2 new soaps.

Jcandleattic

29 minutes ago, Laura C said:

I guess that other stuff is mica?

? other stuff? 

There are several different types of candies on the purple/teal/pink one, with glitter and yes, the soap itself is colored with mica, and the green/yellow/pink/orange one just has normal sprinkles, glitter and micas to color the soap batter. 

But thank you, they were very fun to make. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Thank you! When you're ready, let us know. IMO it was a much easier and faster craft to perfect than candlemaking was. 

Thank you!  I'll defiantly be here asking for your help. I want to learn from the best! 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 10:13 PM, Trappeur said:

My oh my!   Totally beautiful as usual!

What scents are they in?

Trappeur

The top one (orange and green mostly) is a mix of Lime EO, Bergamot EO, and Fruit Slices FO. 

The bottom one (teal purple and pink) is scented Mango Papaya. I'm hoping the scent comes back, because it morphed. It's still nice, and has a fruit scent to it, but it's not what it was. 

Also, the candies bled but not too bad, and I'll be able to cut it out after a cure. 

On 2/15/2019 at 5:44 PM, Laura C said:

LOL, guess I was vague. Yes, I was referring to the shiny stuff, didn't know if it was just mica or if you had used glitter as well. Thanks for clarifying.

Oh yeah, the shiny is glitter. I only use mica in the actual batter to color the soap, but I spritz glitter on the top to give it a glittery look. I put glitter on almost all of my soaps. 

• Like 1

Beautiful as always 

probably a dumb question but having never made soap myself does the glitter stick on you when you use it or does it wash off easily?

only asking because with some certain makeup’s I can’t get the glitter off for nothing and it ends up in my eyeballs every time 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, moonshine said:

Beautiful as always 

probably a dumb question but having never made soap myself does the glitter stick on you when you use it or does it wash off easily?

only asking because with some certain makeup’s I can’t get the glitter off for nothing and it ends up in my eyeballs every time 😂

That would be me too, glitter in the eyeballs.....lol

Trappeur....

• Haha 2

Those are great as always. 

@moonshine  No, the glitter doesn't stick when used in the shower.   It's a bear when using it dry but I've never come out of the shower looking like a glitter fairy....I use glitter on almost all my soaps.  My husband wishes I didn't as it has a tendency to get everywhere when making the soap.  He usually has a sparkle or two going... ha ha

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Shari said:

Those are great as always. 

@moonshine  No, the glitter doesn't stick when used in the shower.   It's a bear when using it dry but I've never come out of the shower looking like a glitter fairy....I use glitter on almost all my soaps.  My husband wishes I didn't as it has a tendency to get everywhere when making the soap.  He usually has a sparkle or two going... ha ha

"Glitter" the herpes of the craft world, it never goes away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/17/2019 at 10:10 AM, moonshine said:

Beautiful as always 

It comes off in the shower, and it's biodegradable, and not plastic based, so it practically dissolves on contact with the water, and supposedly isn't harmful. 

The good thing is I've never lost a sale due to having glitter on almost all of my soaps. Usually when my customers ask, they are disappointed when I tell them it wont' stick to them. LOL 

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2019 at 6:30 AM, Shari said:

It's a bear when using it dry ...

On 2/18/2019 at 6:30 AM, Shari said:

it has a tendency to get everywhere when making the soap

Really? That's not been my experience. I mean it does get on my counter that I'm soaping at, but not really anywhere else, just in that confined area. 

On 2/18/2019 at 6:52 AM, kfintoni said:

"Glitter" the herpes of the craft world, it never goes away.

LOL 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:15 PM, Jcandleattic said:

It comes off in the shower, and it's biodegradable, and not plastic based, so it practically dissolves on contact with the water, and supposedly isn't harmful. 

I was wondering about that. Ah yes, biodegradable glitter and not the plastic. I need to replace my glitter with the biodegradable kind. One more thing to add to my shopping list. 

Edited by Laura C