Fillmore's Red Apple

Trappeur

Wow, boy did I get an awesome throw within 10 minutes in 464 using Fillmores French Vanilla!

Very Impressive and almost immediately did I find how super this vanilla did especially with all these dang problems in throw on 464.

I made a 2 wick - 2 cd 5's in the new containers I bought from Candles & Supplies with the brass lids....love love love it and can't believe it.

The French Vanilla was very nice....was not a super rich deep vanilla but well enough to add to my line.   Now I'm going to maybe add some VV to test if I can make a little more richer....if not, this will be my new go to vanilla.

Just thought I would tell all!   I'm a very happy camper!

Here are a few pictures of my new jar which is stunning!

I already have a restaurant in town who is going to carry these jars and ordered them.

CIMG1961.thumb.JPG.4e1aac0123f9f4b1031bc7ba2b29b7a4.JPG

CIMG2035.thumb.JPG.b358bef51f1278504fd534d70101e756.JPG

CIMG2040.thumb.JPG.c0cc6b1516a25e7d516d68d4e587bb54.JPG

CIMG2044.thumb.JPG.f88f58d2bd9176b76414cc3ceef47c1b.JPG

CIMG2084.thumb.JPG.a485b1a5f473bd3fea4f61da91092e9d.JPG

Trappeur

• Like 8

Beautiful jar with new lid!  Glad to see you are feeling well enough to post today  :) 

I also like your Craftserver necklace/charm/bracelet, whatever that is in the first picture!

Edited by Terry
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Terry said:

Beautiful jar with new lid!  Glad to see you are feeling well enough to post today  :) 

I also like your Craftserver necklace/charm/bracelet, whatever that is in the first picture!

I did not even notice the CS ornament until you mentioned it.  Was too busy looking at the pretty candle. 

That ornament was part of the fall swap ❤️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

I did not even notice the CS ornament until you mentioned it.  Was too busy looking at the pretty candle. 

That ornament was part of the fall swap ❤️

How cool, a Craftserver ornament!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Candybee said:

Beautiful! I love your candles. What size jar are you using? 

I love french vanilla more than any other vanilla. I've been using AH/RE's FV though and stopped looking for vanilla when I found it. I can use it both in candles and soap.

It seems to be getting rarer and rarer that I can land a fragrance that throws like the dickens like I did with Fillmores.   Very impressed.

Thankyou Terry.  Actually Tall Tayle made the Craftserver ornament for everthing in the swap.   It sure is a beauty!    How talented that girl is!

Yes, today was a good day for me that I made it through almost like being normal.   it's a horrible terrible fight to just get up in the morning, but as soon as I take an oxy my day slips by pretty good and this week I can actually eat.

Thankyou for the compliment Yellow Butterfly.   I see your in Atlanta.    I'm up in Blue Ridge....Howdy neighbor!

Hi Belinda...Tomorrow is my second round of chemo and I'm dreading it lasting for 3 days and having to take home the pump but it is what it is...right?

The jars hold a pound of wax and I double wicked them as you can see.   I sure am loving them.    Bout time something new came out somewhere...even if it was basically a smart looking classy lid.

Trappeur

• Like 3

Hi Gary......

Well I haven't really changed from all these years CC's vanilla voodoo....because it was always such a gorgeous scent and I never in all these years have looked or thought about trying out another vanilla but one day I was ordering from Fillmore their Christmas Tree (Balsam Fir) and just got a wild hair to try out their French Vanilla to maybe use as a mixer so I just got a 1oz sample and made up a sample and to much my amazement that darn candle as soon as I lit it (no kidding) in about I think no less, that candle was throwing immediately.   It's almost burned down to the end and I just lit it and it's throwing and I can smell it.   Now I will admit it's not as rich as VVoodoo so I'm going to try mixing with Fillmores French Vanilla and see if I can get some of that sinfully rich vanilla going.   And too with all the crap going on with these waxes not throwing I am now having problems with Vanilla Voodoo (sigh..............).   So yes, for now, I'm switching over, but I will update once I do the blend.

Now my health...I'll go and put up another update on me.   It's a really rough rough road, it isn't pretty, and it's pretty depressing and the pain if I don't stay up with my happy pill (pain pill - oxy codone) it's painful and my day can be rough, but I have been learning about pain management as much as I detest taking any kind of pain pill but it is what it is.  My second round of chemo was changed to next week which goes on for 3 days and then I'm off for 2 weeks and then do my next round.   It's a fight fight situation that is for sure.   But my overall health (stamina) is terrific as I have always been an outdoor person with my horses and riding and lifting  50 pound bags of grain to now just barely able to climb a set of stairs but that is attributing to eating as much as I want and having to do it and I'm almost back to normal on that part....I guess I can say that I can be a hell of a handful at times and am so stubborn a person....thankyou for asking and I'll tell more on my next update which I'll do today.

Oh yeah, that picture....not being conceited or anything, I like my picture too!   I have since cut my hair to shorter now.  But thankyou for the compliment!

Trappeur

12 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Trappeur I just checked out the jars at C&S and realized they are the 17oz ones. Very beautiful. You made lovely candles with them.

Thankyou Candybee...I'm ordering some more jars different ones today.    Valentines day will be here in 2 1/2 weeks and I need to get some specialty candles made for my apple orchard account and these are going there plus I'm ordering the 2 8oz crystal style jars they have there.   Only 1.49 each!   So they should be nice for Valentines day.   I just called C&S and was checking stock and I spoke to a very nice gal on the phone and asked her what suggested sizes she suggests on different style jars and there were about 4 styles that they carry that I carry and every jar she mentioned that I presently use, she was right on the money of what she suggests and my go to sizes for those jars that I make all the time is exactly what she said...very impressive.!    She was so sweet.

Trappeur