What scents do men tend to like?

Kassandra

I haven't focussed a lot on scents that men prefer yet, but I do know that they like Comfy Cabin (which is the same as Gold Canyon's Cozy Cabin) from Creative Candle Supply. My husband loves it and I know other men who do too. My husband also likes Vanilla Sandalwood and Caramel Cinnamon Latte. He also mentioned that he liked the smell of Grandma's Kitchen from BCS or Millcreek (they seem the same to me). I know that there are a lot more out there. HTH

Hi ladies,

Speaking as a man I like the food scents, my favorite is cinnamon bunns. I think Drakkar is an awsome manly smelling scent. I love the black vanilla rasberry from Natures garden and my personal favorite is Honey coco mango from Bitter Creek North.

I also LOVE the Victoria Secret Scents......Yummy

Girls the problem I find is that most of my buyers are women not men. Oh sure I get the occasional man who buys a candle , it actually funny they will look around to make sure their buddies dont see them doing it. Lets face it most men have a problem admitting that they like something because it smells pretty:cool2:

My male customers run the gamut. Pine is often requested. They like fruity sometimes, bakery sometimes, fresh & clean sometimes. I even get an occasional guy who wants a floral, usually lilac and sometimes plumeria. Most of mine don't seem insecure about buying candles or soaps. They don't seem to care what others think -- they just buy because they like it. :)

Now if WOMEN are buying FOR men, they tend to go with the men's cologne types. Cool Water, Drakkar, Peppercorn ... those types.

My husband likes All Hallow's Eve - it is unique and not too feminine. He also likes my Opium candles. He likes strong cherry scents such as Cherry Vanilla. To me Cherry Vanilla smells like that old fashioned children's laxative. Ick! He hates Brown Sugar Nutmeg. I think he'd like earthy scents such as pine, patchouli, nag champa or sandlewood. If they ever make a buck lure scent or catfish bait scent I'm sure he'd like those best. LOL ;)

I think it all depends upon the person. I have some men customers that are die hard food people, then I have some that only love the clean or fresh fruity smells.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I was told once by a very wise business person to make things that you love and things that you hate, because then you will have something for everyone!

I don't care for fruity or floral, I am a bakery person!! :D

I only ever had one guy purchase candles from me and he pretty much liked whatever I gave him. LOL I know that's not much help but I'm sure that men like variety as much as us ladies :D .

As for my dh, after 3+ years of my candlemaking, he doesn't like much of anything anymore. I've stunk him out one too many times ... LOL

I am not much of a bakery scent person, but luckily I have a couple that do testing for me and they love bakery scents, so I know I have to keep them in stock. They just make me too hungry. For me it seems the men that buy from me really like the cinnamon scents or bakery scents.