My $1.69 "candle mold"

Donita

I was shopping at Albertson's on Sunday and saw a plastic glass that just screamed "candle mold" to me. I want to show you that molds can be found anywhere....just keep your eye out. I used the bowl from my kitchen aid mixer for my floating candle base.......I like the cone shape because it is sturdy....and if someone wants to burn it....they have room at the top to burn it for several hours and then put in a tealight....or peel off the top botanicals and as this shape burns......it won't touch the flowers toward the bottom....it is too large for the #2 SB wick. I scented it Coconut lime verbena....just because I like it. Donita

post-248-139458418205_thumb.jpg

Very nice I like that. I've seen so many plastic glasses that I thought would make great molds but was afraid the wax would melt them. Any hints Donita? lol

I used chunks.....that makes the wax cool.....and won't warp the mold. Donita

SUPER, Donita! Glad you posted that as an illustration of "found" molds! I have several boxes of ...ummmm... "found" molds for candlemaking and other media. I buy fresh cut mixed fruit from the deli and the clear plastic bowls work great for luminaries! (I use two with a weight in the middle). Then there are the frozen juice cans (sometimes they are lined with some plastic junk that doesn't like the heat much, but it peels off), cardboard shipping tubes, Gatorade powder cans (the BIG paper/foil lines ones)... I'd better stop listing... it's making me think I need to dejunk and I NEED that junk!!:grin2:

great job on that! how did you put in the flowers? did you paste them on after the candle cooled, or embed it in the mold?

I have a technique that works using hot knives. I sell tutorials for how to do many of my candles. Actually, I learned a lot of what I do from nice people on CT.......they got me started and I perfected several kinds...(kinda) (smile)... .....spent a lot of money experimenting, but everyone here on the board who has been doing this for a long time knows that we practice practice practice until we get something we like......then I still try to learn more. That is fun for me. Donita