How can we compete?

If I made candles like that to sell, I would have to hide my head in shame! :embarasse Apparently, they think they look great enough to sell, but in my mind they are the worst ones I have ever seen! Even the ones in the stores look 100 times better than those!

They definitely need some courses in candlemaking! :rolleyes2

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:NOT!! Is it legal to sell candles like this??? What the hell are they thinking??? Wouldn't these (some ;) of them) be considered a fire hazard, exploding hazard with glass?

Forgive them for they know not what they do!! :shocked2:

The off centered wicks are a pet peave of mine.....and the tops are nasty looking!! I can't imagine someone actually buying these candles!! What does that say about the customers?? I will look for these people and see prices...that's the only thing I can think of that would even tempt ANYONE who doesn't know about homemade candles to buy these... I guess it takes all kinds.

Steph in tx

the un-ironed tea towel and cookie crumbs just add a certain "something" to the overall effect I think.

LMAO!!!! i just love the green one. Looks like a booger with a wick. I know my candles aren't that great, but I don't sell mine.

• Haha 1

yes it is a disgrace, but then doesn't it just make you feel so good about your own products? When the endless testing seems to eat at all your money and you wonder why you don't just make the candle, sell it and hope they don't complain - you then realise that you were right all along and have something that is

a) to be proud of

B) that is the best quality you can make it

c) a testamonial to your integrity and morals

You just know customers of such naffydoodle candles will end up being YOUR customers in the end!

You just know customers of such naffydoodle candles will end up being YOUR customers in the end!

Naffydoodle? Must be an English saying...I love it! Something else to tease my DW about. She's from Wales and I always tease her with gobsmacked, gutted and a few others. I'm going to have fun with this one! Thank you!

:yay::laugh2::yay::laugh2::yay:

What pisses me off, is that I have listed about 10 times with my candles. They look WAAAAAYY freaking better than that, yet I cannot sell any. But these people put out crap votives, mark them up way high, AND people buy them? WTF?

lol - i came up with naffydoodle a while ago. We use "naff" to describe something that's crap, or rubbish - and I was wondering about a new name for snickerdoodle as I have no idea what a snickerdoodle is - and naffydoodle was just one thing I came up with and it stuck :P

Naffydoodle? Must be an English saying...I love it! Something else to tease my DW about. She's from Wales and I always tease her with gobsmacked, gutted and a few others. I'm going to have fun with this one! Thank you!

:yay::laugh2::yay::laugh2::yay:

My DH is from Wales, and I know just what you mean..... Don't you love the way they say "ears"?!?!?

What pisses me off, is that I have listed about 10 times with my candles. They look WAAAAAYY freaking better than that, yet I cannot sell any. But these people put out crap votives, mark them up way high, AND people buy them? WTF?

Tess, I am so with you. I have tried and dont get any sales but these people irk me!

Christina

(although I didn't call the FO naffydoodle) - can someone enlighten me as to what a snickerdoodle is and also suggest a new name for the oil?
Snickerdoodle is a cookie. Or, what YOU might call, a biscuit. I'm not sure but I believe they're peanut butter. People usually finish them off by pressing fork tines into the cookie top at right angles to eachother.
My DH is from Wales, and I know just what you mean..... Don't you love the way they say "ears"?!?!?
Actually, my DW moved to the states when she was 7 so she's lost her accent. That's still no excuse so I continue to tease her anyway. I know what you mean though "ehhs".

(although I didn't call the FO naffydoodle) - can someone enlighten me as to what a snickerdoodle is and also suggest a new name for the oil?

Snickerdoodles are a Cookie, Basically a Sugar Cookie base with added cinnamon to the mix. When made you roll the mix into a ball and coat with a cinnamon sugar mix , they smell soo good.. www.candlesoylutions.com has an awesome FO