What is your best selling Jar?

I only have 2 jars, a 5oz Apothecary jar that retails at $10.00 and a 16oz Apothecary that retails at $20.00. Now that I have to have my wax shipped in however, I will have to raise those prices in 2017.

They both sell equally as well, but I would probably say my 16oz is a better seller simply for the fact that I sell at least 6 to my hairdresser every time I go get my hair done... 

For the last couple of years I have only been using 2 jars; a 12oz mason, and a 16oz mason. The 12oz is the most popular by far. It retails at $12 and I wholesale at $6.50.

Before these jars I used to sell 8oz JJ and 16oz masons. The JJ were the most popular.

And even before that I used to sell 4oz Hex jars, 8oz JJ, and 16oz mason. And at that time the 4oz hex jar was the most popular.

So in my experience the smallest jars I use are always the biggest sellers.

10 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I only have 2 jars, a 5oz Apothecary jar that retails at $10.00 and a 16oz Apothecary that retails at $20.00. Now that I have to have my wax shipped in however, I will have to raise those prices in 2017.

They both sell equally as well, but I would probably say my 16oz is a better seller simply for the fact that I sell at least 6 to my hairdresser every time I go get my hair done... 

This made it sound like I only sell about 6 candles. LMAO What I meant, is that because of the volume she gets per year, that would bump my 16oz candles up to my "best seller" because other than that they sell equally as well. 

I hope I'm making sense. It's been a long, busy season. LOL My break starts tomorrow! WOOHOO

8 oz tins  (all stores) (6.00 wholesale and 1 store sells for 11.95 and another sells for 14.95)

16 oz mason jars (all stores) - (7.00 wholesale but raising price to 7.50 or 7.75 and store sells for 13.50)

12 oz status (1 store) - (12.00 wholesale and store sells for 25.95)

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

My best selling on is the 8oz square mason jar that I sell for $12.50. 

I have larger jars that are actually priced cheaper per oz but they tend to sit, they definitely sell slower.  The 22oz hobnail jars I sell for $30- I may drop the price of them down to $25 I really want them to be my signature jar so clearly I'll need to adjust my pricing to get them to sell. 

Right now I don't have anything smaller than the 8oz but I think I'm going to try the 4oz mason jars that CS just listed. 

IMG_20161217_192921.jpg

Edited by Siren12
Added info
  • Like 3

I only use the square masons and the 8 ounce sells by far better than the 16 ounce 

I got rid of Tina because they didn't sell and they rusted in me after sitting for awhile 

I am introducing the 12 ounce straight sided jar from SKS soon with parasoy and my little 4 ounce square masons 

Siren I absolutely love your hobnail jars! Those are so pretty!

In my area though you couldn't give away a candle that big. Everyone wants the smaller jars plus they want a discount so I do a 3 for special on my 12oz and 16oz. You may get some more sales if you do a special on your large hobnail jars.

There are always people who want a large candle but speaking as someone who has tried 26oz apothecary, 16oz apothecary, and 10oz apothecary people always selected the two smaller jars. 16 oz is the highest jar I will do because it will at least sell sometimes for me. Anything larger around here will gather dust no matter how pretty or great smelling it is!

Next year I will only offer one size jar and that will be my popular 12 round mason with the colored lids.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...