Tough sell fragrance... have u ever

LOL....no, I've never had that happen, but I'm not surprised. 
We have a wall and a half of hanging t-shirts.  What sells best changes if I rearrange them.  I'm sure there's science behind it, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

What was that scent and what name and color did you change it to? (if you don't mind sharing)

58 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

What was that scent and what name and color did you change it to? (if you don't mind sharing

Spring fling i had it a pale blue. I renamed it summer pleasure and light pink. 

Spring meadow i had it pale pink and i renamed it to grandpas garden and green 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

LOL....no, I've never had that happen, but I'm not surprised. 
We have a wall and a half of hanging t-shirts.  What sells best changes if I rearrange them.  I'm sure there's science behind it, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

What was that scent and what name and color did you change it to? (if you don't mind sharing)

I think alot of times what sells best happens to be what they come across first.  If they happen to walk along a wall looking at it they are more likely to buy something they first come across than to buy what they find at the end of it all.  I am one of the oddities I like looking at it all and find that i tend to buy something more times than not towards the end of items for some reason lol.  sorry if that does not make the most sense battling a cold here so my mind is kinda blah atm.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Spring fling i had it a pale blue. I renamed it summer pleasure and light pink. 

Spring meadow i had it pale pink and i renamed it to grandpas garden and green 

Great choices! 
I don't dye my wax, but I should consider renaming.  My best seller in room spray is my worst seller in candles and melts.  

• Like 1

TOMATO leaf ....love its unique fresh garden scent and strong throw ...but apparently no one else loves it as much.....I think I will try it again with a new name and no dye. maybe call it summer garden....hmmmm

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

I don't dye my wax, but I should consider renaming.  My best seller in room spray is my worst seller in candles and melts. 

Do you mind me asking which fragrance? Its just funny to me. 

I went to meet one of my best customers yesterday and she couldnt stop talking about the summer pleasure but couldng stand spring fling 😂😂

• Haha 2

There is definitely a psychology to it!  One of our current best sellers was a total DUD until we changed it's name--then Boom!  Sold like crazy.  

We also put out best sellers on the ends, so when people pick up the first one to smell they have a better chance of liking it.  If they like the first one they smell, they are more likely to smell others.  People often are "shy" to approach (no one wants the hard sell, and some vendors can be obnoxious), but we've discovered that the more they interact w/ the product the greater chance they'll buy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Do you mind me asking which fragrance? Its just funny to me. 

I went to meet one of my best customers yesterday and she couldnt stop talking about the summer pleasure but couldng stand spring fling 😂😂

Clean Breeze.

Nothing exciting, but it sells like hot cakes in a spray, but I can't give it away in candles or melts.

2 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Clean Breeze.

Nothing exciting, but it sells like hot cakes in a spray, but I can't give it away in candles or me

Lol.some things we will never figure out.

I do know that i have alot that simply cant stand vanilla,knowing that i never use vanilla in my names.

Lonestar has a fragrance called tree lighting, which I love. When I was looking for new scents to try I saw the exact same fragrance description for another scent in a different category. So, I emailed them thinking they had the wrong description and wanted to know what that one smells like. They said it's the exact same fragrance, they just renamed it because tree lighting doesn't sell well, but that one does. At least they use the same description word for word so as a customer you don't buy it under two different names!

13 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

I changed Butt Naked to Summer Picnic ,sells more often now . I find name changes definitely increase sales for me . I love to give scents a unique special name tag .

Lol I have actually purchased oils b/c I like the name 😉

Odd about the Butt Naked, when I made it in incense, they all bought it. LOL! I don't like the name, either, but many bought it just because of the name. Odd, huh? Same thing happened with "Lick Me All Over". Go figure.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Same thing happened with "Lick Me All Over". Go figure

I remember i did a fundraiser for a local church. I was setting everything up and a lady came by just sniifing away. She picked one up and smelled it then read the name and said "OOOHHH HONEY that name!" she got all of them that i had.  It was the pastors wife and it was lick me all over lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I've had to explain that "Lick Me All Over" is because it smells like a lollipop. I hate stupid names on fragrances! Monkey Farts? That's another one I don't like. Creative is one thing, but..stupid is just well....STUPID! :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

@Sebleo imagine if someone wasnt as observant and bought both. 

@katmeltswax I totally check the names when im surfing for a new fo to try. Natures garden sure has alot that caught my eye... lol

Yes I have purchased oils for name as well .Lol have got some good ones by doing so .Also some duds lol.

2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I remember i did a fundraiser for a local church. I was setting everything up and a lady came by just sniifing away. She picked one up and smelled it then read the name and said "OOOHHH HONEY that name!" she got all of them that i had.  It was the pastors wife and it was lick me all over lol

Lol I named Lick me all over

Bomb Diggity. This is slang for awesome ,great ,good . It actually sells very well with this name . I have also called it Candy Kiss ,works for me . It is such a great scent . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hopie said:

Odd about the Butt Naked, when I made it in incense, they all bought it. LOL! I don't like the name, either, but many bought it just because of the name. Odd, huh? Same thing happened with "Lick Me All Over". Go figure.

Lol I have gotten some rude comments when I tried the original names of some of these scents ,this is the reason I changed  them.

Some people do not have a sense of humor kwim.

It is strange how some will buy the scent for the name & others get offended really lol...I definitely had to change the lush scent sex bomb to Sexy Bomb lol.

1 hour ago, Hopie said:

I've had to explain that "Lick Me All Over" is because it smells like a lollipop. I hate stupid names on fragrances! Monkey Farts? That's another one I don't like. Creative is one thing, but..stupid is just well....STUPID! :lol:

I bought monkey farts just because of the name saw the name laughed and added it to the cart.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Some people do not have a sense of humor

You can say that again! Lol. 

I was searching and i see someone used a cannabis fo. Named it Cannabis get a hit😂😂😂😂😂😂 funny to me but i totally can see some head rolls. 

• Like 1