Square mason jars

I use that jar and 415- I sell them for 10.00 around here and others sell them for 8.00- I would go broke at 8.00- they must buy in serious bulk or use crappy low grade cheap oils

I am not big enough to buy like that and use a lot of expensive FO

CD 16 May be too hot with jar and that wax- I do have 2 oils I use that size for that are PIA's to wick

A 10-12 is what Works me

Oceangazer. I didn't get my comment in quick enough. Thanks for the info. I just never mastered soy to look decent. I have tried the 6006 with the CD 8's and so far so good. Aztecs Tobacco, Apple Jack and Peel and BlackBerry Sage all burning nicely in an 8 oz Mason Jar.

Candybee are you In Jersey by any chance? I also drive to Fillmores

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am in Virginia. Takes me about 3 hrs to drive to Lancaster one way. But I typically drive to Candlewic, Candles & Supplies, and then swing back to Fillmore on my way back to Virginia.

Now that I am again buying from Peaks I plan to drive to Peaks then Fillmore as I can get all my candle needs from them with the exception of some FOs from CS.

Also, an 8oz jar I typically sell for $8 and then have either a 2 or 3 for special. An 8oz jar simply won't sell for $12 in this area even in a pricey boutique.

• Like 1

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am in Virginia. Takes me about 3 hrs to drive to Lancaster one way. But I typically drive to Candlewic, Candles & Supplies, and then swing back to Fillmore on my way back to Virginia.

Now that I am again buying from Peaks I plan to drive to Peaks then Fillmore as I can get all my candle needs from them with the exception of some FOs from CS.

Also, an 8oz jar I typically sell for $8 and then have either a 2 or 3 for special. An 8oz jar simply won't sell for $12 in this area even in a pricey boutique.

Oh my gosh girl! You don't know what I'd give to be able to drive to 1 supplier, let alone 3!!!! So stinking jealous :(

Candybee...I hope you have a gigantic SUV lol....I'm So jelly! I used to be able to drive to C&S :)

It's possible to drive to Candlewic, C&S, Peaks, and Fillmore in a day... but it takes ALL day so I just make it a full day trip. It still saves me a buttload of money shipping wise so its worth it. But it is a lot of work.... and driving. But its oh so much fun to shop in the showrooms and smell all the FOs before buying!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oceangazer. I didn't get my comment in quick enough. Thanks for the info. I just never mastered soy to look decent. I have tried the 6006 with the CD 8's and so far so good. Aztecs Tobacco, Apple Jack and Peel and BlackBerry Sage all burning nicely in an 8 oz Mason Jar.

Nancy, How are you doing with the CD8's? I am still finding them a but too large. Too much soot...Going to stop testing the 8's unless I have an fo that's a bugger to wick. The cd 6 and 7 I'm going to test extensively and this is with 6006 and dye.

Edited by Oceangazer1

• 3 weeks later...

Nancy, How are you doing with the CD8's? I am still finding them a but too large. Too much soot...Going to stop testing the 8's unless I have an fo that's a bugger to wick. The cd 6 and 7 I'm going to test extensively and this is with 6006 and dye.

Oceangazer..the CD 8's seem to be doing well in most fragrances. Lately, I have been not coloring my candles just trying to get some consistency (impossible in this hobby I know) and the 8's do seem a bit hot in these candles. They could definitly use a downsizing

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same jar and using 464 soy wax. I just bought the eco sampler set of Wicks. I have used the 10 and 12 which are not bad but the flame dances too much and the wick mushrooms. Any suggestions on wick size?

Yes, size down to a CD 8 in that wax and jar. I personally hate eco's.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...