What is it with sugar cookie?

Candybee

I have yet to find one I like. They all smell icky to me. Plus I have yet to sell any. I can sell other cookie scents like lemon or chocolate chip or oatmeal raison or even plain vanilla scents. But people won't even pick up the candles labeled sugar cookie. Is this now an unpopular scent? Anyone else have this problem? I don't think I can give these candles away.

• Like 1

OMG, you are not alone.  Can't sell it to save my life.  I am having marginally better luck selling Snickerdoodle (CS) ........which smells more like a sugar cookie to my nose anyway.  All my people want apple.  I am so tired of apple this and apple that.

• Like 1

Same  here ,sugar cookie seems to be boring or something ,cannot seem to move the scent .Vanilla bean Noel is a good one that sells well for me ,to my nose it is a sugar cookie type aroma .I think it helps to change the name when a scent is in idle ,works for me most of the time .Same scent with different name .

I've thought about that quite often myself.  

Lets see, there is Vanilla, Marshmallow, Sugar Cookie, Shortbread Vanilla Ice Cream, and Vanilla Bean Noel.  

Now really well for me, they are all so darned close to one another, I don't even know why I have been attempting to perfect the perfect marshmallow and even Sugar Cookie.  I'm not wasting time anymore with this.  Geesh there have a few times that I was making for a couple shops and I ran out of Vanilla Voodoo or Vanilla in fragrance oil and I had Vanilla Ice Cream so I made the Vanilla Ice Cream and labeled it Vanilla.  No one even noticed the difference, horrible to say.  I didn't lie, I just left off the ice cream part as the only labels I had were vanilla.

They sold.....

Trappeur

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

I've thought about that quite often myself.  

Lets see, there is Vanilla, Marshmallow, Sugar Cookie, Shortbread Vanilla Ice Cream, and Vanilla Bean Noel.  

Now really well for me, they are all so darned close to one another, I don't even know why I have been attempting to perfect the perfect marshmallow and even Sugar Cookie.  I'm not wasting time anymore with this.  Geesh there have a few times that I was making for a couple shops and I ran out of Vanilla Voodoo or Vanilla in fragrance oil and I had Vanilla Ice Cream so I made the Vanilla Ice Cream and labeled it Vanilla.  No one even noticed the difference, horrible to say.  I didn't lie, I just left off the ice cream part as the only labels I had were vanilla.

They sold.....

Trappeur

I saw this YouTube video with a gal that makes mostly soaps & it seems as if her channel is quite 

popular . She once said her favorite vanilla is vanilla satin 

from the Lonestar  so next time I place an order I think I'll try some . She's from Royalty Soaps 

Edited by Moonstar

Well after this latest attempt at trying to sell sugar cookie, I am going to stick with my vanillas. BTW, the sugar cookie I am currently using is the MW dupe by FB. It got good reviews but honestly it smells plasticky to me, fake. I just don't like it OOB and even less in wax. To me one of my vanillas, any of my vanillas smell so much better than this.

Trappeur, since you like my blends I will give you my latest vanilla blend. Its AH French Vanilla with CS Clean Cotton. I mix 2 parts vanilla to 1 part clean cotton. The clean cotton is strong so use more vanilla. Anyway, it smells clean, fresh, sweet, and delightful! I just call it Vanilla Cotton.

My other favorite vanilla blend is 3 parts AH French Vanilla to one part C&S Cappuccina. I use this blend for Christmas and just give it a holiday name.

Edited by Candybee

32 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Well after this latest attempt at trying to sell sugar cookie, I am going to stick with my vanillas. BTW, the sugar cookie I am currently using is the MW dupe by FB. It got good reviews but honestly it smells plasticky to me, fake. I just don't like it OOB and even less in wax. To me one of my vanillas, any of my vanillas smell so much better than this.

Trappeur, since you like my blends I will give you my latest vanilla blend. Its AH French Vanilla with CS Clean Cotton. I mix 2 parts vanilla to 1 part clean cotton. The clean cotton is strong so use more vanilla. Anyway, it smells clean, fresh, sweet, and delightful! I just call it Vanilla Cotton.

My other favorite vanilla blend is 3 parts AH French Vanilla to one part C&S Cappuccina. I use this blend for Christmas and just give it a holiday name.

It smells like plastic to you....wow in soy it's so rich buttery sugar vanilla 

in palm both my vanillas I tried smell cheap so I wonder if the wax makes the difference ....may have to get me some french vanilla for the palm candles 😂

The parasoy melts I have been making although they are strong lack a depth of richness the soy had ....ugghhh I miss my soy 😔 

There are people that love those type scents.  I for one won't even pick up sugar cookie to smell it so I understand when customers won't.

Now, Hansel & Gretel's House sells well for me (I don't like it either really)

Edited by kandlekrazy

27 minutes ago, moonshine said:

It smells like plastic to you....wow in soy it's so rich buttery sugar vanilla 

in palm both my vanillas I tried smell cheap so I wonder if the wax makes the difference ....may have to get me some french vanilla for the palm candles 😂

The parasoy melts I have been making although they are strong lack a depth of richness the soy had ....ugghhh I miss my soy 😔 

Definitely the wax can make a difference. I'm sure it plays a big part in that. Vanilla seems to work great in my palm, I just can't get a sugar cookie to work.

I've always loved a good sugar cookie scent - CS used to sell one that I couldn't keep in stock. It used to be one of my top holiday sellers from them - right behind Mistletoe. I just tested the Sugar Cookie Royale from Flaming Candle and it's got that same warm, welcoming sweetness to it. It doesn't smell plastic in wax. I'm wondering what would be fun to blend with it.

(Speaking of CS -  their Bayberry is on Clearance and will be discontinued when they run out of stock - in case anyone has it in their holiday line up.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 11:07 AM, Candybee said:

Somehow I missed this post from you Candybee.....Wow!  sounds awesome those blends...ok, got you saved in a folder...I'm adding this.  Geesh, I think I'll make up some candles right this very minute since I seem to be making candles 24/7....And I have all those fragrances too!  Great!    Thankyou Candybee!

Oh, by the way Candybee, the blend of yours I have been making lots and lots of candles in it and they are a hit!  I'm using Fillmores Balsam, the candy cane, the peppermint and vanilla.  I had to do some different ratio's as the peppermint and candy cane just took over the whole candle over the balsam.  I even used NW Xmas as one of the pines and same thing....So now I do 70% Balsam, 10% Peppermint and Candycane (together) and 20% vanilla.  You smell the peppermint and candycane still and it is very pronounced but it is a great blend...But I'm very happy!  Thankyou again!

Trappeur

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You're welcome! You do have to find that right % of pine/fir to peppermint. Peppermint and candy cane can be strong. But I use CS Mistletoe which is so strong I can cut it with more mint. If I were using Fillmore's Christmas Tree I would definitely be using less like you. Glad you found the right combo. Its a nice refreshing scent isn't it? Like taking a late night walk in the snow to see the christmas tree lots.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2017 at 1:26 PM, Traveler said:

I've always loved a good sugar cookie scent - CS used to sell one that I couldn't keep in stock. It used to be one of my top holiday sellers from them - right behind Mistletoe. I just tested the Sugar Cookie Royale from Flaming Candle and it's got that same warm, welcoming sweetness to it. It doesn't smell plastic in wax. I'm wondering what would be fun to blend with it.

(Speaking of CS -  their Bayberry is on Clearance and will be discontinued when they run out of stock - in case anyone has it in their holiday line up.)

I had the Sugar Cookie Royale from FB. I just thought it was ok. I got a plastic -y smell. I like the one from Peak, have you tried that one. One of these days I'll try Flamings.