Your candle business name

moniek

My sister and I decided on Sisters @ Wicks End. We both have three children, dogs, cats guinea pigs, fish, turtles (especially me, she isn't the creepy crawly no fur, kind of girl. I basically let my boys talk me into anything) We have wonderfully busy households and the name just seemed appropriate.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Candelishis
C to the A to the N to the D to the E to the L to the I to the S to the H the I to the S....sorry couldn't resist.

lol

Now I got that dayum song in my head

LMAO @ you...that is funny. One LATE LATE LATE saturday nite, a friend of mine found a box of pre-printed candelishis labels sitting on my kitchen table, and decided he needed to use them to give everybody a nametag........he was samelishis, i was lauralishis, dh was batelishis (his nick name is bat), and on and on and on...we referred to each other as our "lishis" name the rest of the nite, and started singing like that! "L to the A to the U R A L I S H I S".. :laugh2: it was soooooooo hilarious, (well, at the time it was...lol!) and I still call him Samelishis and we all laugh about it all the time.

One of the groups he has introduced me to is "Me First and the Gimme Gimmes". "MeFirst" seemed to fit what I wanted to represent... take time, just once, and put yourself first... if only long enough to light a candle or indulge in a luxurious bath...

I LOVE that band!!! Aren't they just the awesome? Nothing beats their Phantom of the Opera! :yay:

I was studying latin at the same time that we were trying to come up with a business name and I wanted something unique but that had meaning. I looked up a couple of different things the first was obviously candle which in latin is candela but that is also candle in spanish and probably several other languages and I wanted something that most people wouldn't be able to figure out. Eventually I came upon Candeo (pronounced Can-Day-Oh by the way, most people say Candy-Oh) which means "to shine, glow, grow brilliant, sparkle" Since I was making palm wax candles this fit even more perfectly and it was immediately decided. Candeo Candle Factory...

I had no idea I was deciding upon a business name at the time--I had just gotten internet access about the time I started making candles (and of course was completely infatuated with wax and thought about candles constantly!!).

Since I had a free trial of AOL, I was trying to come up with an e-mail name and tried everything I could think of combining my name with candles--including CandleMama, etc. When I got to the combo "JaneMakesScents," it was available so I chose it for my e-mail and when my candlemaking hobby turned into a business, I decided I liked the e-mail addy and would use it for my company name.

Isn't that pitiful!!??

I had no idea I was deciding upon a business name at the time--I had just gotten internet access about the time I started making candles (and of course was completely infatuated with wax and thought about candles constantly!!).

Since I had a free trial of AOL, I was trying to come up with an e-mail name and tried everything I could think of combining my name with candles--including CandleMama, etc. When I got to the combo "JaneMakesScents," it was available so I chose it for my e-mail and when my candlemaking hobby turned into a business, I decided I liked the e-mail addy and would use it for my company name.

Isn't that pitiful!!??

Not at all, in fact I think it's rather catchy, I like it!!!

Isn't that pitiful!!??

Not at all pitifull! I thinks its creative and pretty neat! I agree with Ms Dammit...rather Catchy!! :grin2:

Jesse05 and MsDammit (do love that name, by the way!!), thanks for your comments on the name. What I really meant about the pitiful part was the process by which I arrived at my business name! No "real" thought went into it--if I had realized I was choosing my business name, I would have been agonizing over it for months!! (I have a slight problem with indecisiveness!)

Jane

Jesse05 and MsDammit (do love that name, by the way!!), thanks for your comments on the name. What I really meant about the pitiful part was the process by which I arrived at my business name! No "real" thought went into it--if I had realized I was choosing my business name, I would have been agonizing over it for months!! (I have a slight problem with indecisiveness!)

Jane

No problem ! lol! I know what you mean about if you knew you were chosing the name it would of took forever...just think it was less of a headache...and you came up with a GREAT name :yay: I have a problem with indecisiveness also :P

Originally, I wanted to use ScentSations but I soon found out that was taken. So I stepped back thought about my family and prayed and I came up with CozyAromas.

I was young when my great-grandmother died but I can remember that she used to make sweet potato pie all the time and it was my dad's favorite dessert during the holidays. So when I eat sweet potato pie it makes me think of her and that's what I mostly remember about her besides other things. Therefore, I came up with the tagline, "Where the Comforts of Home are Just A Scent Away." I want people to reminise (sp?) about fond memories of family, togetherness, or comfort when they buy a CozyAromas product.

My logo came from the fact that my great-grandmother always used to sit in her chair next to the fireplace in her home and make baby doll clothes. That's the creation of "CozyAromas."

Eventually, I will turn CozyAromas into a more modern look, but for right now the look of it fits me perfectly.

post-425-139458440024_thumb.gif

Originally, I wanted to use ScentSations but I soon found out that was taken. So I stepped back thought about my family and prayed and I came up with CozyAromas.

I was young when my great-grandmother died but I can remember that she used to make sweet potato pie all the time and it was my dad's favorite dessert during the holidays. So when I eat sweet potato pie it makes me think of her and that's what I mostly remember about her besides other things. Therefore, I came up with the tagline, "Where the Comforts of Home are Just A Scent Away." I want people to reminise (sp?) about fond memories of family, togetherness, or comfort when they buy a CozyAromas product.

My logo came from the fact that my great-grandmother always used to sit in her chair next to the fireplace in her home and make baby doll clothes. That's the creation of "CozyAromas."

Eventually, I will turn CozyAromas into a more modern look, but for right now the look of it fits me perfectly.

How sweet!! I love your logo too!!!

• 1 year later...

My old business 2000-2004 was White Gables Scents. The house I grew up in when it was built circa mid 1800's was the largest house in the area. Everyone in the surrounding counties new it as White Gables. I was living back with my parents at the time I started my business, hence the name. byw...my dad tried to tell me that he was owed royalties. :rolleyes2

My name is Trudi. I needed a name to put on my new tax license when I was selling for a direct sales company. The company sold natural products. So I came up with NaturallyTru. I am just starting back in bath & body and candles and can use it for that. It also is a little vague so I can really add whatever products I wish I think. I think each product line will have a separate name also. Like my maybe my B&B will be Sweet Sugar by NaturallyTru. ? Don't know yet...taking it slow.

My name started out as D Bar Farms Soaps & Sundries. Everyone kept asking me what are Sun Dries? I knew I wanted something simple that reflected my love for our bees and could be used to describe candles, honey, bath and body products and anything else we decided to come up with so SIMPLE BEELIGHTFUL seemed like the perfect solution.

• 2 weeks later...

The hubs and I were talking one day about business names. We didn't want anything that would limit us. We live in Simmons, on Simmons Creek and we wanted to be able to offer an eclectic bunch of stuff if we felt like it so, Simmons Creek Tradin Post was 'born'.

Lora