How can we compete?

wow, those are horrible! I sometimes feel like giving up when I go into some pretty big name stores and see beautiful candles priced very cheap. But then I buy one, burn it, and it burns like crap! Then I feel so much better about my candles knowing that all my hard work pays off because they burn perfectly. So many people only care about getting quick money and not about offering something of great quality.

Ok, I am very nosy, so I went to ebay and typed in handmade votives, there is one person, may be the same one from your pic that has the worst votives I have ever seen, maybe the worst looking product I have ever seen on ebay.

Here is one pic of her candles, go look, you will be ROFL and be embarrassed for her at the same time

[ATTACH]6185[/ATTACH]

post-163-139458400225_thumb.jpg

I not sure what to say:shocked2: ???First, I was like you have got to be kidding me, then I was like man the ones I have that look like crap don't look so bad after all. Then I laugh because honestly they have to know these are not hot and if people buy them obviously candle appearance isn't their main priority??? :undecided

AND people have bought them, I looked at feedback---lovely candles, smell great

OMG, I would be so urked if I purchased candles and this showed up at my door. It is such an insult to other crafters.

Those are indeed pitiful specimens. I'd be afraid to even try to burn them with the wicks all cattywampus; the holder might overheat and break. But at least, they are showing the actual product, so anyone ordering them can see exactly what they're getting. I guess that's better than showing a picture of a perfect votive, then sending something like this.

Perhaps someone should contact the seller(s) and invite them here to learn ways to make better candles... :wink2:

I also notice the images are watermarked - I hope it is not a violation of copyright law to post them here...

I also notice the images are watermarked - I hope it is not a violation of copyright law to post them here...

Yeah, I know if those were mine, I'd constantly be worried that someone would steal my pix for their own website.
:cheesy2: