Patchouli

I know either people love it or hate it! I love it actually but I've tried so many I lost count and I can't get one that has a decent throw. The ones that do throw well aren't really patchoulish if that makes sense! Anyone have any recommendations?

Donna

good to hear that i just got some from them but i think it STINKS but i've had some requests for it. :D

I think it stinks, too, but some people love it. I don't like Nag Champa either, but some go crazy for it!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll make a list and go through them all one by one eventually I'll stumble across one that I like! :cheesy2: I have a few patchouli EO's too. I'll start experimenting!

Donna

Lori in my soy/paraffin blend I use SC's Patchouli EO at 1 oz./lb. and get a great strong throw. It is a bugger to wick though and ended up using an LX24 in an 8 oz. status jar and (2) LX 14's in a 12 oz. status.

Donna you can always use a little of the EO in with your FO to kick up the scent!! :cool2:

Patchouli EO is by far the best smell IMO. Nothing else smells like the real thing. I've found it for $23 per lb. And I've never had touble with the throw, or wicking it.

I recently tried the Sweet Patchouli from bluegrass. I like it alot but it doesn't smell like the EO at all. I have another scent called teakwood that smells exactly like the sweet patch.

• 3 weeks later...

BCN is the only patchouli FO I have been able to find that is even close to a patchouli EO scent and have a good scent throw both hot and cold. I am curious to see how the EO would work in a candle but I was always told that EOs aren't a good idea in candles because they aren't a *stable* product like FOs are and the scent throw and FP can be different from batch to batch and year to year. I don't know - I've just stayed away from them but have always been curious to see how they would burn but had no starting point as to how much to put in. I'd love to have a 99% natural candle (I'd still put in a UV stablizer just because I don't like yellowed wax...). But if you happen to find a good Patchouli FO, please let me know because I want to make a blend that has Patchouli in it. :)

Life & Light!

Tish

I have BG's, CC, NG's and Cajuns. I hate them all but the Patchouli lover says Cajun is best. I also have Patchouli EO and always add 1/2 oz per 4 lbs of wax. All throw well for me.

Cajun Candles patchouli smells more like the eo than any other that I tried.

Tri-State has a decent Patch, but I haven't tested it in soy. I hate the smell, so I won't test it until someone asks for it, lol.

Just Scent has a Vanilla Patchouli, which is supposed to be nice. GL Patchouli Valencia is also nice.

millcreek's groovy patchouli is strong in pure soy.

I mixed (in a 2oz tin) a sample of MC's patchouli with some Peach that I have (from somewhere else) to test a Peach Patchouli scent...

I burned it tonight and a fly flew into the melt pool and died.

It must be good. ;)

I mixed (in a 2oz tin) a sample of MC's patchouli with some Peach that I have (from somewhere else) to test a Peach Patchouli scent...

I burned it tonight and a fly flew into the melt pool and died.

It must be good. ;)

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: yes it has to be good