What is your dream candle making setup?

Trying to make do with limited space, I find myself dreaming of the perfect candle making work area, but unsure what that might really be like. Do any of you have that dream workspace? What's it like? Wire shelving on the walls, a work bench & storage bins? A shelf of Presto pots?  If you don't have your dream work space yet, how would you design it if money and lack of space were no object? :)

I have a decent area but not a dream area by any means - if I could I would build that barn we have been talking about for 10 years and it would have a staircase leading to the upstairs which would be my candle cave- heated of course with exhaust fans and Windows to watch over my horses and the entire area would be wrapped in stainless steel counters with cabinets above and drawers underneath for all my supplies 

I would have 3 in my dreams only expensive wax melters for all my blends and I would have a corner gas fireplace with a cozy chair or couch to sit and take notes while I wait for my creations to cure 

I want it out of my house, I have taken the entire storage room up which we did install an exhaust fan but I have no windows and the office down there is full of bins with my oils and tester candles plus my son has such bad allergies I do not make them when he is home - this way I could just wander down to my cave regardless anytime I wanted and it would be so clean- open and more efficient!

• Like 2

I would love to have a small brick and mortar store. Cozy candle store with a pot belly stove and hand made items in shelves. My creative area would be private and have a great sound system for playing my favorite tunes while I work.  Otherwise, a stand alone building next to the house would be ok. My wife is sensitive to fragrances and makes a fuss about not being able to breathe if I'm pouring something strong. Exhaust fans help but sometimes the fragrances collect into a toxic cloud that invades the whole house. We have a rental house next door that would make a great place but we have renters.

• Like 2

Moonshine I love your dream candle work room. Sounds lovely! Especially looking out over the horses. That would be a dream!

My dreamspace would be the whole ground floor of a cute country cottage. I would have the whole first floor as my workroom and showroom. It would be divided up of course and the showroom would probably be the front room. Anyway, I would have a seperate room or rooms as my working space for making soap and candles, a curing room for my soap and candles, and a storage room. I would use the upstairs as my living space that I'd share with my furbaby.

If I had more money then I would opt for a seperate building a very short walking distance to my house. Either way both are just dreams in my head.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, moonshine said:

I have a decent area but not a dream area by any means - if I could I would build that barn we have been talking about for 10 years and it would have a staircase leading to the upstairs which would be my candle cave- heated of course with exhaust fans and Windows to watch over my horses and the entire area would be wrapped in stainless steel counters with cabinets above and drawers underneath for all my supplies 

I would have 3 in my dreams only expensive wax melters for all my blends and I would have a corner gas fireplace with a cozy chair or couch to sit and take notes while I wait for my creations to cure 

I want it out of my house, I have taken the entire storage room up which we did install an exhaust fan but I have no windows and the office down there is full of bins with my oils and tester candles plus my son has such bad allergies I do not make them when he is home - this way I could just wander down to my cave regardless anytime I wanted and it would be so clean- open and more efficient!

Sounds dreamy! ?

• 2 weeks later...