Texas Candlemaking Conference check in

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bunny I tried to call you again - no answer - now that you are in the big city you never stay home....lol

I made reservations at the comfort inn - you know I am anal and must make plans in advance....lol anyhow I asked if the rooms were in a block or a certain area all together - no they are all over the hotel...so if we knew names we could request adjoining or close to each other rooms...I asked the clerk I spoke with if he knew Scented or Sherry or Anita and he told me I needed last names..... :shocked2: So maybe we should talk and see if we can get our rooms close together - and we won't disturb the folks who are there to sleep....;)

Debbie

Deb, try Salas for Sherie. She's the one who booked the room. I think her hands fell off having burned them a bit pulling weeds.

LOL Julie! They didn't really fall off, but I know that a couple of days, she wishes they had. She is working tonight, but I believe she is off tomorrow night and we should see her make an appearance here, unless she has other plans. :D

My Zoe cat said to me that you should bring Harrison and let him stay with her while you are out of town. She is a sassy little thing, aka Queen Zoe around here, LOL! She is good at keeping the other two boys around here in line.

I'm here with 2 hands and 10 fingers. Their still a bit sore but doing much better!!!!!! The Conference website says the prices are good through June 21st but when i booked our room, the hotel representative told me the pricing was only good if booked by June 16th. When you make reservations see if they will pair us with adjoining rooms.

I'm thinking that duck tape, foo foo punch and hula dancing is not in the category of "quiet", lol. Now "good" can take on a WHOLE new meaning, KWIM? LOL

Harry would shoot me Kerry!! But he will be staying with Dad (Rockin) so they can both lounge on the couch and flip through channels and have those other male bonding moments. I should probably tell Rob he's coming lol!

How did I overlook duct tape?

Since I just told Rob that Harry's staying with him, I hear Rob's going to teach him how to scratch. This will be most lovely.

Lord I am getting so confused....maybe we should bring those guys to do a 'scratching' seminar....lol and hula dancing?? should I bring my grass skirt? No problems with the duct tape - I will be happy to share some tips! :P

OK well my room is booked under my 'real' name maybe one of you all could pm me with your real names and I will call the hotel to see if they will get us close together or adjoining? Or pm me and I will give you my real name (since I am on the shit list of some folks here I would prefer not to mention it in this post - who knows - if they want me banned maybe they are crazy enough to want to "take me out" lmao:laugh2: )

OK - I was able to get some extra lye and palm kernal flakes (thanks to tbear) - Does anyone want any? The lye will be $1.25 per pound - if anyone wants some pm me to let me know and I will bag it up....(Bunny I got yours already).

Debbie

Wait a minute, Tart. Is there a price on your head? Will it cover my room rate? If so, let's get adjoining rooms!

:whistle:

No really. You will be safe.

:naughty:

(And in case big brother is watching, no, I am not really planning on taking Tart out, unless it is for a drink.)

lmao - not sure how high that price is but for a while I was thinking there were folks to do it fo free.....:shocked2: This conference is gonna be fun! Can't wait!

Just finished speaking with the hotel - as of now our room is hooked up with or close to scented and Sherry......I asked for adjoining and if that isn't possible, at least next to one another or across.....If anyone else chooses to be close to us, just pm one of us for 'real names'.....

Debbie

You want this to be soap or candle related right?

Not necessarily. I mean we have knitters on here so I wouldn't want to exclude them ... you know like Bunny and Anita lol!

OK Tart, if we're connected, no fire department calls. It seems Bunny favors firemen lol!

Just finished speaking with the hotel - as of now our room is hooked up with or close to scented and Sherry......I asked for adjoining and if that isn't possible, at least next to one another or across.....If anyone else chooses to be close to us, just pm one of us for 'real names'.....

Debbie

Oh that's awesome Debbie!!!!!! We won't have too far to crawl to our beds, lol!!!!!

Hey, I'm in for some firemen too!!!!!!!!

Not necessarily. I mean we have knitters on here so I wouldn't want to exclude them ... you know like Bunny and Anita lol!

I'm a knitter and a felter. I just thought it would be fun to give something else other than my un-exciting soaps.