Any good recommendations from Bulk Apoth?

Trappeur

I keep getting emails from the Bulk offering great coupons if I order from them or come back to them or them reminding me I have things in my shopping cart.  I just got one coupon giving me 20.00 off if I order 59.00 worth of goods.  Geesh, they always have great offerings but I have ordered from them twice and received 4 oils of which they never threw so I really don't have much good to say about them from my experience.  If anyone has had good luck with the Bulk and you use 464 I would love to hear what your suggestions are.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Hey Soshiegirl!

Ok their Dutch apple pie right off the top of my head had no throw after a couple weeks cure.   Now I absolutely love the scent oob.....so it was sad no throw.

Lemon creme which was an all natural fragrance no throw either.

Can't remember the other.  Will try and look up.

The ones you love what wax are you putting into?   Because I do 464.

Trappeur

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Are all of BA's FOs Lebermuth FOs?

Personally I do not believe so. I have a couple of Liebermuth FO’s and also BA of the same name. They behaved completely different in soap and candles. Colors vividly different, smells noticeably different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep in mind to that Liebermuth is a fragrance house that makes multiple fragrances of different concentrations and what not for different customers.

to modify my above statement, they may use lebermuth as a compounder, but that does not mean that BA’s fragrance of the same name is the exact same as what Liebermuth currently offers in their catalog online

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

Personally I do not believe so. I have a couple of Liebermuth FO’s and also BA of the same name. They behaved completely different in soap and candles. Colors vividly different, smells noticeably different.

Would you say that the quality is the same? I love the quality of the Lebermuth FOs I have gotten from the Chemistry Store, but they are a soap supply store and unconcerned with hot thro.

7 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Would you say that the quality is the same? I love the quality of the Lebermuth FOs I have gotten from the Chemistry Store, but they are a soap supply store and unconcerned with hot thro.

It is impossible to say.

it is like asking if all Agilex fo is the same, or symrise, or Wellington.  It depends on which formula was purchased. 

each compounder has numerous “recipes” for the same fragrance name. Each customer “owns” “their” recipe, which is recorded as a “code”. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Hey Soshiegirl!

Ok their Dutch apple pie right off the top of my head had no throw after a couple weeks cure.   Now I absolutely love the scent oob.....so it was sad no throw.

Trappeur

Trapp - I use a parasoy mix and have had no issue with throw with these scents.  I liked their dutch apple pie oob as well but the throw wasn't as strong as I wanted it to be.  Just know that the lavender chamomile smells more like an essential oil blend and it's divine!  Super expensive though.

23 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I had never heard of Lebermuth, until I saw it mentioned in this thread. If BA sells Lebermuth FO, wouldn't it be less expensive to buy direct from Lebermuth? Or did I misunderstand?

36 minutes ago, candlesinflorida said:

I had never heard of Lebermuth, until I saw it mentioned in this thread. If BA sells Lebermuth FO, wouldn't it be less expensive to buy direct from Lebermuth? Or did I misunderstand?

Not necessarily. They are a compounding lab and a retail seller. Last I knew they had pretty high minimums for ordering. Plus,The smallest unit is by the pound so sampling is challenging. 

21 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Not necessarily. They are a compounding lab and a retail seller. Last I knew they had pretty high minimums for ordering. Plus,The smallest unit is by the pound so sampling is challenging. 

It looked like they had a 10-sample order?

I also see that they are having a sale -but I agree, one pound is a (small) commitment.

• 2 months later...

I'm checking out Bulk Apothecary now too, as they have the rock bottom lowest price on cinnamon sticks I've found, and I'm planning to use a bunch to glue around tins and give away.  I kind of wonder if the FOs will do better as wickless, in part because you can use a slightly stronger concentration.  But that's no help if they're expensive to begin with (might as well buy from my other favorite suppliers), and I'm interested not just in FOs but anything else you guys have tried.  Are there more comments you all can make since the above?

The lotion base sounds good but there's some shadiness going on there.  When you read the reviews for the heel and foot cream, they're saying it's really the same as the basic lotion base.  Hmmmmmm...

https://www.bulkapothecary.com/massage-lotion/

I tried BA and they smell good but none of them throw. I love the glass bottles too,  very nice presentation. I tried it and 464 and there was no throw at all. I had tried several different pineapple and coconut scents. As well as pumpkin spice and pies. I tried lemons and perfumes.

• 3 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 6:58 PM, kandlekrazy said:

They are not all Liebermuth at BA, but the ones that are I haven't had a fail with in soy and were great when I was doing B&B

I’ve been reading about Liebermuth — how can you tell which BA fragrances are Liebermuth?  Am I missing something when i’m looking online? 🤷‍♀️

On 8/3/2018 at 12:31 PM, Trappeur said:

Hey Soshiegirl!

Trappeur

Hey Trappeur — I’m was checking out the forum for Wellington and Bulk Apoth. (Which both seem kinda high $$ to me which leads me away)...but...I use 464 and BA Kelp is THE BEST actual ocean/sea smell I’ve found. Most others smell like laundry detergent to me. I have to use 2oz/pound...but at some point it’s worth staying with it instead of ordering duds and wasting wax and time...same with one of their tobacco scents....can’t remember which one and I’m not at home to look it up...but that’s my 2 cents/scents LOL