Is it time yet to co-op any of my dupes?

TallTayl

On October 24, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Trappeur said:

Can you describe this scent?   Does it do well in 464.

Also could you describe pink sugar and if that does well in 464?

Thanks.                    Trappeur

Trapp, I don't know about TT's Pink Sugar, but the dupe that I have is insanely strong in my paraffin blend. I know that doesn't automatically mean it will do well in your 464, but it's like "crack a window" strong for me. It's very sweet and sugary, as you'd expect, but the florals and the musk at the bottom are enough to make it more than a food-type fragrance. I have several foodies that love it, and several customers that love it because it's sweet but it doesn't make them think of cookies, lol. It is also a fantastic blender.

@TallTayl, thank you for the links! I really want that Inlet Lakegrass now! 😅

I would definitely be in for a lb of that, the Amber, the pink sugar, and the Egyptian Dragon!

I will tally these shortly to see how close we are to the mins.

i can send out sniffies. 

Can also make some by the oz/2oz/3oz, etc for those who want to try before buying. I have enough left from my current stash for that. Give me a shout if there's interest in that and I will cost them out and list for purchase. They will ship first class up to 1 lb total package weight, then usps priority for over 1 lb

The only one that I have to change wicks for is Sweet Amber. In my C3:415 blend (50:50) in an 8 oz tin, 6% I had to wick with ECO10. Not sure which of the fragrance components makes this one more challenging.  I deal with it only because it is such a luscious scent - especially in melts, shampoo, conditioner, perfume, lotion (ZOMG is it super with perfume and lotion).

Normally I can can use a cd16 or RRD47 in those tins with normal reseller fragrances, and a cd12 in my dupes. For whatever reason all but that one of my dupes let me wick down one size without compromising throw in my candles.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, juliejak said:

I would be so happy to buy 2 lbs of the sweet amber, 1 tonic, 1 pink sugar,  1 provence, and either a Dragon Blood or Egyptian I will have to go back and sniff.  Thank you so much!

Put me down 2 lbs of Sweet Amber, 2 Tonic, 1 Pink Sugar, 1 Provence and 1 Dragon Blood - thank you!!

On 22/10/2017 at 3:49 PM, TallTayl said:

I have had a few requests for more of my fragrance dupes. Is anyone in need of:

dragons blood

sweet amber

tonic

provence

inlet lakegrass

black vetyver cafe

pink sugar

egyptian dragon

if enough interest I'll start a co-op thread. 

The lab will make as few as 10 lbs, but that comes with a $4 per lb penalty. At 20 lbs that $4 penalty  is waived.

I'll stock up on up to 5 lbs each of Amber, Egyptian dragon, black Vetyver cafe to get the ball rolling. 

depending on price I'd be up for half lb to lb of each of these. 

On 10/29/2017 at 4:57 PM, Sarah S said:

Trapp, I don't know about TT's Pink Sugar, but the dupe that I have is insanely strong in my paraffin blend. I know that doesn't automatically mean it will do well in your 464, but it's like "crack a window" strong for me. It's very sweet and sugary, as you'd expect, but the florals and the musk at the bottom are enough to make it more than a food-type fragrance. I have several foodies that love it, and several customers that love it because it's sweet but it doesn't make them think of cookies, lol. It is also a fantastic blender.

@TallTayl, thank you for the links! I really want that Inlet Lakegrass now! 😅

I would definitely be in for a lb of that, the Amber, the pink sugar, and the Egyptian Dragon!

Hi Sarah!

You know I have never made a pink sugar but I'm thinking a couple shops I have might be interested.  May I ask where you get yours from?  I think I would like to try TTayl's and your dupe since it sounds so good.

Trappeur

@Jcandleattic yes all are skin safe. I will translate the IFRA s when I get home from picking up daughter from school. It will be easier than scanning and posting.

@Trappeur tonic is nothing like tonic water. Think high end spa type scent without being a perfume or cologne. Super, wicked strong. A towel I used to clean a spill was washed twice and left on the line for weeks. The neighbors 250+ feet away could smell it. They wondered when their uncle had started wearing a new scent. 😳

13 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

@Jcandleattic yes all are skin safe. I will translate the IFRA s when I get home from picking up daughter from school. It will be easier than scanning and posting.

@Trappeur tonic is nothing like tonic water. Think high end spa type scent without being a perfume or cologne. Super, wicked strong. A towel I used to clean a spill was washed twice and left on the line for weeks. The neighbors 250+ feet away could smell it. They wondered when their uncle had started wearing a new scent. 😳

lol, lol

Trappeur

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Hi Sarah!

You know I have never made a pink sugar but I'm thinking a couple shops I have might be interested.  May I ask where you get yours from?  I think I would like to try TTayl's and your dupe since it sounds so good.

Trappeur

I got mine from Mad Oils when they were still selling oils. Arizona Oils carries their FOs now I believe. It's a great fragrance, I'm looking forward to TTs dupe, I'm sure it's excellent!

Hands down theee best pink sugar ever!!

I always used just Scent before TT's  because it was the closest to the perfume but TT's is so much more deep and rich 

I love it and pink sugar is one I always run out of first for candles, my biggest fan is a landscaper that says it makes his place smell fantastic for the ladies 😂

Trapp you have to try it - I bet ALL your accounts would want this on their shelf 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moonshine said:

They are all amazing and all throw so good in soy!

amber is heaven in a bottle but needs wicking up 

Good to know. I love most of the Amber scents I've gotten at other various places, so it'll be nice to compare. 

I will most likely use these in soap before making candles out of them, but it's good to know they throw in soy, because that means they will probably blow my doors off in paraffin. :)

Just now, Jcandleattic said:

Good to know. I love most of the Amber scents I've gotten at other various places, so it'll be nice to compare. 

I will most likely use these in soap before making candles out of them, but it's good to know they throw in soy, because that means they will probably blow my doors off in paraffin. :)

It probably will!

are you in the swap?

amber is one of the ones I'm using in a parasoy that brings tears to your eyes 😂

28 minutes ago, moonshine said:

It probably will!

are you in the swap?

amber is one of the ones I'm using in a parasoy that brings tears to your eyes 😂

Unfortunately I'm not in the swap. As much as I love swaps and sharing, this year has just not been my year as far as getting my act together and getting things done. 

Being laid off in January, and then out of the country for 2 months this summer for my new job really screwed with my schedule. I'm still desperately trying to play catch up. 

I hear you....never ending battle and I'm dealing with finding a New blend all the while trying to beat 415 into what it used to be 😂

PM me your address and I will send you some - I will have a lot left over, I'm doing little melt cubes with Himalayan pink salts in 4 different scents- amber being one of them to use alone or mix and make your own blends in a new parasoy combo I haven't put out there yet to see what people think 

then you can decide if you want 1 pound of amber or 20 🤣🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, so-soy said:

Hi all, can you tell me what's the difference between dragons blood and Egyptian dragon? And was the Amber fragrance a former suppliers scent? Do we know what the price is per pound? Thank you. 

Egyptian dragon has a lot of Jasmine in it. It is a huge seller at my fantasy Faire. Dragons blood smells just like the dragons blood resin in perfumers alcohol.

amber was the one from brambleberry *before* it was reformulated several years ago. 

Prices from last co-op. They can adjust up or down depending on the DIM weight of the fragrances through FedEx. Will look up tonic price again.  All of the details from the last co-op are in the link of my signature line.

http://www.craftserver.com/topic/110016-tts-fragrance-dupes-oll/

IMG_1234.PNG