Wire and polymer clay

Vicky_CO

They go really well together. I have been having fun and getting better at wire weaving. I was just doing wire to make bails and they what it will be in the end I think signature bails for my clay but the practice has produce some really cool pieces I think.

IMG_4375.JPG

IMG_4393.JPG

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4389.JPG

IMG_4385.JPG

IMG_4387.JPG

• Like 5

Thank you guys

2 hours ago, puma52 said:

WOW Vicky!!!! :) How beautiful!! Ok...so now I have to ask....how long does it take to make one of these? I bet the better you get at it the faster you can create? Love them!

It depends an hour at the minimum but the ones with more weaving a couple of hours and yes as I practice I get faster. I just wish wire was cheaper.

29 minutes ago, SueH said:

Oh these are so gorgeous! So is everything that you make, you have to get an website and sell your beautiful creations!!!

I sell a bit on Etsy but my wire work is not ready for sale yet one day maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

As if I don't have enough things to take up time and money, wire wrapping always fascinates me. 

I I have this beautiful stone that reminds me of a candle flame. Thinking it will be gorgeous if wrapped well. What direction would you take this piece?

image.jpeg

Edited by TallTayl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

As if I don't have enough things to take up time and money, wire wrapping always fascinates me. 

I I have this beautiful stone that reminds me of a candle flame. Thinking it will be gorgeous if wrapped well. What direction would you take this piece?

Oh girl that is a gorgeous stone. I would consider Viking netting bezel with a 2 or 3 wired weaved bail. Another would I would really consider is capturing in in the chevron weave. here is a pic of the weave http://magazin-rukodel.ru/?p=4006  do some decorative wire swirls on the back to secure the stone, double snake weave bail.

I would do it in copper or another colored wire I think silver or gold would be a bad choice here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vicky_CO said:

Wonderful links! Thank you. Love one I just watched for a prong set cabochon by CSL designs. A few raw stones in my tiny collection would look beautiful in this type of setting.

the first one ( http://magazin-rukodel.ru/?p=4006  ) is intriguing since it uses simple copper electrical wire which we always have scraps of here following remodeling projects. Would never have though of that!

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Wonderful links! Thank you. Love one I just watched for a prong set cabochon by CSL designs. A few raw stones in my tiny collection would look beautiful in this type of setting.

the first one ( http://magazin-rukodel.ru/?p=4006  ) is intriguing since it uses simple copper electrical wire which we always have scraps of here following remodeling projects. Would never have though of that!

I have done 2 of the prong set ones they were fun.

That is what is nice about copper it is very easy to come by. Plus putting a patina to it gives it a rich warm color. 

1 hour ago, Terry said:

I love them all!!

The pink one looks like a rose - just beautiful :)

Thank you 

That is a rose. I made a rose cane they made beads from it. When I elongated my bead it stretched the rose out a bit. The black and purple/pink were also roses but I stretched them further.

• 1 month later...