Island Mango Plus a FUBAR

Thought I would try something new yesterday, round soap. I don"t think I want to try this one again, even if it does look kinda cool. Too hard to get out of the 32 oz. bottle "mold."

Island Mango:

islandmango.jpg

This one is currently sitting cut up in the crockpot awaiting execution. I think my scale was off, it's lye heavy as well as the fact that it accelerated like a maniac. I tried it in a new palm heavy recipe yesterday. I think I'll try it again Monday in my usual base instead and see if it still moves quick. Scented with Blue Skies from RE.

bluesky.jpg

This was also a two fisted cram into the mold, instead of a two color swirl that was planned. I literally put chunks of soap into the mold with my hands and squished it in. I would like never to repeat that procedure again.

Thanks guys!

I think with a PVC mold I could do these on a regular basis, or if I could get this plastic bottle "seasoned" it will be easier. It only makes 6 usable soaps, so I would definitely need to check into an alternative mold. I greased it before hand, but I think that freezer paper rolled up may be the way to go since it would give me something to pull on to get the soap out.

You know, I honestly think I could duplicate the blue sky again without the acceleration and mold cramming. I just need a really thick trace. I'll give it a shot my next day off from work. It looks better than my planned swirls, that's for sure.

I think they are just beautiful, love the round soaps and keep meaning to try them out. I am thinking after the conference. Have you tried using mylar for a liner in your mold? I have heard some say that a little time in the freezer will help releasing it from the mold too. Love the swirl you did on that round one. :D

Okay, but the round seriously kicks ass....its really not worth it at all? And here I was dumping out my shampoo

:undecided

Now the jamming of soap in a mold, I know all too well. But you can't tell. Its really pretty

I guess it would be worth it if I could get more than 6 bars out of a mold. I'll have to invest in a round mold eventually. These are so easy to make a cool swirl with, it's almost a shame not to.

I guess it would be worth it if I could get more than 6 bars out of a mold. I'll have to invest in a round mold eventually. These are so easy to make a cool swirl with, it's almost a shame not to.

How do you swirl in the tube?

:D I love the rounds too in fact I will be making some this evening. Yes, the more times you use the mold the easier it gets and theres always the freezer and a good shake. When I made the first one I had to cut it out of the mold and that wasn't any fun. ;) I also like not having to trim them. Maybe cut the bottoms off and seal it. than push the soap out..ahh I might experiment with it later but for now i'll just keep doing what's worked for me. I think I will try swirling with a turkey baster tonight lol. I practiced with dyed pancake batter and it was pretty let's just see how that works with the round molds and real soap!