What I made for myself

Trappeur

Thought I would share some pictures of candles I did for myself these past two weeks.  I've been so busy making for others and I had nothing for myself, so I treated myself.

When my mother died, my 2 sisters and myself shared my mothers beautiful collection of lead crystal that she collected her whole life.  I was never into crystal myself but have always had her pieces displayed in a hutch I have.  When we were all growing up from childhood my mother had her crystal displayed throughout our house and God help the person who ever broke a piece.  None of us kids ever did either.  But my mother did break 2 pieces herself! lol   Everytime we had company come to our house and if there were kids coming over, we sisters had to just about stand guard over my mothers crystal...lol  I'll always remember that.  Well anyway, all these years I've had these beautiful pieces of crystal displayed and I thought to myself to really enjoy the pieces and move out into the dining room and living room why not pour wax into them?  So I have been doing it.....and really enjoying them....and if a piece gets broke.....oh well, their mine to actually use and enjoy instead of behind closed doors and not ever get touched or be afraid to use them.  So here are a few pictures.

CIMG1491.jpg

The Balsam sign behind the crystal is what I make in signs and sell.  It is of twigs, birchbark and little pine cones and then I painted the sign a worn distressed green.

CIMG1455-1.jpg

A closeup picture of the crystal bowl.  It's so beautiful when I have it burning and you see all the facets just shimmering....Has such ambiance.

CIMG1452.jpg

Does anyone know what this crystal piece is for?  It has a lid with a round hole in the center.  I'm thinking it's for rings?

CIMG1444.jpg

I'm not sure if I posted this picture above....

CIMG1437.jpg

I was doodling around in photo shop trying to make the picture have ambiance like a night scene because I'm working on a website now, so I came up with this.

CIMG1491.jpg

Now this is one of my most favorite piece of pottery I have...It's pretty big, 7" round.  I made this for myself

CIMG1125.jpg

This is a huge huge crock I bought and will be selling too.  It takes 3 1/2 pounds of wax.  It's 6"round x 6" tall.

I really have my wicking down great wicking all these big pieces.  I seem to do better triple wicking big pieces instead of a friggen single wick or double wicked jar, I swear.......

CIMG1115-1.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.  If anyone gets bored of seeing my pictures, just let me know.  Sometimes I get on a roll. lol

Trappeur

• Like 6

What beautiful pieces Trappeur and you are right...they are made to enjoy and your mother would want that. The pictures that you have taken are just beautiful...you have always had that "knack" for creating beautiful settings for taking your candle pics. Well done girl and good for you for spoiling YOU! :) You deserve it!

Don't stop posting pictures!   I wanted to post Don't Stop Believin. :) Lol. 

I love them all!  Your posts make me want to learn to make candles.

I bet your mom would love that you used her pieces that way.  They're very cool!

What beautiful pieces Trappeur and you are right...they are made to enjoy and your mother would want that. The pictures that you have taken are just beautiful...you have always had that "knack" for creating beautiful settings for taking your candle pics. Well done girl and good for you for spoiling YOU! :) You deserve it!

AAAAhhhh you are so kind Puma....thankyou.  

Trappeur

• Like 1

Don't stop posting pictures!   I wanted to post Don't Stop Believin. :) Lol. 

I love them all!  Your posts make me want to learn to make candles.

I bet your mom would love that you used her pieces that way.  They're very cool!

Thankyou Suzy and everyone else for the kind comments.  It means a lot to me.  You don't make candles Suzy?  Omg....they are easy.  Geesh, if I can do it, anyone can.  Now soaps like what the beautiful ones you make that makes me envious!  Now that's a whole horse of another color...I cringe just looking at all the posts everyone makes on the board here and all those ingrediants!......omg......They scare me to make just reading what every one talks about...I would love to make them, but I don't think I ever could!

By the way Suzy, I got your soaps the other day!    OMG....they are so awesome...thankyou so much.  I don't think I'll mail to my sister they are so beautiful!  I think I'll keep for myself! lol

Trappeur

The crystal is gorgeous and I love the candles you made with them. I don't know exactly what the piece is used for but they are perfect for potpouri.

You have a keen eye for your style of art. Its like country primitive meets hunter's lodge. I love it! Very cozy, warm, and inviting.

So what scent did you end up using for the candles?

LOVE it ALL!

I am a glassware and dishes-aholic. Thank goodness I can use them in my product photos! I adore the tribute and connection to your mom.

My home is also very cabin and lodge decorated so I MUST know more about these signs!!!!! They are right up my decor and style alley.

Your work is just wonderful!

p.s. If you have not, you must try Suzy's Lip Balms. I am also a lip balm-aholic and hers are always reached for first!

• Like 1

The crystal is gorgeous and I love the candles you made with them. I don't know exactly what the piece is used for but they are perfect for potpouri.

You have a keen eye for your style of art. Its like country primitive meets hunter's lodge. I love it! Very cozy, warm, and inviting.

So what scent did you end up using for the candles?

Country primitive meets hunters lodge? lol, lol....that's really cool!  I like that Candybee.  Matter of fact I'm going to name a scent that...cause your right, that's me a hunting lodge.  I swear I was born too late and especially the way I live...

Ok, what scent?  The tall skinny vase on the left was Vanilla Voodoo, the round crystal bowl is Apple Strudel by Indiana (I love), the little round glittered rolly poly is Vanilla Voodoo (My favorite) and the 2 Llardo votives are Vanilla Voodoo too.  Can  you tell I love Vanilla Voodoo? lol

The big pottery mug is Mulled Cider and Chestnuts by CS and the huge crock was Balsam Fir.

Thankyou too for the lovely compliment Candybee.

Trappeur :) 

Just beautiful, what great inspiration  :)  we should treat ourselves once in awhile;  

I think the round glass container with the lid maybe either for rings or loose face powder.   

Edited by 7 Pawz

Thankyou Suzy and everyone else for the kind comments.  It means a lot to me.  You don't make candles Suzy?  Omg....they are easy.  Geesh, if I can do it, anyone can.  Now soaps like what the beautiful ones you make that makes me envious!  Now that's a whole horse of another color...I cringe just looking at all the posts everyone makes on the board here and all those ingrediants!......omg......They scare me to make just reading what every one talks about...I would love to make them, but I don't think I ever could!

By the way Suzy, I got your soaps the other day!    OMG....they are so awesome...thankyou so much.  I don't think I'll mail to my sister they are so beautiful!  I think I'll keep for myself! lol

Trappeur

Yay. I'm glad you got them!  That's awesome you are keeping them for yourself. :)

Nope, I just see all the testing pictures and what wicks to buy and all that and I am happily making wax melts. lol  My soaps are melt and pour and though they are time consuming, I'm not messing with a lot of ingredients on the soap.  All my other products like lip balm and sugar scrubs and body butter are all made from scratch though and those are a lot of ingredients.  But it's fun!

Trappeur

Can you bake a cake? Or make gravy? Then you can make soap!! :) Seriously, I'm like you, if I can do it so can you!! 

It's easy once you know the basics of what you are doing. 

If you were near me we would have a "Let's make some soap" day and I'd teach you how to do it. :) 

• Like 2

Yep, your most right, it's probably more easier than I think.  I guess just like what Suzy said about the frustrated wicking delimas we all have about our candles she would rather stick with melts....and I think about all those millions of ingrediants that go in the soaps and it's like...."that's ok, I'll stick with candles", lol....I'll just buy them from others here.

Trappeur

• 2 weeks later...

So very pretty!  As for the crystal dish with the hole in lid...I've been told several things.  If it's really old, probably for hair that was taken from the brush or comb used and kept on dresser or vanity table.  I've also been told it's for holding chopsticks as it's not proper to ever set your chopsticks on a table.  I work in the antique industry so I get comments on almost everything different.