Somebody stop me! Soaps layin everywhere!

michelleB

I just can't quit, I tell ya! I've got test batches running out my ears and I keep buying up more FOs anyway! I knew this was addictive. I'd read enough posts in the years spent researching this to figure that out...but when does it STOP??? I've been cp'ing long enough now that you'd think at least the newness of it would've worn off, but NO!

Here's what all I've been doing these last few days while I was supposed to be studying for Marketing tests and Business Law quizzes (another one tomorrow, btw). Keep in mind that these are only the recent ones. There's MORE stored all over my curing rack. Sheesh!

[ATTACH]4813[/ATTACH]

And Bunny...you've got me hell bent on trying a batch of cucumber soaps now LOL. Already got me a couple of cucumbers (ok, get your mind outta the gutta!) and I'm just waiting on my oils to get here from the co-op. Then I'll be at it again. Anyways, thanks for lookin!

P.S. they're all goat milk soaps and I didn't use color on any of them so I could see what the FO did. Some of them are showing signs of a reaction, but it's a little too early to tell.

post-1817-139458393816_thumb.jpg

Very nice work!!! You have to get busy selling them. I really love the dark reddish colors.

I know what you mean about putting off school to do this. I started this stuff (soap,candles, and b&B) in my senior year of my degree. It was all I could do to focus and get through school.

Awwwww shucks :D Thanks ya'll!

Strongest scent so far seems to be the Green Irish Tweed (front and center). First time trying this and it's awesome! Barely discolored at all. Nice and clean, and sorta masculine but easily unisex. Lightest scent so far is the Mango Papaya (back right) but I'm hoping it'll regain it's strength after a good cure.

Jeana - the dark ones on the right are Raspberry Dream and they do have just a tad of a dark pinkish tint around the edges for some reason. Hoping it'll either go away or take over the whole bar LOL. I think those were the ones you were referring to. They just started doing that after they were cut, so they might change back to brown when dry.

Sure! It's actually a variety of FO's. Some I got off the classifieds here, and others straight from the company. Let's see if I can get these in the right order:

Back row, left to right:

WSP Pineapple, Pourette's Sweet Pea, (with OMH bars sitting on top), SoapBerryLane's Mango Papaya, SnowtopCandleSupplies' Raspberry Dream (the dark ones on far right).

Front row, left to right:

Bulk Oils' Pina colada, KB Green Irish Tweed, KB Lavender

With the goat milk, I frequently get a light tan if I don't chill the milk good. Some of the discoloration is probably due to that. But I was pleasantly surprised at the Lavender because it's one of the palest soaps I've gotten so far! I'll post pics again as they dry, to let everybody know what color they ended up with.

Guest EMercier

Those are so nice. I bought Soy Milk over the weekend to soap. They were on sale for $1 for like 32 oz. I bought 4, it was all they had. Must find another Pathmark.

I just can't quit, I tell ya! I've got test batches running out my ears and I keep buying up more FOs anyway! I knew this was addictive. I'd read enough posts in the years spent researching this to figure that out...but when does it STOP??? I've been cp'ing long enough now that you'd think at least the newness of it would've worn off, but NO!

Here's what all I've been doing these last few days while I was supposed to be studying for Marketing tests and Business Law quizzes (another one tomorrow, btw). Keep in mind that these are only the recent ones. There's MORE stored all over my curing rack. Sheesh!

[ATTACH]4813[/ATTACH]

And Bunny...you've got me hell bent on trying a batch of cucumber soaps now LOL. Already got me a couple of cucumbers (ok, get your mind outta the gutta!) and I'm just waiting on my oils to get here from the co-op. Then I'll be at it again. Anyways, thanks for lookin!

P.S. they're all goat milk soaps and I didn't use color on any of them so I could see what the FO did. Some of them are showing signs of a reaction, but it's a little too early to tell.

Taking a look:)

They look really good!!:)

They all look great.Good luck on your test

Thanks Anita! Got a 99 on my Marketing test! Woohoo! Don't know about the Business Law, but I think I did good there too (hoping!).

Marisa - I actually used my daughter's pencil box to pour these in, LOL. Worked perfectly as a slab mold though and holds an almost 2 pound batch. Then I cut 6 bars outta each batch, so they're a little on the hefty side but I like chunky soaps anyways. Then I can lay one bar on it's "back" and slice several testing slivers out of it to hand out to all the locals around here.

And as for the Soy milk...I'd LOVE to try soapin with that one day soon. I've heard it doesn't discolor, do you know if that's right? Sorta like working with Coconut milk (another absolute favorite). Thanks everybody for all of your sweet comments! I just love this board. Everybody's so encouraging!!

Really nice looking soaps!

Hate to tell ya the addiction tends to get much worse before it gets better :D You know, when the soap is overflowing into every room in the house and you've got 2 years worth of scents to test before you see the back of your closet? :laugh2:

Really nice looking soaps!

Hate to tell ya the addiction tends to get much worse before it gets better :D You know, when the soap is overflowing into every room in the house and you've got 2 years worth of scents to test before you see the back of your closet? :laugh2:

Have you been to my house?? :D