Why all the buzz about Palo Santo?

GailC

It's probably because Palo Santo is one of Le Labo's best selling candles.  Quite a few top celebrities use Le Labo Palo Santo 14 & Santal 26 candles.  Many people just buys what Rich and Famous people buys, and it turns into a trend. 

We would need to follow the trends.  But wouldn't it be better if we can become the trend setter instead of follower?

• Like 3

It was trending and now that ultra popular suppliers like CS have picked it up the market is literally going to be flooded with it even more so this year. The scent varies so much from woody/earthy to spicy cologne depending on where you get it. I’ve used it as a blender. It can be nice to mix with depending on what your going for.

• Like 1

I haven't tried it but I've read in different groups that Cierra has one that's spot on. I've never smelled it that I can remember unless I have a sample somewhere in the midst of the hundreds of samples I have. Hmmm, it might be worth checking out though.

• Like 1

Palo Santo (the actual wood) is used for smudging. The resin and oil have been used in medicinal purposes for hundreds of years. Some prefer it over Sage for smudging (me included) as Sage smudging can be overpowering and staaaanks! LOL

While BBW and others made it "candle famous"...it's definitely not a new thing in certain areas. Cierra's Palo Santo is identical to BBW's version. I didn't have much luck with it in my applications. TFC's version has added Patchouli. Candlewic's version is nice and it's my fav in a candle. None of them are true Palo Santo though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lizzy said:

Palo Santo (the actual wood) is used for smudging. The resin and oil have been used in medicinal purposes for hundreds of years. Some prefer it over Sage for smudging (me included) as Sage smudging can be overpowering and staaaanks! LOL

While BBW and others made it "candle famous"...it's definitely not a new thing in certain areas. Cierra's Palo Santo is identical to BBW's version. I didn't have much luck with it in my applications. TFC's version has added Patchouli. Candlewic's version is nice and it's my fav in a candle. None of them are true Palo Santo though. 

Does the one from CW smell like the Bath and Body Works version too? Was the one from Cierra too lite to work? Just thinking about ordering some and wanted to make sure I got the best LOL!

9 hours ago, Belinda said:

Does the one from CW smell like the Bath and Body Works version too? Was the one from Cierra too lite to work? Just thinking about ordering some and wanted to make sure I got the best LOL!

TBH...they all have the same notes basically. It's a masculine, woodsy, cologne type scent. I found Cierra's to be way too watered down. CW's is wonderful. OOB it doesn't smell super strong but it does well in my applications.

I also just got CS' in for comparison and OOB it smells just like CW's but stronger. I plan on getting it into wax this weekend to see how it performs :)

• Like 1