Merlin's Forest

Scented

Finally got this made, but can never stick with a solid design that I like. Was going for branches in green and got too much sun on the top perhaps.  Ignore the background though. These still need to go through a background erase. 

DSC01368.thumb.JPG.6a95701f2cf5ca5c3be2226e86cd0762.JPG

Edited by Scented
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Scented said:

Finally got this made, but can never stick with a solid design that I like. Was going for branches in green and got too much sun on the top perhaps.  Ignore the background though. These still need to go through a background erase. 

DSC01368.thumb.JPG.6a95701f2cf5ca5c3be2226e86cd0762.JPG

Scented, there is no ''background'' that needs to be erased.........they are beautiful as they are.  I joined the forum way back in 2005 and have always admired your work.......I have many of your creations saved in a folder titled ''candles to make''.

Well that's just paper towels blocking the candles in what we hoped was the best lighting in my place on a gray and dreary day. I want to replace it with something else.

Boy what I'd probably like to have out of your folders as we lost a few things, but you know, I really need to write down instructions to remember what I do any more. It's terrible if I walk away from a pot or don't finish off a bottle in the same day. I've got a handful of Ivory Woods to prove that, but at least for now I know what color I prefer to start with. 

Edited by Scented

8 hours ago, Candybee said:

I think they look great. Love the colors and love Merlin's Forest. May I ask where you got it? I know FB carries it but I haven't tried theirs yet. Or is it a stash you have been hoarding?

Last of the original bottle. Found a bottle we had tucked away and made it. So it will be up to getting the ones at Flaming or FB (I think it is) that have them. Yes, I'm guilty at hoarding and this year I no longer get to do so. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Faerywren said:

I like the one from Fragrance Buddy. I'm also hoarding a bit from my old Moonworks stash.

That's good to hear. I was impressed with their dupe of Gypsy Rose so was hoping their dupe of Merlin's Forest was just as good and spot on!

20 hours ago, Faerywren said:

I like the one from Fragrance Buddy. I'm also hoarding a bit from my old Moonworks stash.

5 hours ago, Candybee said:

That's good to hear. I was impressed with their dupe of Gypsy Rose so was hoping their dupe of Merlin's Forest was just as good and spot on!

Both of these are good to hear.  We go with Briar Rose from CW as I think we had heard it was a dupe, but I'm not convinced it is. However that rose is nice, particularly as a mixer in something I think we concocted last year with some other florals that we call Always & Forever. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Scented said:

Both of these are good to hear.  We go with Briar Rose from CW as I think we had heard it was a dupe, but I'm not convinced it is. However that rose is nice, particularly as a mixer in something I think we concocted last year with some other florals that we call Always & Forever. 

Scented FB's Gypsy Rose is spot on to the MW original. It smells just like it to me. However, this version accelerates in CP unlike the MW one. To me that is okay as my customers only buy the rose soaps made with the Gypsy Rose. I just figured out how to work with it and soap cool.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:52 AM, Candybee said:

Scented FB's Gypsy Rose is spot on to the MW original. It smells just like it to me. However, this version accelerates in CP unlike the MW one. To me that is okay as my customers only buy the rose soaps made with the Gypsy Rose. I just figured out how to work with it and soap cool.

CW's version, I think, isn't a soaper if I remember correctly, but it goes well in candles. 

On 3/17/2018 at 8:13 PM, Scented said:

Elements sensuous black rose smells exactly like MW to me - I could not tell the difference between the 2 but FB is also spot on - they did a good job duping for the most part 

@Candybee If you order from elements  maybe try a sample and see if it soaps easier  

5 hours ago, moonshine said:

Elements sensuous black rose smells exactly like MW to me - I could not tell the difference between the 2 but FB is also spot on - they did a good job duping for the most part 

@Candybee If you order from elements  maybe try a sample and see if it soaps easier  

Doesn't AH carry sensuous black rose? Anyway when I soaped it it just did not smell the same to me or my customers. I could barely give the soap away. So I kept looking for another dupe and found the one from FB which made all the difference.

I keep meaning to try FB's Merlin's Forest but so far haven't bought it yet. I have so many FOs and the cost is something I have to be careful about. So often it means I can't even buy a sample. But when I can I will!