers carry IGI straight paraffins that I would love to use but they're not carried by candle suppliers in the States. So if you want to play around with straight paraffin and stearic for rustics you can easily do it. There's nothing special about 1343, it's just another paraffin.

WOW. You folks are great, thanks for all the compliments on my rustics. I'm still not totally satisfied so I'll keep working on it. I've seen some by TRISH that blow me away, ain't no way I can get close to hers but I'm gonna try. Thanks again to all. I may try some of the wax that TOPOFMURRAYHILL mentions in the future.

Tucker...those are fantastic, but I'm guessing Pam could be the culprit in your case. I think if you were pouring to hot, you wouldn't be getting that frosted look to begin with. I think now that your molds have been used you can do without the mold release. I only use Pam if I have a virgin mold, after that I consider the mold "seasoned'. Try without the Pam and see if the pin holes disappear. Let us know either way.

Tucker, I really like them! Very nice work! I'm with Mary, I never spray my molds (even the new ones; I just wrestle out the first candle and they're good to go, LOL). I also agree that the pin holes could be from bubbles in the wax. When you let the wax cool to 145 or 150, it can get kind of "frothy" looking. This can contribute to the holes. Personally, I think they add character.

e