Your candle business name

moniek

I had a dog (Gabby, that I loved more than life) that blew out her ACL & needed TPLO surgery. Very soon after her recovery she blew out her other ACL & had to go back to Texas A&M. Total cost was a bit over $5,000. Literally out of nowhere, I decided I would make candles to help cover the costs -- ROFL!! So, after several yrs & several thousands of $, Gabby has passed on & I have a wonderful passion that reminds me of her every day. I decided immediately to make my logo a copy of her pawprint, but I couldn't think of a company name I loved. One day my husband & I were talking about how pets plow into your life & walk over your heart. Without thinking, I said: they leave heartprints. That was it ... HeartPrint Candles. Here's my logo:

HPlogoDark-1.jpg

And a story card that goes out w/ every candle: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/txsioux/Candles/scan0001-1.jpg

BTW, I live pretty close to Carole & smile every time I drive N & see the exit sign on the Interstate that says: Bugtussle Lane.

Susan.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is the name of our online store. Candles play a big part of the metaphysical so it's an easy line to roll in.

We got the name after some debate over a name. Ivy is my DW's celtic tree, and mine is Elder...We started with Ivy & Elder and my DD went ugh, I was playing with my runes while were doing this and i joked Ivy Rune and we could use the prosperity rune in the logo...My DD jumped up and down making the final tie breaking vote, but we changed the rune in the logo...

I had a dog (Gabby, that I loved more than life) that blew out her ACL & needed TPLO surgery. Very soon after her recovery she blew out her other ACL & had to go back to Texas A&M. Total cost was a bit over $5,000. Literally out of nowhere, I decided I would make candles to help cover the costs -- ROFL!! So, after several yrs & several thousands of $, Gabby has passed on & I have a wonderful passion that reminds me of her every day. I decided immediately to make my logo a copy of her pawprint, but I couldn't think of a company name I loved. One day my husband & I were talking about how pets plow into your life & walk over your heart. Without thinking, I said: they leave heartprints. That was it ... HeartPrint Candles. Here's my logo:

HPlogoDark-1.jpg

And a story card that goes out w/ every candle: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/txsioux/Candles/scan0001-1.jpg

BTW, I live pretty close to Carole & smile every time I drive N & see the exit sign on the Interstate that says: Bugtussle Lane.

Susan.

That is so touching. They most certainly do leave heartprints and it's forever.

I played around with family names at first, but I just couldn't find anything that fit. I really didn't like the sound of my first name for a business name, and I tried a few different combo's using my children's names and initials, but most either didn't sound right or similar names were already being used by other businesses.

So I got to thinking about where I live. I didn't want to name it after my town in case we ever moved, so I decided on Hometown Candles & Gifts, LLC. It has kinda a small town feel, and since I'm a small town kinda gal, it just felt right to me. And by adding the gifts, it allows me to expand in most any direction.

DH wasn't crazy about the name, he thought it was kinda corny, but hey, it's my business right? LOL

My business name is KC's Centsations Candle CO.-

I came up with this name one day after getting out the shower.:cheesy2: I was getting dressed putting on some oils and scentsations came to mind. I thought of doing something with me and my husbands name. My name is LaKeshia but people call me Keshia. My husband name is Corey. So I thought of K=Keshia, C=Corey, and centsations. So that's how I came up with KC's Centsations.

Keshia

We had to come up with additional ways to raise money for the animals in our care at Happy PAWS Haven, Inc. We where already selling cross stitch patterns, but with us being the only no-kill in our county we where not bringing in nearly enough to cover the vet and all other costs. I had made candles when I was a teenager, so I started researching candles again and feel in love the concept of soy wax. After about a year of research and another few years of testing it was time to come up with a name. Every candle bought would help with the costs of saving a life of a dog or cat in our care. So the name “Save A Life Candles” was born.

HPlogoDark-1.jpg

Susan.

Awww! I just love this story, and the fact that you send out the card with every candle is such a neat idea.

Cory (DH) and Mary are our names, hence Cormar. Thought I've thought about changing it recently when we make our next move, since though it's not registered here, there are a few other companies out there - one for Siberian Huskies and the other for carpets. I've thought about implementing my sons names in there too.

We are Heaven Scents Candles.....My Mom pretty much helped us name the Business...she loved Heaven Sent Perfume...and she said our Candles Smelled Heavenly....so Hence the name...and it's proven TRUE....It was Heaven Scent....God has so blessed our business...and we thank Him daily for His wisdom and Guidance in directing our Business....

Joyce & David

Heaven Scents Candles (1988)

d/b/a The Candle Box (My son-In-Law helped us come up with this name ...as our store is very small...kind of like a Box) loaded with Candles!!

College Station, Tx. :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

We put words in a hat first, drew them out, decided that didn't work, so wrote down all these words that we liked and paired them off ... took forever. Finally came down to four or five and had others vote on it. So we ended up with a name that I have grown to like but others thought was cool and simple enough.

Guest Candelishis

I came up with Candelishis because I was downstairs making candles one day, and the song "Fergalicious" came on the radio and I was jammin'. LOL. I was singing and all of a sudden I said "Candle-licious".. and went "Oooooh....that's a fun name!" So I had to google it, and someone already took candlelicious and candelicious, so I just spelled it Candelishis and checked all the necessary places to see if anyone had already registered a business, or domain, etc., and nobody had! So I took it!

When I was younger my dad called me Anna Banana. I hated it, but it stuck and he still calls me Nanners. I was trying to think of something catchy and easy and I dropped one of the n's in my name to make every other letter an A.

My husband actually thought of it. I like it,but sometimes I think that it sounds too country and I am trying to steer clear of that type of image.

I came up with Candelishis because I was downstairs making candles one day, and the song "Fergalicious" came on the radio and I was jammin'. LOL. I was singing and all of a sudden I said "Candle-licious".. and went "Oooooh....that's a fun name!" So I had to google it, and someone already took candlelicious and candelicious, so I just spelled it Candelishis and checked all the necessary places to see if anyone had already registered a business, or domain, etc., and nobody had! So I took it!

C to the A to the N to the D to the E to the L to the I to the S to the H the I to the S....sorry couldn't resist.

lol

Now I got that dayum song in my head

When I was younger my dad called me Anna Banana. I like it' date=' but sometimes I think that it sounds too country and I am trying to steer clear of that type of image.[/quote']

I don't think it sounds country at all -- it's really funky & fun, you could really have fun w/ graphics & scent names. Do you have a logo or website yet?

Thanks Ring & Coco, for the kind words. I think everyone should have a company name that's special to them & something they'll be happy w/ for the long haul.

Susan.

Well My sister-in-law and I decided to take the first letters in our names and so I bought the domain name as D And M Scentsational gifts. She and my brother moved away and since I was the one doing all the work and buying all the supplies plus buying the domain name and 5 years of hosting I renamed it Dreams and Memories Scentsational gifts. I have decided to do this alone than as a partnership, as I found out ,is not a good idea for me as I believe everyone should be equal in working as well as sharing the profits..

Well My sister-in-law and I decided to take the first letters in our names and so I bought the domain name as D And M Scentsational gifts. She and my brother moved away and since I was the one doing all the work and buying all the supplies plus buying the domain name and 5 years of hosting I renamed it Dreams and Memories Scentsational gifts. I have decided to do this alone than as a partnership, as I found out ,is not a good idea for me as I believe everyone should be equal in working as well as sharing the profits..

I'm glad you moved away from D&M, sounds like a kink place to me! :P

*picks up her mind and walks away*

We are Cottonwood Creek Candles & Soaps LLC - my hubby came up with the name in 2003 since we live in Cottonwood by Cottonwood Creek. We temp closed our business in May due to the unexpected death of our beloved DIL. We still maintain our name and hope to start again soon.

my DB and I were driving somewhere (probably to get something to eat) and happened to be listening to a country radio station... "What I Love About Sunday" came on... and he said "Sunday Soy". It encompassed everything...

Then I decided that I wanted to branch into B & B. He is also a HUGE music and movie fan (thousands and thousands of DVD's and CD's), and his job in the Army is Psychological Operations in the Broadcast Division... (Army lingo for a radio DJ who plays a lot of propaganda for the local natives). This makes his vast array of music quite eclectic. One of the groups he has introduced me to is "Me First and the Gimme Gimmes". "MeFirst" seemed to fit what I wanted to represent... take time, just once, and put yourself first... if only long enough to light a candle or indulge in a luxurious bath...