Texas Candlemaking Conference check in

Don't worry Kerry! I haven't thought of anything yet either lol! I have a lot of cat hair I could use lol!

Check that, I was just informed by the Boy King and there will be no cat hair available without him making the trip ... now what? Do I let the brat come? I keep telling him that he's had a year to work and save up to get his own plane ticket. He isn't hearing a word of it.

LOL! :laugh2: Guess you will have to think of something else. I think he should stay home with Rockin and keep him company. Traveling is not really a cats favorite thing to do anyway.

I am seriously considering going to Michaels or Hobby Lobby and checking out some ideas. Ebay is not out of my realm of possibilities either.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Im not mistaken, Lufkin is a very small town and there would not be an airport there. You probly need to fly into San Antonio..thats just my guess. HTH :)

Good Lord, no, not San Antonio! That would be a 5-6 hour drive to Lufkin. Houston IAH will be the closest major airport, about 2 hours away. Dallas a little bit farther.

Are all ya'll staying at Comfort Inn? I made my reservations several weeks ago at Holiday Inn since it was the cheapest of the 3 listed as having special conference rates for us (I 'think' it's real close to Comfort Inn, though). I just made them for Friday night, though. Figured I would drive home the hour and a half Saturday evening after the conference. This will be my first conference & I didn't know it was a weekend party. What's the deal on Friday night? I didn't see anything about it on the Texas Candle Conference site. Are most of the non-conference festivities going to be Fri. or Sat. night? I have a room with 2 double beds booked if anyone wants to share & I will be driving alone if ya wanna ride (I'm in Cleveland, about 20-25 minutes from IAH airport in Houston). If anyone's coming north on 59 from Houston & wants to ride or caravan to Lufkin, just holla.

Bunny, Kimberly and I will be at the Friday night drink fest.....I can't wait! Have they posted the location yet?

Kimberly, what time do you get in?

Oh girl I will be in Houston on Thursday at 1:45pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh girl I will be in Houston on Thursday at 1:45pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just in time for happy hour :laugh2: Bunny did ya find a babysitter yet? (We may have to leave her home :D) JK (hmmmm maybe not :undecided )

Jeez - conf is just 2 weeks away and the location for the drink fest has not been determined?? Not like it much matters as long as they have a good happy hour bar, decent food and a nice little jazz band.....:cool2: Can't wait!!

Oh yeah Kaybee and Sherie and Scented! We've got ya til Sunday!!!!!

Oh and Smart Tart, I've had my babysitter for 2 weeks now! Will drop off the kids on the way to the conference, as it's right on the way!

Got an email today that the Friday night get together is going to be at a Mexican restaurant, but I can't remember the name..

And I'm officially on the schedule of events! But it looks like lots that will be talked about Friday night will also be discussed Saturday. Gettin nervoux! If you girls laugh at me while I'm up there I promise I'll super-glue your toes together Saturday night!

Touch my toes and you'll .... lol!

Cool looks like this group is growing and growing and growing!!

If Kim brings liners they're mine!! :D

This is going to be way fun!!! Whooo hoooo!

And good to know we're staying till Sunday LMAO!! I'm the last to know, but then again I'm coming for the ride, the company and the good times!! Let 'er roll!! Is it time yet?

Oh yeah Kaybee and Sherie and Scented! We've got ya til Sunday!!!!!

Oh and Smart Tart, I've had my babysitter for 2 weeks now! Will drop off the kids on the way to the conference, as it's right on the way!

Got an email today that the Friday night get together is going to be at a Mexican restaurant, but I can't remember the name..

And I'm officially on the schedule of events! But it looks like lots that will be talked about Friday night will also be discussed Saturday. Gettin nervoux! If you girls laugh at me while I'm up there I promise I'll super-glue your toes together Saturday night!

Oh SHUT UP! you know I wouldnt laugh at you....and if I did I would be laughing WITH you...not at you!...lol

Mexican Rest...YUMMMM...me luvs mex food...and booze!

Touch my toes and you'll .... lol!

Cool looks like this group is growing and growing and growing!!

If Kim brings liners they're mine!! :D

This is going to be way fun!!! Whooo hoooo!

And good to know we're staying till Sunday LMAO!! I'm the last to know, but then again I'm coming for the ride, the company and the good times!! Let 'er roll!! Is it time yet?

Sorry Julie, forgot to tell ya, just confirmed that myself a day or two ago with Sherie, when she called and confirmed the room for Saturday night.

Hmmm...Mexican Food, I love Mexican Food, but ya'll can't have any beans though. :tongue2:

Margarita's :D Good Lord - Look what y'all have done to me! I don't even drink!! Well not much anyhow!! I think I will be like Deb - the one who keeps everyone in line and behaving! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

OK Kimberly - do you have your list together? Liners, grease, and something to clean up super glue!

Bunny - we should do good together - you with the super glue and me with the duct tape! Just got to keep Scented away from all that stuff!

Good luck keeping them all in line Debbie. I know that I certainly had my hands full with the Ohio group. Being the oldest, I felt it was my duty to be on my best behavior. (LOL!)

Sounds like you are all going to have a GREAT time!! Just getting to know everyone "in real life" is a huge part of the fun!

I do apologize baby girl for not letting you know. I'm trying to do 15 things at one time. Ask Kerry, she came by the other evening and I was mowing the yard. I am also working on something here so we can play the night you come in. You are a very important part of this road trip/party. Again, i do apolgoize. ;)

Women don't fart ... toot ... have barking spiders etc. In fact, I don't think beans affect women :laugh2:

Sherie!!! You live!! You have kids to do those chores don't you? What is motherhood for? ;)

All is good. Playing is fun!! I can't wait!! Can we make something to take and put in the White Elephant lol!