First attempts at Marble Pillars.

Janette

After looking through all the great posts here, I was inspired to try these. From left to right is my 1st, 2nd and 3rd attempts. This wasn't the best photo but the rest were too large for the forum. I'm not much of a photographer.

post-2820-139458398022_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm going to keep working on this style. I really want to add it to my line now. I was surprised how quick they are to make. It is also time for something new to keep me interested.

Do any of you know about burn times for this style. I have only tested one for a couple of 3 hour burns, but it seems to burn more quickly than a regular pillar. It must be the air that gets trapped in the wax. I have used the same wick size that I would for a regular pillar, the melt pool may be slightly larger but still not too large. The scent throw was strong.

Cheers

Janette

For the most part I did follow the instructions on this site. However, I don't use liquid dye so I varied a little. I dyed a small amount of wax very heavily in a small pan. For the first 2 I only added dye to the mould after first adding some of the semi-solid wax, then more wax, more dye etc. For the 3rd on I added a small amount of dye to my wax to start, stirred and stirred, and then followed the same as the first 2. I waited to see each one finished before making the next so I could see my results. I think this method helps keep the colours seperate. I have more practice to do, but will add these to my line soon.

Cheers

Janette