Donita's Tutorials Donita Help Please!!!

OK Donita, how come Shoregirl gets to go to one of your classes? I think there are enough of us CTers in VA that we could have a mini candle making seminar at your place whenever you could accomodate us. Just name the time, place and price. If not just let us know when you'll have the tutorials available on your website.

And ignore those negative drips, Not even worth giving the time of day to.

As one who has learned to much from you, Thank You for sharing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharyl.....Shoresgirl buys me lunch. Actually last weekend she surprised me and bought me a black skirt with little seashells and beads along the bottom, then surprised me again and bought me some very cool black shoes with and green and Ivory embroidery and sequins and ankle straps...wedgies. If you come and take me to lunch (don't have to buy me clothes) you can be my "Ocean YaYa".....Shoresgirl is my River YaYa.....Amanda is the other one. We are YaYa 8, YaYa88 and YaYa888..... 8 being the infinity symbol and the month of August when we have out celebration.....only three in this group....not even my sister has been let in....she doesn't want to make candles with me.....to be a YaYa you have to hug and kiss and go out to lunch and make stuff. My sister just wants me to give her all of my experiment candles.... and lampshades...she has never bought anything from me....she even gets things from me to give to other people as gifts.....a real cheapskate....lol.....Actually, I feel sorry for her. She doesn't have a computer and just watches soap operas everyday. She is a little jealous of all of my Internet friends (and the enemies make life so interesting too).....you know, the "Good, the Bad and the Ugly".....lol.......really Sharyl...if you ever feel like driving over to Charlottesville, please do and I will make you lunch.

OK....you girls figure it out and if you want to have a girl party I am up for it. Pick a date and I will clean my house (just a little) and put on make up and wear some decent looking clothes that aren't covered with wax...lol.....tell me your food preferences (like maybe you don't eat lettuce because it scares you).......Amanda is moving out very soon, I think, and all of her children's junk should be gone....three dogs too. I will invite Shoresgirl over too and you will love her...honestly. I have known her for 23 years and there isn't a sweeter person in the world. She is so full of sugar that I gain weight just being around her...lol......Donita

I have only been making candles for a couple of years. I don't get to post as often as I would like due to my full time job. As a fairly new candlemaker, I was shocked at the rudeness of a couple of posts to this thread!

Donita, I looked at your candles and thought OMG!!! :drool: They are the most beautiful creations that I have ever laid eyes on! I am the type of person that gets more benefit out of a hands on experience or step-by-step tutorial, such as yours. I would gladly pay for one! I don't think that is too much to ask as far as the years that you have spent perfecting your masterpieces. I think that it is generous of you to offer your expertise to us! That, to me, makes you "gem" of a person! Thanks again.;)

Beverly S:bow:

If you come and take me to lunch (don't have to buy me clothes) you can be my "Ocean YaYa".....Shoresgirl is my River YaYa.....Amanda is the other one. We are YaYa 8, YaYa88 and YaYa888..... 8 being the infinity symbol and the month of August when we have out celebration.....only three in this group....not even my sister has been let in.....

Damn!!! And all this time I thought I was one of your girls...... and I've got Margarita's......;)

Never seen what you do but any advanced procedure should be charged for. As far as a book being too much being $100.00? I assume you havent seen the price of college books? To learn a specialty craft, there is no price, a $100.00 to learn something is peanuts. JMO. Good luck and do the book.

I just read all the posts here about Donita, I have only been making candles since April, and I am in the process of perfecting the cane photo candles. I could never have gotten this far without Donita, she is the best! I will be paying her for tutorials with no problem at all. She is the sweetest person and full of knowledge and kindness. And I too would love to meet her some day. In fact, I think I'll buy a candle from her, just to have something of hers. Not many people take the time to help so many of us, once again thanks Donita from the bottom of my heart! LUV YA!! :D

There is nothing wrong with Dinita making money. I just wonder how many of you will really cough up the money. 1%, maybe?

I'm pretty sure her techniques can be found free on about.com.

Maybe - but they sure as hell won't have a Donita, and she makes it half the fun!!!

Don't you dare clean the house. You time is too precious to waste on such unnecessary work. I'll bring lunch when I come. Hate clothes shopping so won't have anything cute with seashells. Will try to bring Christina and Angela. I just want to watch you in action so don't bother putting on wax free clothes either. Maybe we can picnic in your flower garden. I'd love to be your Ocean Ya Ya. Love it!!

I'm all up for it Sharyl. The only bad time is July 12-22nd.. between my parents coming and having to drive to NJ for my husband's brother wedding, I am booked.

Any other time. I am ready.. Lets see

here is the travel distance for me for the 3 of you.

Angela- Williamsburg- 1 hour 9 mins ( I drive faster than the average person) LOL

Sharyl- Eastern Shore- 44 mins

Donita- Charlottesville- 2 hours , 5 mins

Christina

Donita, I went to your website and was awestruck by your beautiful candles. I especially love the ones with shells. I live right on the coast in SC and want anything with shells. If you do make a tutorial for doing those, I would love to purchase it.

I just looked at your website. Those are the most beautiful candles I have ever seen. They are too beautful to burn as candles. Your work is exceptional. I will be looking for your tutorials so I can purchase them. No one should mind paying for your expertise. Thanks for sharing.

I am pretty new here and I am just flabergasted (SP) at how rude some people can be. If you do not want to pay for help then don't.....plain and simple, just trot over to a new topic and leave things alone. But to say such harsh things to what I can gather is a wonderfully talented and very kind and giving lady is another.

Everyone here knows that they can google about anything. However the quality of what you get and how reliable are a whole different story. How many times have people thought that they had found a killer idea or an easier way to do something only for it to be totally wrong or even worse dangerous??? Just something to think about.

I will be waiting to hear about the tutorials and be MORE than happy to pay for them. When someone works that hard and shows such love and care about something it ought to be worth more than harsh words.

I am sorry but posting such things about a loved one on a message board is wrong on so many levels.

I will go back to my quiet corner and wait for Donita to let me know when she has the tutorials ready. Until then we all need to treat others how we would like to be treated

There is nothing wrong with Dinita making money. I just wonder how many of you will really cough up the money. 1%, maybe?

I'm pretty sure her techniques can be found free on about.com.

;) Sure, and when you will find them please post the link!