Latest Palm scented Spring Rain

Mozzie

:whoohoo:

Mozzie it's fantastic!!!! It's really a beauty.

I could kill for a candle like that. Watch out!!!! Do you still want to come here??;)

Thanks Sabrina. Your comments make me laugh. Of course I still want to come but is it okay if I bring my bodyguard with me? LOL.

That's one beautiful candle Mozzie!!!! And I love the color that you've chosen. How do you wick those babies?!?!? I have some palm wax that I'm dying to try, but I have no idea where to even start with wicking.....

Thanks MM. So far I have found the 36 ply flat braid to be the most effective wick for 3" pillars. I've had the 30 ply fb and the LX22 drown while the RRD 47 and ECO 10 and LX 24 had blow outs part way down (although otherwise pretty good) and the LX 26 had a huge flame. I haven't made any pillars without stearine so don't know what effect that would have on wick size - may have to go down a notch. Hope that gives you a good starting point. Good luck, have fun and be sure to post lots of photos. Mozzie.

I love that candle Mozzie. The texture and color are fantastic. I gave up on palm wax....too many problems getting it to burn the way I wanted it to. Cheers to all of you palm wax users that figured it out. Donita

That is so pretty! Did you use an alum mold or metal? I cant get my palm wax to feather like that in a metal mold and I only have 1 alum :(

Hi, it's an aluminium mould, and for those who may be interested, the exact recipe is: 533g Granite Palm wax, 16.08g palm stearic acid, 1.09g UV inhibitor, 1.5 bayberry dye chips and 26.65g of Spring Rain fo. I poured at 93C and unmoulded next day. The mould is 3" x 6". HTH. Mozzie

BEAUTIFUL WORK MOZZ! Do you remember a longggggg time ago when you first started with the Palm??? :) You have come a long way with your creations. Congratulation Mozz, A+++++++. :highfive:
Cheryl, I certainly do and I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't still be persevering if it wasn't for all your help and encouragement. THANK YOU :yay:

And, no, the glass inserts still haven't arrived but may be in today's post - I'll go check in a little while.