So what is your favorite fragrance now?

Trappeur

Well,now that we all are busy busy busy making candles, melts, soaps, etc I thought it would be kinda neat if we told what our favorite fragrance was at the moment since there have been so many new fragrances out.

Ok, mine are:

VBN (WSP)

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles (Hasn't changed since last year and still trying to get a dupe of Tennessee's) (I have 7 one pound bottles stashed away just for me from Tennessee)

Pumpkin Cheesecake(BC)

Trappeur

• Like 2

Yay ! My favorite topic :) I too am loving VBN (WSP) Lemon Biscotti (Fillmore) Even though I didn't yield good results (HT) in my 464- great in melts (parasoy)

Cranberry Citrus (Fillmore) Christmas Tree (Fillmore) Cranberry Marmalade (CS) Lemon Curd (RE) Nutmeg Ginger (Fillmore) Orange Pekoe Tea (Fillmore)

this was is not super strong but I just love it - really does smell like the tea ! Vanilla Hazelnut (CS) Really just about any of the Holiday/Fall from CS 

• Like 1

Hi Countrygal,

No actually I haven't and yes I would love to have a little sample!  I have either 4 or 5 PPW from different vendors that are all about due to be burned to find which one is as closest to Tennessee's.  And I would like to oblige you also and send you something that I may have that you are looking for.  Just ask away and I'll tell you if I have it!  Thankyou so much!  I'll message you my address....

Trappeur

• Like 1

I got it!  Omg....it's been such a long time!  Well, remember all the fun we had there?  Well,  this board has changed so much since those past years when we were on the BC board.  All the nasty ones who used to be here are gone and everyone here is so nice and we have lots of fun....Glad your here and you can be part of this family here!;)

PS: I'm terrible on facebook.  I know we are friends there and I never talk to anyone there!  I'm so bad.......

Trappeur

• Like 4

I'm real new to candle making. I like making them, but it's just for me. I'm a school teacher who needed a hobby. after a few tries my candles are turning out very nice. I use 464 Soy wax. So that leaves me to figure out fragrances.

I would love to hear what people are saying are good or strong fragrances. I just just ordered a dozen or so samples and I must say I am somewhat underwhelmed. Maybe they'll impress me after I put them into my candle. If anyone out there maybe mention a few and where they come from...I don't know a lot of the abbreviations or acronyms used for some of these businesses. One fragrance I found, which I thought was super strong came from a company called Candle Science. It was the 'Blood Orange'. I definitely will be ordering that again.

So if anyone out there has a list or just a few fragrances they would recommend that would be great.

thanks

jmh 

13 minutes ago, Jul said:

I'm real new to candle making. I like making them, but it's just for me. I'm a school teacher who needed a hobby. after a few tries my candles are turning out very nice. I use 464 Soy wax. So that leaves me to figure out fragrances.

I would love to hear what people are saying are good or strong fragrances. I just just ordered a dozen or so samples and I must say I am somewhat underwhelmed. Maybe they'll impress me after I put them into my candle. If anyone out there maybe mention a few and where they come from...I don't know a lot of the abbreviations or acronyms used for some of these businesses. One fragrance I found, which I thought was super strong came from a company called Candle Science. It was the 'Blood Orange'. I definitely will be ordering that again.

So if anyone out there has a list or just a few fragrances they would recommend that would be great.

thanks

jmh 

I too love the Blood Orange from Candle Science . Many of the oils from that company are very nice + are very good quality. What type of scents to you gravitate to

so that can help us make better suggestions . May I ask what wicks you've had good success with your 464 soy wax. 

My personal favorites are:

Mrs. Claus Cookies-Natures Gardens

Banana Nut Bread-Candle Science

Alpine Cheer-The Flaming Candle-I love this one! It smells so much like Christmas and I don't usually like pine scents.

Vanilla Bean Noel-I love the one from Tennessee but only have a little bit left so I guess I'll be getting it from WSP if I decide to buy it again. To me, Mrs. Claus Cookies smells so much like it that I'm not sure I'll need both of them.

Nutmeg Ginger-Fillmore

Snicker Doodle-Just Scent (smells more like maple cookies so I renamed it)

Pumpkin Sugared Doughnuts-Fragrance Buddy and Aztec

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belinda said:

My personal favorites are:

Mrs. Claus Cookies-Natures Gardens

Banana Nut Bread-Candle Science

Alpine Cheer-The Flaming Candle-I love this one! It smells so much like Christmas and I don't usually like pine scents.

Vanilla Bean Noel-I love the one from Tennessee but only have a little bit left so I guess I'll be getting it from WSP if I decide to buy it again. To me, Mrs. Claus Cookies smells so much like it that I'm not sure I'll need both of them.

Nutmeg Ginger-Fillmore

Snicker Doodle-Just Scent (smells more like maple cookies so I renamed it)

Pumpkin Sugared Doughnuts-Fragrance Buddy and Aztec

I was just looking at Alpine cheer - I need some more supplies from Flaming so I'll order a sample. How would you best describe it ? Belinda, did you try the 

Snickerdoodle from CS ? Its so good :) 

"I too love the Blood Orange from Candle Science . Many of the oils from that company are very nice + are very good quality. What type of scents to you gravitate to

so that can help us make better suggestions . May I ask what wicks you've had good success with your 464 soy wax."

the wicks I am using are Eco 14 pre tabbed 6". they seem to work real well.

the scents i like are more masculine. I like patchouli, cedar wood, etc. So I don't know how Orange got in there, but I do like it. I would like to try maybe a good cranberry something or even apple, to see if I like it. I like to try things related to Harvest or Autumn so I ordered a few of those scents from a place called Bitter Creek.

thanks for getting back.

I have many favorites.  I'm having a bit of trouble with a couple of new ones.  I can't seem to get the new Celebrate Christmas or Lemon Eclair from RE to throw well.  I have gone through a 16 ounce bottle of the Celebrate.  The candles smell great on cold throw, and nice burning, but are just too light.  I have a really large open floor area in the center of my house and usually burn about 4 or 5 candles at once on the counter.  Using 464  in a 16 oz comfort jar with 2 eco  6 wicks they burn great, but have light throw.  I also tried it in feather and starburst palm wax in pillars with CSN wicks.  Those have light throw too.  Same with melts.  I tried using the max oil, same results.  Same story with the Lemon Eclair except I have not done Pillars yet because I only had a few ounces of that to play with.  Has anyone else thought these were really light scents?  I love them both, and was hoping they would work out.  At least Lemon Curd is good and strong.

12 minutes ago, Beaches said:

I have many favorites.  I'm having a bit of trouble with a couple of new ones.  I can't seem to get the new Celebrate Christmas or Lemon Eclair from RE to throw well.  I have gone through a 16 ounce bottle of the Celebrate.  The candles smell great on cold throw, and nice burning, but are just too light.  I have a really large open floor area in the center of my house and usually burn about 4 or 5 candles at once on the counter.  Using 464  in a 16 oz comfort jar with 2 eco  6 wicks they burn great, but have light throw.  I also tried it in feather and starburst palm wax in pillars with CSN wicks.  Those have light throw too.  Same with melts.  I tried using the max oil, same results.  Same story with the Lemon Eclair except I have not done Pillars yet because I only had a few ounces of that to play with.  Has anyone else thought these were really light scents?  I love them both, and was hoping they would work out.  At least Lemon Curd is good and strong.

Its encouraging to hear that the lemon curd is strong - love that one ! Im thinking of maybe mixing the Lemon Curd with RE Bday Cake, I have the KY version

im shooting for lemon cake - not sure if it'll work but I'll give it a go. How do the eco wicks work with your 464 ? Ive used them in the past but with 6006 + found 

they produced a lot of soot. Not sure if it was do to the parasoy or the wick itself. I testing CD wicks with 464 + those buggers get HOT on 2nd/3rd burn :( 

As far as RE scents go I also like Main Street + Plumbery Spice - not a fan of Bonfire though .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

My favorite scent right now and has been for a couple months is the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, can't get enough of that one.

The PPW is great in wax melts too but I haven't tried it in candle wax. Is that one that you have to wick up ? 

I know Pumpkin Pecan Waffles is very popular but I just can't make myself like that one very much. All I smell is a buttery kind of smell almost like popcorn. I had our clinic aide at school melt it so I could walk in her office and get a whiff of it and neither one of us liked it very much. She thought it was sweet and I thought it was buttery LOL! We both loved pumpkin sugared doughnuts though!

• Like 1

I wish I knew what this PPW from Tennesee smelled like that everyone raves about. I've only tried TFC's and although I do like it, its very light for me in 464. Currently my fave is Apple Harvest & Pumpkin Soufflé from CS. 

51 minutes ago, FB157 said:

I wish I knew what this PPW from Tennesee smelled like that everyone raves about. I've only tried TFC's and although I do like it, its very light for me in 464. Currently my fave is Apple Harvest & Pumpkin Soufflé from CS. 

Personally, all the samples I've bought from other suppliers pretty much smell the same. I guess my nose doesn't pick up depth of scents like some noses do because I honestly can't tell a difference in any of them. A lot of people love the one from Tennessee though and I've heard that the one from Maple Street is pretty close. I have some from Tennessee and Fragrance Buddy and they smell the same to my  nose. I also have a large bottle of Candle Wic's Pumpkin Pancakes and to me it smells just like PPW. I guess it's their version. 

I can send you a sample if you'd like.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Belinda said:

Personally, all the samples I've bought from other suppliers pretty much smell the same. I guess my nose doesn't pick up depth of scents like some noses do because I honestly can't tell a difference in any of them. A lot of people love the one from Tennessee though and I've heard that the one from Maple Street is pretty close. I have some from Tennessee and Fragrance Buddy and they smell the same to my  nose. I also have a large bottle of Candle Wic's Pumpkin Pancakes and to me it smells just like PPW. I guess it's their version. 

I can send you a sample if you'd like.

Thank you for the offer! Thats very nice of you Belinda. Maybe we have the same sniffer because I don't pick up some of these in depth fragrances that people rave about either. 

I will chime in on the PPW , so far Maple Street has the best to my nose. It is so close to TCS & gives me a strong long lasting throw in my wax melts :)

Countrygal3115 , You have me very tempted to try JS PPW . I have settled on MS after trying about 6 other companies with this scent. Trappuer & I have both been on the hunt for the PPW replacement .I honestly think that MS has the same supplier that TCS used for the PPW.I have never ordered this one from JS . Does the JS one have a lot of depth to it ? I have used JS in the past & had bad results.. I have a pound of Jelly donut ,Blackberry Pie & Cuppy Cake sitting on the shelf. I poured all 3 & no throw in my paraffin .I will try these in my new Aztec soy tart blend & see what happens. I will add that the Sugared Apples is super stong from JS . I use it alone & do a lot of blending with this scent .It has a very ripe apple smell & I think it is a BBW dupe if I am remembering correctly. Thanks for the review on the PPW , just might have to give this one a try. It seems my supplier list is growing & growing. I do recommend MS oils ,great sampler prices & low flat rate shipping .I love their oils so far with the ones I have tested. PPW ,Iced lemon Danish, Peach Magnolia Raspberry & all the Pumpkin scents .I am still testing more.

7 hours ago, Belinda said:

I know Pumpkin Pecan Waffles is very popular but I just can't make myself like that one very much. All I smell is a buttery kind of smell almost like popcorn. I had our clinic aide at school melt it so I could walk in her office and get a whiff of it and neither one of us liked it very much. She thought it was sweet and I thought it was buttery LOL! We both loved pumpkin sugared doughnuts though!

Belinda - which pumpkin sugared donuts is it you like so much, Id like to order some :) Would you say its strong ? Also, I like that idea of having the aide at your school

try the melts in an area where many people are walking by. If anything it gives you a good idea of what others think. BTW ... I ordered the Peppermint Bark from JS 

OMG its so good ! I poured it in 464 soy so Im waiting for it to cure now. The Vanilla Bean Marshmallow is good too. OOB the VBM is ok but is really good in soy. But I 

haven't burned it yet, still curing. 

16 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Its encouraging to hear that the lemon curd is strong - love that one ! Im thinking of maybe mixing the Lemon Curd with RE Bday Cake, I have the KY version

im shooting for lemon cake - not sure if it'll work but I'll give it a go. How do the eco wicks work with your 464 ? Ive used them in the past but with 6006 + found 

they produced a lot of soot. Not sure if it was do to the parasoy or the wick itself. I testing CD wicks with 464 + those buggers get HOT on 2nd/3rd burn :( 

As far as RE scents go I also like Main Street + Plumbery Spice - not a fan of Bonfire though .

The lemon curd is a great blender.  I have done the lemon curd and birthday cake, it turned out good, like lemon pound cake.  I have also mixed it with lavender for lemon lavender, it and smelled great.  I have tried a lot of lemon scents, and am very picky since I love lemon.  Lemon curd is hands down the best lemon I have tried from anywhere.  But I did like the lemon eclair, and will get some more at some point to try again.  I love eco wicks with 464.  I find they have the least soot and nice steady burn.  I have not done much with paraffin other than a few experimental pillars, so can't comment much on that.  I did also try some sort of parasoy blend a couple years ago, but don't remember which.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beaches said:

The lemon curd is a great blender.  I have done the lemon curd and birthday cake, it turned out good, like lemon pound cake.  I have also mixed it with lavender for lemon lavender, it and smelled great.  I have tried a lot of lemon scents, and am very picky since I love lemon.  Lemon curd is hands down the best lemon I have tried from anywhere.  But I did like the lemon eclair, and will get some more at some point to try again.  I love eco wicks with 464.  I find they have the least soot and nice steady burn.  I have not done much with paraffin other than a few experimental pillars, so can't comment much on that.  I did also try some sort of parasoy blend a couple years ago, but don't remember which.  

Maybe I'll try the eco wicks again and see what happens with the 464 wax. But with 6006 wax, lots of soot - it was horrible . It seems as if we like like a lot of

the same scents. I too love lemon and am picky with them. RE lemon curd is awesome ! I ordered a pre mixed lavender lemon from Fillmore + I wasn't crazy 

about it. Actually, I don't like most lavenders that Ive ordered + am so tired of spending money on trying new lavenders - the shipping will kill you if your ordering 

from several places. The one Im using now is from CS - it good but I think I can find better ( I hope lol !) Bulk Apothecary has a lavender blend, its for candles only

+ is a Lebermuth oil, I believe its called South Of France - says its a woody - floral citrus / notes of fir - lav -ylang - amber .... I think I'll give it a try . Thanks again 

for responding, really appreciate it .... enjoy your Sunday :)