Research & Development for 2007

For many R & D season is just around the corner. What are your plans for the future in the new year? What new scents, New containers, new product are you thinking about exploring for the new year? What are you adding and what are you dropping from your line?

Me: When through my scent list and decided on at least three scents to drop and three new scent to add(already tested and added) More to test in January.

I am also thinking about testing some tins but I still need to decide how well they would sell in my area before I order and test them so I'll be researching those in the new year.

I've already begun switching the labels on my candles and the public likes these labels better on my candles. (Karft paper)

Fire:cool2:

Gotta end the show season first before I think more on this, but will be heading into more herbal relaxing and energizing blends ... well thinking about it! I am contemplating some additional products but won't go into it, because that might mean I said I would do it and I may get too lazy ;)

Definitely will be going for a packaging upgrade though. Contemplating a label change (but that WILL either get me killed or beyond mildly wounded.)

Well, I have been playing around with B&B to add to my line. Just some lotions and lip balm. When I contacted my insurance agent, the cost where I am is outrageous for a good policy. So I plan on researching this a little more.

Dropping a few candle scents and I am now testing a few herbal spa scents to add to my line of candles.

I also would like to increase my Internet sales and wholesale accounts!!

That's my plan for the new year....;)

I've had so many ideas swirling around in my head on things I want to do. :) Things are starting to fall together it feels. But I look back on how things started out, it's really changed in 4 years. This will be year 5, and I still feel like such a noob :) in the marketing world.

Saturday market has become a big thing, so I'm going to be planning around that.

23 days of fairs next year.

More lip balms w/ a new label. Decorative soap in a different format for me (common for some others, but not around here, trying to be different than the other 3 soapers). A salve I've been working on all year.

And, if all works well, I'm getting into some simple pottery. :) Unique soap dishes of course, candle cups (ha! I might even bring back candles for it!), eventually lotion/liquid soap containers.

I have been attending courses at the SBDC on target marketing and plan on revamping my line.

I want to get out of the mason jars and simple scents and use more complex scents in elegant jars. I am also taking up aromatherapy--plan on doing a course in that and offering that as another part of my business.

I am also contemplating switching from retail and doing more wholesale. I am not 100% sure yet--hence why I am working on my business plan :)

When I think of this it makes me growl....grrrrr

So much to do, so many plans ahead.

I am working on getting away from the apothecary jar and going with sleek, slender jars. Getting ready to introduce my new logo.

Want to add aromotherapy candles and sometime or another B&B line.

Been testing a new wax and think I am really liking it!!!

Have a new compact catalog ready for printing, but gotta finish getting rid of the old ones first.

Also working on introducing by the end of the year a new company, a candle supply line. Mostly scents and jars. Along with a small line to start of silicone molds.

But mostly working on getting a business loan and moving it all out of the house and into a commercial warehouse/building.

That is the major part of the list...not to mention about 300 sample scents on the shelf waiting for testing, geez.... where does one begin.

The delemas of being a business owner....:undecided :eek:

In 2007, I'm going to get more serious about the business aspect of my hobby.

I will be changing to different containers and changing FO suppliers as well.

The candle market here is getting saturated with the same suppliers for both.

So I will be doing alot of testing for that year.

I will also try to change the image of my candles. There are just to many people selling country style candles around here, even though the image goes well with my name. It's like follow the leader here where I live, you make one type of candle they all do the same thing.

Mindy

I'm aiming to get my business plans back on track after my enforced "holiday" which means going back to the drawing board on practically everything.

Having had lots of time to think I've come up with a few more ideas.

By this time next year I hope to have a good selection of scents & containers & to have succeeded with my soy pillars.

I'm sure my ideas will change as the year progresses.

Sally.

Wow! sounds like everyone is getting set to move ahead in 2007:cheesy2:

I'd like to set up a website, test a new wax for container candles, add bath salts to my line. Possibly change containers, get away from the mason jars, although at the moment, I sell the 1/2 pints, pints, and my more "upscale" candles are made in apothocary jars. Maybe add some bakery scents, but, i am not a big fan of those; I do get requests for them, but in order for me to make the candle, I have to like the scent:smiley2:

Let see... work on my website. I have some candles I think I burning too quickly, so I'm going to be playing with wicks. Might try a couple pillars and see if I want to make those. Put together a wholesale packet and attempt to get my first wholesale account.

I can't wait for 2007! Since I spent most of '06 pregnant, I wasn't able to do much. I'm 95% sure I'm changing waxes, so I'll really dedicate a good part of the year to perfecting my new wax. I'm also wanting to really get back into CP.

Been so busy i havent been around much but Im back :) Plans for next year? Really get a website going, changing my wax back to what I like best, more testing, making a list of what scents I want to carry making the finaly decision on containers, labels etc. Next year will be a busy one!

Work on other size jars instead of my 8oz JJ's, some tins and maybe some lotions and lip balms. I'll probably work on a new label and designing my own new logo. And maybe make a few sales. Too many plans and ideas floating around in my head now to focus on any one of them!

Wow...so many things to get done. Finally got the jars I want the wax and the FO's, need to test them all and get them wicked properly.I also need to focus in on a website and promotional materials and get started on marketing my product and get some wholesale accounts going. :smiley2:

The only thing I am going to be working on is my new workshop.

Well that is what I am working on lol. I plan to get into a real bonafide workshop. Somewhere that I can have plenty of room to utilize. Can accept commercial and freight shipping. A place where my wholesalers can pick up their orders. And above all a place where I can work and store the pallets of jars/waxes and all that. I was also running out of romm here to store inventory.

I guess you know it is time for a bigger space, when the amount of inventory I can store here is by far below the amount of inventory I "need" on hand at all times.

Phew, I am exhausted just thinking about it :(

Ya know, I've spent this evening going onto some new scent site like NG and GL and the more I look at there list of great scents, the more I feel like I want to spread my F/O wings. LOL! I need to REALLY study my scent list and see if I MIGHT be able to sneak a few newer complex scents in. I really want to thin the Bakery line and exspand into a spa or more complex scent list. I just hope my customers will come with me!

Fire:cool2: