scents for air freshener blanks

gerrie

I've got some blanks that should be here in a few days and I've been going through my oils to see what I might use for these.

I don't know why I'm drawing a blank on what type of scent I should use. I keep thinking of what I would want in my car but I just can't figure it out :cry2:

Have those of you who do these find one type of scent sells better than the others? Is it usually clean or floral scents that sell rather than fruity or bakery scents? TIA

Thank you!! I didn't even think of vanilla, and I know a lot of people love that scent. I really like the bakery scents, but I didn't think people would be thrilled to have thier car smell like Pumpkin Pie, and now you've confirmed my thoughts :)

My most popular ones seem to be leather, tropical and coconut-based scents...but I just added these this summer. I don't know if it will change now that we're getting into fall and winter. Like you, I just don't see the bakery scents going over too big for car fresheners though. :)

I got mine from Keystone, they had a snowmobile that I just had to have, and I believe their shipping is included in their blank price since I never got billed for shipping.

http://www.keystonecandlesupplies.com/

Thanks for all the ideas.

Chris, my friend, leave it up to you to be different :P

I think I'll just try a few of all the tpyes and keep track of what's selling Like Chris said, it probably really depends of the area of the country and the time of year.

Thanks again everyone!!

I am starting mine today and what I have (scents) will be a big choice.I had no idea I have so many even from last year.I am for sure doing Country Clothesline.I think it is a fresh smell.Good idea on vanilla as French Vanilla is the best.Now to choose more I will let you know.I am sure I don't want the food ones except for maybe a fruit scent.Would be best more for spring though.

Now you have me wanting to get in the basement and make my choices.

LynnS

I have had one in my car for two weeks and every time I open the door the fragrance is very strong. I just started selling these and haven't gotten any other feedback yet, but I would say they have to last a good long while.

I was seeing what to package with and the small cello bags were fine for some but not others.The boot and cancer awareness did not fit.So now I am thinking about the sandwich bags.I tried the next bigger size of the cello and they are too big.I thought doing some with the small and some with larger cello but think that is tacky so MAY try the sandwich.Don't want 2 sizes/bags.

For my scents so far I have French Vanilla,Twigs and Berries, Heaven(Angel and Dove) and using a couple other scents for those also.For the boot it will be French vanilla,water blossom ivy and Tommy type.The flowers will be lilac, dogwood, and going to use a couple other florals.For the fruit I have fruit and floral, watermelon and black cherry. Have a few more in mind but no bakery food scents as I mentioned above .OF course one time I did not think they would be good in a lotion and saw on a Board Hot Fudge Brownie was a seller.For the Christmas shows I THINK that maybe some mistletoe,candy cane and others may sell.I wouldn't want them but like my husband said someone else may want that.

Talk about strong my husband just left for the auto store and he and I worked on them.I changed my clothes but not him.I sure hope he doesn;t make people sick.It is worse than perfume.I asked him to change but he balked. Wonder what those workers will think.He sure smells like a flower.Which one I am not sure.

Will get some sandwich bags and label tonight.My one and only warning will say: Don't put on a surface as oil may damage.The rest will be what they are,scent and company info.

LynnS

In wal-mart crafts section , they have small ziplock bags.. they are 4x7, and the ribbons fit perfect.. as some of the other shapes.. just the perfect size..

its like 2.00 for like 500.

I purchased my zipper bags at Wal-Mart as well. They were hanging in the craft section by all the bridal supplies. The air fresheners I purchased (prim star and prim heart) fit in them perfectly. I just zipped them up and stapled a tent tag on top with all my info. I think they look pretty good, if I may say so myself. :highfive: (The only thing this pic shows is the staples, which have since been covered by a larger label!)

post-406-139458380369_thumb.jpg

WOW I like that plaid tie.Also how did you get those hearts to look like they were painted that color.They do not look one solid color.Is that twine for a hanger.We talked about what to use and I think it was CandleMan who used something elastic which would be good.Of course I forget but that is cute on your hearts.Would look great on the boot one I have?

Here I thought I had it all ready and now another idea.Plaid tie makes them look real "country".

LynnS

WOW I like that plaid tie.Also how did you get those hearts to look like they were painted that color.They do not look one solid color.Is that twine for a hanger.We talked about what to use and I think it was CandleMan who used something elastic which would be good.Of course I forget but that is cute on your hearts.Would look great on the boot one I have?

Here I thought I had it all ready and now another idea.Plaid tie makes them look real "country".

LynnS

Thanks for your compliments! :) In reality, the air fresheners are still all one color, but once the FO was put on, they darkened up a bit and the texture became a bit more noticeable, which I liked! My product line definitely leans towards the country side; that is why I chose the kraft colored blanks and plaid ribbon. I found the ribbon at Wally World. The tie is a type of yarn that I also found at Wally World. I am at work right now so I can't remember the particulars of the yarn, but it comes packaged more like embroidery floss is packaged than how yarn is packaged. (Smaller packages like that). If you want the particulars, let me know and I can look at the package when I get home and give you a more detailed description of it.

For those who have ordered form Bell & Company how long till they ship to you? I've been waiting 1 1/2 to 2 weeks now and no replies from them as to ship time. My show is Saturday so no way will I get them now. This is annoying. Wish I would have tried Keystone now.:cry2:

Glo

I really like the bakery scents, but I didn't think people would be thrilled to have thier car smell like Pumpkin Pie

Hi, I know that it doesn't sound like anyone would like their car to smell like a bakery scent but I know that there are a lot of people that like bakery scents and would possibly try a bakery scent in their car just to see if it smells the same way a candle would. I think that you should try at least 3 bakery scents that are YOUR best sellers, and advertise them a little more to see how well they go. I think that it's worth a try because I know that I would definitely buy a car freshner of a fragrance that I like in candles.

Maybe you can put it on one of the apothecary jar blanks to give it that candle affect. Or if you don't have those, you can still put it on one of the other blanks that you have. I think that it's worth a try, sometimes the things that we don't like someone else will love it. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business, but sometimes we limit ourselves on possibilities because we don't try them because of what we think, you know, JMO! I think that bakery scents would be great as a car freshner because it's different, it's not what everybody else is doing!

Come to think of it, I made a Baked Apple Crisp Linen Spray and Air Freshner and I spray it in my car all the time just because I love the scent...LOL!

Veronica