Getting closer

NickS

15 hours ago, Clear Black said:

Nick, when you fire that thing up take some photos and share with us. I would love to see them in action

IMG_1715.thumb.JPG.a1524358572b3ad896ba7006a689d43c.JPG

After lots of thought and discussion with Missy (wife/boss), we are going to relegate the wooden wicks to personal use only. They are just too picky with trim length and tricky to trim, especially further down in the jar. I think this will only hurt repeat business.

Thankfully I've been testing LX and HTP wicks parallel to the wooden wicks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NickS said:

IMG_1715.thumb.JPG.a1524358572b3ad896ba7006a689d43c.JPG

After lots of thought and discussion with Missy (wife/boss), we are going to relegate the wooden wicks to personal use only. They are just too picky with trim length and tricky to trim, especially further down in the jar. I think this will only hurt repeat business.

Thankfully I've been testing LX and HTP wicks parallel to the wooden wicks.

Ya, thats why I gave up on them too. Kudos to people who can get them to work, but I sure as heck couldnt!

Still a beautiful looking jar tho. Maybe make some holiday gifts and hand em out

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wthomas57 said:

What wax were you using? That wick seems huge to me (even for a wood wick). My wood wicks in the same jar are half that size using 6006

It's 4627 and I found a thin wide wick worked better than a thicker narrower wick when using wood.

Have you tried the Ultimate Wood Wicks from BcN? They have been more consistent than traditional wood for me. Thouh, I have to agree that all wood wicks I have tried need special attention at lighting otherwise they can get too hot very quickly. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2017 at 8:40 PM, wthomas57 said:

What wax were you using? That wick seems huge to me (even for a wood wick). My wood wicks in the same jar are half that size using 6006

I have found with 4627 it is very typical to need a larger wick. May be the oil content in the wax....not sure. But either way, the smaller wicks drown out in this wax type.