Im wanting to do a vanilla + Christmas tree /Pine blend. I have CS Blue Spruce + Fillmores Christmas tree - CS Very Vanilla + possibly another vanilla to play with.

Any suggestions or your favorite blends would be much appreciated. What would be a good starting point in terms of ratio of vanilla to pine. Id love to come up

with some blends for Christmas with some charming names - but Im not that great at blending or coming up with names :( I stumbled across a candle Co that 

was out in the Pacific NW and they had such a great rustic theme. They have a Campfire Toddy that sounds amazing ! Also saw a candle that had a cozy

blanket scent - what the heck does a blanket smell like lol ! Im looking forward to hearing any suggestions you all might have. 

Thanks so much :)

• Like 1

I've got a beautiful one I have been blending for years.

I use 60% Vanilla Voodoo (candlecoon) and 40%Christmas tree (Fillmore)

I call it "White Christmas" for the holidays and Vanilla Balsam during the rest of the year.

For some reason I could never get Very Vanilla from CS to throw for me, but then I was using c3....but when I found Vanilla Voodoo I never looked back and it 

has been my vanilla of choice forever.  If you try the Vanilla Voodoo, just remember their fragrances you don't use as much oil as they are that concentraited.

I just love VBN and it is a super duper blender as well as using by itself.  I think VBN and Christmas tree would be totally awesome!  Matter of fact, I'm going to do that today!  Another blend you could do for the holidays is do Vanilla, Christmas Tree and a Mulberry (Fragrance Buddy).  Then another one for a different take which I haven't done yet, but want to try is Vanilla, or VBN with Christmas Tree, Mulberry and Peppermint Bark (CS).  Omg....you really have got me going on this now.!

CS Blue Spruce is a wonderful scent, but is very strong.  I love it and it's a true Blue Spruce.   You can't go wrong with this one.

If you want another type pine from CS, I also love Scotch Pine.  Geesh I just went to their site and I see it's gone....I didn't even know they did away with it.

But I noticed they have a new one "Frasier Fir".  I've been looking for a great Frasier Fir.. Guess I'll have to get a little order to them.

I actually have  different pines.  And each one is totally different from each other.  Isn't this just horrible to offer all these?

1.  Balsam Fir (Fillmore's Christmas Tree).  The only true balsam fir out there.  Smells just like those balsam filled tiny pillows you will see in specialty shops filled with nothing by balsam fir needles...THE BEST!

2.  Balsam Fir and Vanilla Blend

3.  A Blue Spruce (CS) - I just got a sample of a Spruce by Flaming and will be putting that into wax today.  Smells just like CS.

4.  A Sugared Spruce:   Lonestars Spruce Forest is awesome and Aztec has a great one.

5.  Cinnamon and Balsam:  Peaks is so totally awesome.....love, love, love it1  Been using for years.

6. A regular pine (love Community Candles called Christmas Tree)

7.  Frasier Fir:   Still looking for it, lol.

8.  A blend of a pine and mulberry or something like that....(Going to get my butt in gear and do some blendings)

9.  A Christmas pine blend.....(looking to find one or create)

Trappeur

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Im wanting to do a vanilla + Christmas tree /Pine blend. I have CS Blue Spruce + Fillmores Christmas tree - CS Very Vanilla + possibly another vanilla to play with.

Any suggestions or your favorite blends would be much appreciated. What would be a good starting point in terms of ratio of vanilla to pine. Id love to come up

with some blends for Christmas with some charming names - but Im not that great at blending or coming up with names :( I stumbled across a candle Co that 

was out in the Pacific NW and they had such a great rustic theme. They have a Campfire Toddy that sounds amazing ! Also saw a candle that had a cozy

blanket scentI - what the heck does a blanket smell like lol ! Im looking forward to hearing any suggestions you all might have. 

Thanks so much :)

Do you mind devulging that site you went to?  I always love reading up on things like this.  Gives me inspiration. Hahaha...Yep, I agree, what does a blanket scent smell like?  I have always thought that myself. The only thing I could think of is smelly socks...lol... I know RE has a blanket scent and they also have one called "Mittens" (something like that).  When I think of those 2 scents I think of an old cabin/camp sitting at the edge of the woods at the water and when walking into it, you can smell that old musty camp scent.  Brings back memories growing up when we would go every summer to a camp and stay there for a week or 2....Just the charm and nostalgia, call me kind of weird, but I like!  Campfire Toddy sounds like an awesome scent and love the name.

Trappeur

• Like 1

OMG your are amazing ! thank you so much for taking the time,it's really appreciated :) I actually have the Vanilla Vooda + Sultry Angel + white 

chocolate Raspberry truffle in my cart lol ! Your blends sound so, so good ! The Mulberry blend sounds great, I have a sample bottle from Fillmore

so I'll play around with % on that one too ! I tried Sugared Spruce from ICS + I thought it was just OK - so I'll try Aztec or Lonestar's . Ive never tried

Peaks Cinnamon Balsam so when place my order with them I'll be sure to add that one lol ! I also like Peaks Cottage Cookie + Christmas Tree is nice.

As much as I like summer I'm ready for Fall, it's been a dry, humid summer and I'm just over it and ready for my son to start school. Having a child 

with a disability makes for an XXXX long summer lol ! It's a miracle I'm not a drinker LMAO !!! Great, now I feel guilty for talking about him lol ! 

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this forum - great, great people on here - thank you ! Cant wait to give these a try Trappeur :)

Edited by Moonstar
spelling
  • Like 1

Oh my gosh!! You girls are all the ABSOLUTE BOMBS! I will occasionally try and I use that word lightly to come up with my own blends and every once in a while I actually get one not half bad! I'll be walking around for a week like Hey um yeah..I'm all that peeps!! Lmbo ok not really but I am pretty tickled! Ya all rattled them off like its no big deal and I'll sit for hours thinking...hmmmm wonder if that'd be good or naaaa that'd probably smell like stinky socks! Just love reading the scents ya all come up with to put together! Puma's another one that just whips Em up!  Belinda's super good too! I've been trying so hard to come up with some new Fall blends...not getting to far but now ya's got me thinking Christmas already!! Either way..just want ya's to know I think your pretty special! 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I call it "White Christmas" for the holidays and Vanilla Balsam during the rest of the year.

For some reason I could never get Very Vanilla from CS to throw for me, but then I was using c3....but when I found Vanilla Voodoo I never looked back and it 

has been my vanilla of choice forever.  If you try the Vanilla Voodoo, just remember their fragrances you don't use as much oil as they are that concentraited.

I just love VBN and it is a super duper blender as well as using by itself.  I think VBN and Christmas tree would be totally awesome!  Matter of fact, I'm going to do that today!  Another blend you could do for the holidays is do Vanilla, Christmas Tree and a Mulberry (Fragrance Buddy).  Then another one for a different take which I haven't done yet, but want to try is Vanilla, or VBN with Christmas Tree, Mulberry and Peppermint Bark (CS).  Omg....you really have got me going on this now.!

CS Blue Spruce is a wonderful scent, but is very strong.  I love it and it's a true Blue Spruce.   You can't go wrong with this one.

If you want another type pine from CS, I also love Scotch Pine.  Geesh I just went to their site and I see it's gone....I didn't even know they did away with it.

But I noticed they have a new one "Frasier Fir".  I've been looking for a great Frasier Fir.. Guess I'll have to get a little order to them.

I actually have  different pines.  And each one is totally different from each other.  Isn't this just horrible to offer all these?

1.  Balsam Fir (Fillmore's Christmas Tree).  The only true balsam fir out there.  Smells just like those balsam filled tiny pillows you will see in specialty shops filled with nothing by balsam fir needles...THE BEST!

3.  A Blue Spruce (CS) - I just got a sample of a Spruce by Flaming and will be putting that into wax today.  Smells just like CS.

4.  A Sugared Spruce:   Lonestars Spruce Forest is awesome and Aztec has a great one.

5.  Cinnamon and Balsam:  Peaks is so totally awesome.....love, love, love it1  Been using for years.

8.  A blend of a pine and mulberry or something like that....(Going to get my butt in gear and do some blendings)

Trappeur

I was on CS last night and noticed they have a few new FO's - one of them is Frasier Fir and they're .99 right now. Not sure how long that will last though.

That price is just for their new FO. BTW Ive read WSP has a pretty good iced tea - they call it Twisted Iced Tea. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

I was on CS last night and noticed they have a few new FO's , one of them is Frasier Fir . As of this morning the new ones  were .99 

BTW I read somewhere, I think on here, that WSP has a good Ice Tea - Twisted Iced Tea - their Frosted Cranberry sounds interesting too lol ! 

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

I was on CS last night and noticed they have a few new FO's - one of them is Frasier Fir and they're .99 right now. Not sure how long that will last though.

That price is just for their new FO. BTW Ive read WSP has a pretty good iced tea - they call it Twisted Iced Tea. 

Yea, I noticed that they had a new one, Frasier Fir.  I'm out of Mac Apple, Peach Nectar and Christmas Hearth as I just made up a ton of candles so I'll order the Frasier today with the rest of my order!  Didn't know it was 99cents.....I don't think there is a limit, is there, cause I'll order 16 of them....

Geesh you just reminded me I need to get going on finding a great Frosted Cranberry.  That's on my to do list.  I've never ordered from WSP.  I think their prices are outrageous and I know they offer free shipping, but I believe they jack up their prices of oils and hide the shipping in there.  I won't give companies business when they do that and I have always felt that way about them.  That's just my opinion...

Thanks!

Trappeur

• Like 3

I hear ya on their FO prices. Most of them are outrageously priced IMO . I guess I'll forget about that Ice Tea lol ! $39.95 # - Frosted cranberry $28.95

and Nut Cracker is $41.95 # Outrageous, for candles anyhow. I guess if you need 2-4 oz for seasonal room sprays its ok but otherwise too high IMO 

free shipping or not .

• Like 1

So last night i got some CS samples including the fraiser fir ( i personally think it smells great oob). Just wanted to throw that out there. I also got CS pinecone sample- also pretty good oob.

I  got a sample of driftwood- which is vanilla, patchouli, sandlewood and other scents they say on their website.

I did a test of the two scent mixed 2 parts fraiser fir/ 1 part driftwood, and it actually smells pretty good together! Im going to make a small test candle tonight. 

If the blend works i may call it seaside holiday or something like that (also goes with my mermaid theme)

Edited by Siren12
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:57 PM, Moonstar said:

I never heard of this company. Did they recently close ? What do you feel others out there are missing that this one had ? Interesting :)

They went out of business a while back.  Shame because they had some killer oils.

• Like 1

On August 24, 2016 at 2:04 AM, Daisymay66 said:

Anyone know how long they are on sale?

If your talking about the few FO 's that are on sale for.99 at CS .. Id order soon, like this weekend . I ordered their new Frasier Fir + Snickerdoodle yesterday 

and they were still at that price :)