Your candle business name

moniek

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After brainstorming for about a week and always coming back to 'My Smelly Basement' (where I make my candles), I decided to plug those words into thesaurus.com and try and make it more upscale...hence I came up with Jen's Fragrant Cellar

I've enjoyed reading all of these.

We spent hours trying to find a name we both liked and that had a domain free.

I was surfing through a country graphic website and saw a pic of a calico kitty and CALICO CANDLE COMPANY popped into my head.

Calico also made me think of bright mixed colors. I live fairly rural so country type things are popular. Have incorporated a lil calico kitten graphic in some of our scent labels and various places.

post-12039-139458470304_thumb.jpg

post-12039-139458470307_thumb.jpg

I named my b&b business after my 2 oldest daughters, Willow and Fern. The name is versatile enough that it could be country, posh or contemporary,natural etc. I've gone through quite a bit of logo changes, trying to find my identity. :rolleyes2

I have debated having a separate "sub-brand" for candles called Autumn's Hue using my youngest daughter and a play on my only son's middle name (Hugh). His first name is Alec, which doesn't lend itself to much...lol.

I am crazy/nuts about candles~ cant get enough of them ( thats why i started making them, I was spending tooooo much $ on them) So, I just changed the C in Candle to a K and went w/ Kandlenutz, and threw the Z in at the back just make it more creative and give it a prim twist, since thats they kind of candles I LOVE!

I just notice this thread so wanted to jump in with my candle co name. I've always put little inspirational bible verses on my candle labels as long as customers don't object....they have the choice to have them with or without. I lived a pretty hard life until I met my husband a little over 26 yrs ago....marriage to my 1st husband was abusive, etc. Anyway, my FIL is/was my preacher (has been since I was a little kid but I never knew my husband b/c he is 10 yrs. older than I am) so church has been a big part of my life so, I came up with the name of "Scentspirational Scents Candles and Gifts".

I honestly believe that God brought my husband and me together and thru our faith and trust in Him we have made it thru some tough spots and came out of them stronger as well as managed to hold our marriage together through it all. This is just my way of being able to express my faith through something that I love doing!

Cool thread! And interesting to see how people come up with something as personal as a business name.

I was originally a personal chef with the name Kate's Kitchenfairy, but because of my area, it just didn't work out. But I loved my logo and had something else in mind for the name. I work only with food based scents so I am Kitchen Fairy Fragrance... it lets me start with the aroma beads and melts that I'm working on now and then I'll be able to expand to anything else. :smiley2:

Edited by kitchenfairy
because the keyboard got away from me....

• 5 months later...

When we moved over to Perth there was a really cool name for a suburb there called "Gooseberry hill". Just sounded so quaint. I never realized it but that was where we ultimately found the best house to rent. It was advertised as a 'medieval like castle" and though it wasn't REALLY like a castle it had thick rough stone walls inside and out, was covered in ivy and had weird little stained glass windows throughout and lots of really interesting nooks and crannies. The most unique house we've ever lived in and I loved it there perched atop the hill looking down over the city lights.

That's where Richard decided one day to bring home some wicks and wax and off we went!

We decided to stick with "Gooseberry hill candles" because that's where the idea originated...... besides,we would have argued till the cows came home if we'd have tried to think of a different name once we moved back to Sydney :)

My business name is Jillybean Candles. I came up with this because I wanted to make a label for candles I made for Christmas gifts ( back in 2004) and thought Jillybean Candles was fun. Jillybean is my nickname and has been forever:) My logo was something I made while messing with an art program and my husband loved it. He convinced me to use it and now I love it.

It was just this July that I decided to give it all I have and it is quite addicting I must say.

Neat thread :cheesy2:!!

We live right on the bay and my name is Wendy. I have a hard time naming anything.

My brilliant husband says, "What about Wendy By The Bay, since your name is Wendy and you live on the bay??"

It's worked out great for the past 8+ years Bad thing is in a few months we are moving far from the bay to way out in the country, lol!!

Gotta think of a new name now!

We live a bit down the road from Rattlesnake Creek. That's where our water comes from. So I am RattleSnake Creek Scent Works. I do B&B and I use the tag line "Shed Your Snake Skin". I used to have a red and green snake on my label but am working on a kitschy western look. I am going to start testing candle tins after Christmas.

Susan

• 3 years later...

This is a very interesting thread. I know the discussion hasn't been active for a while, but since I am new to CraftServer, I wanted to add my two cents.

My business name is called, Wicked Wine Candles, we sell candles made from recycled wine bottles. We started selling at craft fairs and local farmer's markets back in 2011 and have continued to improve our product and building our customer base.

On to the name...

• We are from Massachusetts, where the term, 'wicked', in New England is slang that adds emphasis. For example, "that movie is wicked awesome" aka "that movie is really awesome".
  • Another reason we selected 'wicked' is that we use wood wicks in all of our candles.
  • The double 'W' sound has a nice ring to it - easy to remember (in my opinion
  • We included the term 'wine' in the brand name because all of our candles are made from recycled wine bottles. We wanted our company name to accurately describe our products so as to not confuse potential customers.

Edited by TallTayl
removed link to business page.

• 1 month later...

My first preference for my candle business name was Guardian Candles but I found some company already registered it. When I contacted them about buying the business name they only wanted to make a license deal with me. So I moved on and found a better name.

Sentinel Candles

"A person who protects or defends something." In this case the candle light.

Im very happy with my choice and wouldn't think about changing it - ever! :)

Well, since I am a commercial beekeeper by trade and sell everything from candles to bath and body to honey and honey food products, I wanted to encompass everything, keeping in the "bee" theme, sell "delightful" products yet keep things "simple". Thus Simply BeeLightful was born! Wal-lah