Aaaaaaaaannnnnnddddd...she put it to bed, folks.

daniedb

Put the batch to bed as we speak - who the heck knows how it's going to turn out, but it went just as described on Robin's tutorial. The pictures were invaluable. I did use the Rosemary Hydrosol, but I also caved and used a blend of Rosemary and Spearmint EOs - I don't know why I choked, but I did. Maybe the next batch I'll go with the straight hydrosol, and no fragrance.

I can't wait to try it again! This is so much less complicated that I thought it was (of course, I didn't color or anything, so take that for what it's worth).

I can't wait to take pictures in the morning of my slab of soap (I really, really, really hope that's what I find upon waking)!

I did do CP - it was all, "Ack! I'm going to blind myself with lye!" and "Oh crap, is that trace? Is that trace? What about that? Am I waiting too long to pour it?" I can see how after the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd time, you start to get used to the process. It's very straightforward...and I can see it being less intimidating the more you do it.

I did do CP - it was all, "Ack! I'm going to blind myself with lye!" and "Oh crap, is that trace? Is that trace? What about that? Am I waiting too long to pour it?" I can see how after the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd time, you start to get used to the process. It's very straightforward...and I can see it being less intimidating the more you do it.

LOL! That's exactly how I felt after I did mine the other day. But I feel the same as you, that it will get less intimidating the more we do it. I can't wait to get all of my new butters and oils, to play some more.

Ahhhhh, are we ALL venturing into the scary world of CP? I swore I would never even be remotely interested in such a process, but after trying yet another bar of real homemade soap (thanks Sharon!!) I realized I was in love..I have showered more since getting that soap than I have in years! Yes, I was the stinky girl- but NO MORE! I tried my very first batch tonight and was scared sh**less! I splashed a little on my arm while I was waiting for it to trace and could hear the sizzle of the burn (all in my head, of course!) I'm just hoping I wake up tomorrow and it's soap, and not some deranged creature that spawned from my wannabe soap sludge. I need some sleep!

I did do CP - it was all, "Ack! I'm going to blind myself with lye!" and "Oh crap, is that trace? Is that trace? What about that? Am I waiting too long to pour it?"

LOL I still remember that first batch, all those same questions :) I bet you've peeked at it, right?

Good idea to not color the first batch - that way you could concentrate on the feel of the process....

So, how's it look?

HELLO!!!!! Anybody home?

Where's your soap? Did it turn out, does it look like e's soap she posted? Come on, we are waiting here...LOL

Inquiring minds want to know? We have the dancing baby waiting..........

Come on already,

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait, just like everybody else.

Okay, so a little update: I went to take pictures, and my camera batteries gave their death rattle. :mad: So, no pictures tonight.

I went ahead and cut it, and let me just tell you, I'm SO PLEASED at how it turned out! I think I lied when I said it didn't go through gel, because it's gorgeous! I used a scrap to test it on my hands and HOLY LATHER! I'm so freakin' excited to use it in like one million weeks when it's finally cured.

I'll be getting batteries and being a total attention floozie in the next day or two - I'm verrrrry excited to use this stuff when it cures!