Train Wreck!

heh...I guess I can stop wasting my time weighing my FO into my wax and just dump 2 tbsp in instead...what a time saver, damn where can I get one of those lightning fast thermometers at?:undecided

heh...I guess I can stop wasting my time weighing my FO into my wax and just dump 2 tbsp in instead...what a time saver, damn where can I get one of those lightning fast thermometers at?:undecided

:wink2: would be nice wouldnt it? And too, maybe I'm just a clean freak or something, but I always wipe my stuff off right after I'm finished so I dont have to deal with it later. Here all this time I thought I was doing a fast job while being thorough, guess I still dont have it right :laugh2:

:wink2: would be nice wouldnt it? And too, maybe I'm just a clean freak or something, but I always wipe my stuff off right after I'm finished so I dont have to deal with it later. Here all this time I thought I was doing a fast job while being thorough, guess I still dont have it right :laugh2:

I wish I had the ability to do this...I'm lazy....I have many foil and paper towel lined trays I lay the stuff on and at the end of the day I do all the cleaning using the oven and paper towels, then I put it all away....I should have listened to my mom, she always told me to clean as I go...

Honestly I don't think that it is a train wreck. They are showing people that it is easy to make a candle. They just don't show them how much time and money it really takes to start a company. She does say how they they have a chart to help you wick your candle.

I think that if you are someone looking for a fun little project it would be worth trying out.

I ran across this too when I was looking into making soy candles. I found this after I ordered my kit from NG. I wish it could be as easy as she makes it look. Oh well, I'm hooked now.:drool: Even though I am constantly thinking about candles, dreaming about wicks and waking up in a cold sweat because of frosting nightmares....:laugh2:

Honestly I don't think that it is a train wreck. They are showing people that it is easy to make a candle. They just don't show them how much time and money it really takes to start a company. She does say how they they have a chart to help you wick your candle.

I think that if you are someone looking for a fun little project it would be worth trying out.

I agree. It is promoting a starter kit. I think we all pretty much had only these very basic supplies to start with. I'm sure no one believes, even watching this video, that it is 3 minutes from beginning to end. My first candle I made was easy. Did it burn well? No. Did I need to try several different wicks? Yes. Etc. Etc.

I have 20lbs of Cargill shredded nature wax in my basement that I got free from the company..I never used it because I always buy preblended waxes and had no idea of what I was to add to this wax...had I known I could use a microwave I might've used the stuff just to make tarts or something...however, I'm still scared to use the wax..lol but I do have a question...while I don't use a knife to stir my fragrance oil in I don't use a whisk either...am I supposed to? Or is this something that's more related to soy wax?

My thoughts (as someone who made ONE candle so far) is that the whole thing was done in too casual a manner - like it was easy peasy with guaranteed great results right out of the gate. Made no mention of potential issues and things they might want to try for even better results next time... JMHO. If this was all I knew from the get-go I'd have looked at my initial failure and said f*ck, guess I cannot do candles. With more information I know there is hope (well, I hope there is hope).

As far as stirring, I imagine a whisk would be too likely to introduce bubbles, non?