Texas Candlemaking Conference check in

Hey it looks like I may get to go!! Whoo Hooo!!! So I was curious how many others will be attending?

Last year at the Chicago one, we did a White Elephant gift exchange and had some of Bunny's Foo Foo punch. Hey Bun, you up to making that again?

Anyone interested in the White Elephant exchange?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Allright! Smart Tart and I are both gonna be there, and a white elephant gift exchange sounds fantastic!

You wanna run it Scented? Are you flying down? When you coming, how long can we keep ya?

And Kaybee and Sherie too??!! Freakin fantastic! It's gonna be an awesome weekend!

Hmm... Not sure about the punch.. I think ya'll will have to twist my arm for that!

Already sent in my $$ - and the white elephant sounds fun - I'm in! Bunny I am coming by on Wednesday - gonna twist your arm since I missed the foo foo punch last time! :P (BTW - can you meet me on Wednesday? I'll call you - after 9 lol)

Still no hotel info?? Anyone got any ideas about hotels?

Debbie

Not sure if I can do Wednesday.. Windshield guy is coming to put a new windshield in the van.. And he'll be here between 8 in the morning and 6 at night!

I don't know how I'm gonna get all this done! Have today and tommorow to finish packing the whole house, Doug comes home from work on Wednesday. Taking a load to TX on Thursday. Pick up Uhaul on Friday, move on Saturday!

I finally registered for the conference though!

Will make a phone call tonight to find out more about Lufkin hotels... I personally would prefer we all stay at the same one so we can party more...

And anyone want to do in the room demos? Anything anyone else who is coming make something that anyone wants to learn? Have stickblender will travel! Gonna have to go dig through the recipe sections to see what ya'll are up to!

I'm going for sure. I emailed J.T. on the hotels & she is waiting for a lady to get back to her on the rates. I stayed last yr at Comfort Suites. They made us a good rate. They had a swap too last yr & I got some really nice things

Well heck I thought this thread died lol!

I'm planning on flying into Dallas on that Thursday and hitching a ride with Sherie and Kerry. Now if you had some of that punch ... mmmmm ... I think we could all help out ;)

Sure, I'll run the white elephant/gift exchange.

I like the idea of what they're doing for the Ohio one and thinking ... oh something handcrafted would be ideal, but I would still leave it open to anything anyone wanted to bring.

I really need to check out that link lol!

Please keep us posted on the hotel situation. Sherie and I both still need to register. Not sure if we are gonna come in on Friday night or wait and come in early Saturday. Wahoo, a party!

Ummm we gotta go on Friday ... please!! I know Sherie's still waiting on her schedule.

LOL! Well, Sherie is driving! I haven't actually riden with her before, so maybe we will need some of that foofoo punch when we get there, LOL! Friday night is good with me, i am so ready for a break. Would be nice to have a count of everyone who is going from the board, so we don't miss meeting anyone.

:D I can never seem to keep it thin enough long enough, to get those beautiful swirls that a lot of others seem to get. Mine always gets thick while I am trying to pour it. Maybe that is the way I am intended to swirl, *sigh*. On the ones I do get to stay thin enough, they are the ones I don't want to color, LOL! It will happen one day and it will be magic and I will be doing the happy dance in my kitchen, LOL!:yay:

p.s. Julie, your swirls are MUCH better than mine.

Well, CRAP! It looks amazing, and fun, and it's much more affordable than the soapmakers. But dang...it's TWO HOURS from my ILs house...I just can't see making that drive, after driving from our house, which is three hours away. I'll ponder on it, though, it sounds SO FUN!!!

Well, CRAP! It looks amazing, and fun, and it's much more affordable than the soapmakers. But dang...it's TWO HOURS from my ILs house...I just can't see making that drive, after driving from our house, which is three hours away. I'll ponder on it, though, it sounds SO FUN!!!
I know me too. I looked at the pics and it looks like fun but where it is at is far from me and there is no direct route. I'd have to drive all over the place to get there.