Is it time yet to co-op any of my dupes?

TallTayl

43 minutes ago, 8-GRAN-ONES said:

i am looking at possibly ..

1 pink sugar

1 sweet amber...Any A or D

1 providence ...Any A or D

depending on how I like the sniffles ..

do all three of these hold scent really well in cp soap?

Amber A: no.. D: yes discolors to dark brown. I have a hard time smelling vanillas, so To me it loses the edgy nuances in soap a bit and could benefit from something like benzoin or another light musk. I can send a soap sample of it. 

Provence no a or d. My first batch almost 2 years old still smells nice. 

pink sugar no a, some d. Vanilla stabilizer kept it pristine for months. I make these many months in advance and they hold well. 

5 hours ago, Marleigha said:

If they are still available I would absolutely love sniffies!   I've heard great things about your FO's.  😇 💕💕💕😇

Yes. Please order them on the site so I have the correct address, and to track inventory.  They ship first class package, and may take several days to get to you. 

Mine arrived as well. Interesting! The fragrances I thought I wouldn't like I ended up liking.

Going to show these to a few others to get an idea of what would and wouldn't be a hit. Personally, egyptian dragon is knocking my socks off.

Pink sugar is nothing like what I expected (that's not a bad thing)... I know I've smelled it somewhere before. Was the original a perfume? I'm certain I've smelled this before... but where...

I too noticed that some of these are blending very well but I'm not certain which. I had them spread out close to one another and caught a whiff that was amazing. I think it was pink sugar and either vetyver cafe or egyptian dragon with a hint of sweet amber.

Edited by Kerven
  • Like 2

@Kerven they sure do blend well! I accidentally blended pink sugar with pumpkin chai in a dozen candles last summer and it turned out pretty amazing. I did not offer it for sale it because it was a mistake that had not been tested. Lit one the other day for grins and now need to think of a fitting name because it is so good and different from anything else. No spicy pumpkin notes at all, but you know pumpkin is in there. 

Pink sugar was originally a perfume by Aquolina. I use its companion, Blue Sugar, in soap and candles also. It is available from several sources, but I like the one from aromahaven the best. It is by far the closest to the original.  The one from ng is so sugary, and not as clean or nuanced as the original. The ng one discolors pretty badly in soap and shampoo. The AH one does not. 

Provence is a dupe of the famous cologne from Clean by the same name, I used to wear it - the cologne was >$80 a pop 😳 . The dupe blends well with many scents too. I love it with lavender, lavendin, Rosemary, etc. it adds that light, airy note. 

Egyptian dragon (my Mother of Dragons) sells as fast as I can make it. I tried every version on the market before I duped the one I have now. It is simply the best! 

And amber.  Oh my Amber. It makes the most divine perfume ever. The original was from brambleberry. They discontinued it several years ago, then brought it back reformulated. The one available now is a watered down, pale version of the original. In a pinch I suppose that one would fill in, but to me it is worth carrying the dupe. It is hard to wick in candles, but when you find the right combo, wowowowowowowow. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I would like a pound of the one you sent in the swap. I think it was Egyptian Dragon? Also a pound of sweet amber.Is the Pink sugar different from everyone else's? 

@TallTayl, how do I order? I would order more but I don't really do much business yet.

http://www.scentersquare.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=81&zenid=90708f54df936ba4cd2b63af6aa0983c

Here is her website - click on co-ops and browse the fragrances she has listed 

her pink sugar is AMAZING_ the best I found and used was JS and I could never go back now it's "that" good! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

http://www.scentersquare.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=81&zenid=90708f54df936ba4cd2b63af6aa0983c

Here is her website - click on co-ops and browse the fragrances she has listed 

her pink sugar is AMAZING_ the best I found and used was JS and I could never go back now it's "that" good! 

Thanks! I ordered sniffles to see how many others I might order. I've never smelled pink sugar from JS. I've only used NG's version and I like it so if hers is much better than I may have to try it!

2 hours ago, gls said:

When is the cut off date for ordering the pound bottles? Sorry if it is stated somewhere & i’m overlooking it. I can’t make up my mind but don’t want to fool around and miss out on ordering😊.

Planning on dec 1. None are making it close to the mins yet. 

53 minutes ago, jbradshaw said:

Just got my sniffies - wow! Even with this head cold they are really nice. I saw a couple pages back some references to Vetyver cafe doing well in wax - what about the others? I'm specifically interested in Tonic, Sweet Amber, Provence, and Egyptian Dragon

All throw very well in my waxes. Sweet Amber is a bugger to wick, but I find the eco10 in my parasoy blend in a tin did the trick. It's not a beautiful burn but it throws well.