Spring colours!! new store pic on pg3

CraftyChris

Oh, no-they don't stay like that-they are on the packaging bench-each one has to have a barcode put onto the bottom, then in trays they go, ready to ship out. We just dump them onto the bench from the molds, thsy tend to be a tad greasy right from the molds, but a few hours of air cures them.;)

I like those. I am also pouring votives.... 150 of them. I got in the 'spring state of mind' today. BTW how did you get set up to use bar codes?

In Canada we have a Gov't registration that we have to submit to, and get a prefix number. You have to pay for the # annually to keep it. Then we had a printer set up our labels for them, right into the warning labels. It makes sure we don't forget the warning labels that way too! I found out the hard way that I had to get them don't by a print shop the hard way, my little ink jet printer does not make the lines percise enough...oops! They would not scan! We barcode all of our products now, we have a few chain store accounts and they demanded it. It's great for inventory control as well, I know by looking at the computer what's in stock, and what we need to make. I have 4 other girls who work for me, so it helps me keep track of everything too.

I'm sure that the barcode registry is the same US as well, since it's universal

Here's the link..

www.gs1ca.org/home.asp

Hope it helps you

In Canada we have a Gov't registration that we have to submit to, and get a prefix number. You have to pay for the # annually to keep it. Then we had a printer set up our labels for them, right into the warning labels. It makes sure we don't forget the warning labels that way too! I found out the hard way that I had to get them don't by a print shop the hard way, my little ink jet printer does not make the lines percise enough...oops! They would not scan! We barcode all of our products now, we have a few chain store accounts and they demanded it. It's great for inventory control as well, I know by looking at the computer what's in stock, and what we need to make. I have 4 other girls who work for me, so it helps me keep track of everything too.

I'm sure that the barcode registry is the same US as well, since it's universal

Here's the link..

www.gs1ca.org/home.asp

Hope it helps you

So do you have to pay x amount for each barcode you use?

No, but you register for a specific number of items. I think I registered for 100-1000, because I thought I may start coding my scent as well as item. So far I think I have used about 5--60.

So if a prefix is 1234 then there is a space, then 4 more numbers (which I choose) Take a look at a barcode, and you'll see. The first numbers are issues, and you pay annually to keep the number.

HTH

Thanks.....love the pretty spring colors. I really hate winter. I don't ski anymore so I don't see a need for cold weather...LOL Sorry God, I don't like this season you picked, but I guess there is a reason. A reason for MOVING TRUCKS. Donita

No, but you register for a specific number of items. I think I registered for 100-1000, because I thought I may start coding my scent as well as item. So far I think I have used about 5--60.

So if a prefix is 1234 then there is a space, then 4 more numbers (which I choose) Take a look at a barcode, and you'll see. The first numbers are issues, and you pay annually to keep the number.

HTH

Here's the link with the Uniform Code Council for registering for barcodes in the US:

http://www.uc-council.org/ean_ucc_system/membership/need_upc.htm

I have to deal with data storage of UPCs/EANs/GTINs for work, so I have had to do a ton of research on how they work. Just don't know their pricing structure!

-it took a morning, we have 540 molds. We can make 30 boxes of votives at a time. Sometimes we pour them 2x a day-in Oct/Nov/DEC mainly.

here is a picture of a display we have in a chain account of ours. They stock 64 fragrances at all times, and this display is now in 17 stores, and a smaller version is another 21 stores.

post-634-139458391158_thumb.gif