HSCG New Lower Insurance Option

TallTayl

on.jsp?ca=2a19beac-ea83-4bd3-b533-aa59ce
S.gif
S.gif

Make sure you stay up-to-date on all the happenings of the HSCG! 
933141eb-4831-4907-a2c2-e510a5c0b3bc.png
S.gif

Special Announcement 
S.gif

Dear Shannon, 
S.gif

NEW Lower Cost General & Product Liability Insurance Option
S.gif

Introducing another insurance option for HSCG Members!

Members now have the option of purchasing a General & Product Liability Policy with their Professional Membership that is $110 less per year than our regular policy.  This policy contains $1M in liability coverage, includes candles, has no gross sales cap and is available in all 50 states.

Available for $265/year

The major difference in this policy option over our full coverage is that this option does NOT contain any coverage for property.  If you do have a well established business with a good amount of property, we recommend the full coverage policy to include your business property.

When purchasing insurance coverage for your business, be sure to look at what the policy actually covers, the restrictions and any associated fees, to make the best possible decision.  RLI (see below) is a great option for businesses that are just starting out and making less than $5,000 gross sales/year and you can still be an HSCG Member!

The chart below gives you the major differences in both of the policies available with HSCG Membership as well as the policy from RLI to help you make the best decision for your business.

HSCG Professional Membership is $140/year.  You have the option to purchase a membership with or without insurance and either policy is available.

bf238c43-85c4-4f34-ab87-fc9ed60d288c.png
S.gif
S.gif
S.gif
S.gif

Sincerely, 

Leigh O'Donnell
HSCG Executive Director

Phone: 1.866.900.SOAP 
Phone: 1.518.306.6935
S.gif
S.gif
| Quick Links |

Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild | 866.900.7627 | www.soapguild.org | 178 Elm St.

* PLEASE NOTE: If you unsubscribe to this email, you will be unsubscribing to all future member eNews blasts from the HSCG.
S.gif

• Like 4

Mine comes up for renewal in March. I'm pretty sure I need the property and will look it over in more detail... but its nice to know there is now another option.

Hmmm.... I don't remember getting this email from them. Or maybe I deleted it by mistake?

Edited by Candybee

Looks like the new cheaper option still covers any business location. That's a must have for me since I do markets and fairs all over the state. I am also glad that it also includes other insureds as some markets are beginning to require it along with proof of insurance.

Just now, Siren12 said:

fantastic! i think i paid over $500 last year, i know mine is going to be up soon i'll need to look into this. I didnt realize they would cover candles when i first looked at them

That's the main reason I got the insurance was because of the candles. Before I had them I had State Farm and it was $800 a year for me, so even at the $500 it was a bargain. However, cheaper is always better. .. LOL 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Scented said:

We just renewed and somehow we're still in the $495 range is what it turned out to be for us. I'm not sure that we saved a thing.

If you weren't already a member paying the dues it really doesn't save you much since you have to be a member to buy the insurance.

I squirled away some savings from last fall's craft shows just for paying my biz insurance for this year.

Scented-- aren't you already a member? If your bill using the cheaper version was $495 you only saved $20 and not $110. I am confused. Did membership go up?:huh::huh:

My total this year was $410 - Membership $140, basic insurance $265, $5 admin fee... It's not cheap for sure, but is sooooo worth the peace of mind... 

Standard coverage is higher at $375 but I don't think I need that much coverage, so I opted for the "Minimum" or basic... 

On 2/5/2017 at 9:32 AM, kandlekrazy said:

If you weren't already a member paying the dues it really doesn't save you much since you have to be a member to buy the insurance.

We saved some, but the option was open to all members no? However we have to claim the professional status and we're thinking that's why it was more. Not a clue, but we're paid and operating and it was still lower than last year. We should seek out the reason, but it appears that the reason might fall in how a biz categorizes itself?