Creme Brulee

gail164

Forgot to mention that Cajun was the very first place I ordered from back in late 1998 or 1999........very good people to do business with. So I will definitely order a Creme Brulee sample from them. I order often from Bitter Creek North and Peak too. Never ordered from Alabaster before although I've always heard good things about them! So many candle supply places, so little time! Lol!

Whose creme brûlée have you tried? Cajun's is amazing and so is Mike's brûlée from Tyler Starville. They're the best I've found. I think Peak's gets good reviews on theirs too but I've never tried it in wax.

Hope this helps!

Belinda! Burning my Creme Brûlée as we speak and my entire house is full of the aroma! Thanks for the recommendation..fyi, I'm burning in an 8 oz Mason with 6006 and a 44-36-18 zinc wick! I waited a full week to burn (I know it should have been longer). I cant even fathom that more cure time could improve on this! Thanks again and Happy New Year! Edited by Nancy63
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried KY (now AHRE) and Steve's. They are almost identical to me OOB (strong alcohol note) but in wax, KY has more of a burnt note and a strong coffee-ish note that I don't like. I just put Creme Brulee from Candle Coccoon in wax. I only had a sample and granted it's about a year old but it doesn't smell anything like KY nor Steve's. It almost smells like a creamy vanilla. I just made some tarts with it so will see what I get.

I've tried KY (now AHRE) and Steve's. They are almost identical to me OOB (strong alcohol note) but in wax, KY has more of a burnt note and a strong coffee-ish note that I don't like. I just put Creme Brulee from Candle Coccoon in wax. I only had a sample and granted it's about a year old but it doesn't smell anything like KY nor Steve's. It almost smells like a creamy vanilla. I just made some tarts with it so will see what I get.

I would love to hear your results with CC. :);)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/31/2015 at 11:55 PM, Belinda said:

You're so welcome and I'm so glad you like it! It really is a yummy scent. 

Happy New Year to you too!

Hey Belinda and everyone else who recommended Cajun's Creme Brûlée. I'm getting ready to order from them and wanted to know if you still recommend this FO from them. Thanks!!

On 8/7/2018 at 11:50 AM, CLVC said:

Hey Belinda and everyone else who recommended Cajun's Creme Brûlée. I'm getting ready to order from them and wanted to know if you still recommend this FO from them. Thanks!!

I'm sorry, just now seeing this. I personally love their cream brûlée. I did have a bottle become a little sour once though. 

On 8/11/2018 at 7:59 PM, Belinda said:

I'm sorry, just now seeing this. I personally love their cream brûlée. I did have a bottle become a little sour once though. 

No worries @Belinda. I went ahead and got it. Keeping fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

After reading all these great reviews on Cajun Creme Brulee I decided to go ahead and another supplier on my list, and.... they are out of stock. That's 0 for 2 this week - tried to order Sweet Tooth from RE as there was also a post where it was highly recommend, and it too was out of stock. 😞

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LivInTX said:

After reading all these great reviews on Cajun Creme Brulee I decided to go ahead and another supplier on my list, and.... they are out of stock. That's 0 for 2 this week - tried to order Sweet Tooth from RE as there was also a post where it was highly recommend, and it too was out of stock. 😞

Hopefully it'll be back in stock soon. Their cream brûlée is to die for, when it's not going bad. I did have a bottle go bad on me and it smelled like stinky feet or something sour when it was melting. It only happened with one bottle I had and one that Daisey Mae sent me. Also, I think JS has sweet tooth too.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Belinda said:

Hopefully it'll be back in stock soon. Their cream brûlée is to die for, when it's not going bad. I did have a bottle go bad on me and it smelled like stinky feet or something sour when it was melting. It only happened with one bottle I had and one that Daisey Mae sent me. Also, I think JS has sweet tooth too.

Thank you Belinda! Good to know about shelf life on the creme brulee and I actually plan on trying JS's Sweet Tooth. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Candle Nook said:

Never heard of Cajun Candles — but after this thread...I’m probably ordering from ANOTHER supplier 😂🙄 (🔫 me now). What are other favs from them...

They have a good mulberry and Christmas mulberry. I also like their banana nut bread and oatmeal raisin cookie. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, The Candle Nook said:

Never heard of Cajun Candles — but after this thread...I’m probably ordering from ANOTHER supplier 😂🙄 (🔫 me now). What are other favs from them...

When Belinda recommends something she is always spot on like this scent Candle Nook.    She sent me some a while back and it really is wonderful!

Trappeur

• Like 2

On 2/20/2019 at 5:12 PM, The Candle Nook said:

I just got a few in from them. I ordered some pina colada and it smells really good OOB. I was looking for something to replace Tennessee's and this one from Cajun smells great. I also got some more cream brûlée and banana nut bread. I think I like BNB from CS better but I'll have to do a side by side sniff and see but either way they're both good. I got a sample of orange cream cupcake which smells so good and hurricane daiquiri which also smells great OOB.

Hope this helps!

@Trappeur, thank you for the vote of confidence! I always look at your suggestions and haven't been disappointed in anything I've tried that you suggested. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2019 at 5:36 PM, Belinda said:

I just got a few in from them. I ordered some pina colada and it smells really good OOB. I was looking for something to replace Tennessee's and this one from Cajun smells great. I also got some more cream brûlée and banana nut bread. I think I like BNB from CS better but I'll have to do a side by side sniff and see but either way they're both good. I got a sample of orange cream cupcake which smells so good and hurricane daiquiri which also smells great OOB.

Hope this helps!

@Trappeur, thank you for the vote of confidence! I always look at your suggestions and haven't been disappointed in anything I've tried that you suggested. 

Did you try piña colada or orange cream cupcake in wax yet? Curious how they perform :) 

No I haven't tried the pina colada even though I have samples of it.   I need to get in wax and think I will later on today.   They don't smell that very potent out of the bottle and wasn't impressed so I'm sure that is why they are still in my cabinet.   I'll let you know after I pour testers today.

Trappeur