Candles with new labels

Trappeur

Here are a few pictures I thought I would share.

This pantry jar candle I made for a beauty salon here in town.  This was a private label design I designed for her and she named her candle collection "Flame".  I've always hated this bubble top jar...lol...but last year I bought over 200 of the jars at an auction for 50cents each from a candle maker who went out of business.  I originally made the salon a real nice collection last year in the 21oz status jars for her but the jars are not cheap to begin with and she wanted as best as price as I could do for her which I did, but she said they were still too pricey.  Geesh...!  I only charged her 11.00 wholesale for the large status with a private label but I think she marked them 28.00 so what's a girl to do?  So I called her up a week ago and said that I think I have something in her price range that she would like....so I did up a whole collection for her in these ugly jars and sold them to her for 6.00 a pop and she bought every one of them....all 50! And I even did some Halloween ones for her too.. Go figure...Well I've always said do as best as you can in making a product, get a nice looking label on it and it's amazing how that little ugly jar can turn out...Well, I think so...lol

CIMG1216.jpg

Now this picture below is sort of my signature look when I make candles.  I set these little embeds into the wax on top of the finished candle.  I do all different sorts of them. 

CIMG1220.jpg

Here are my new labels on my canning jar line.  To save money and make the jars as cheap as possible when selling to stores, I started spraying the 2 piece jelly jar lids.  Geesh, is that time consuming....The 8oz jelley jar in the picture I ran out of the jars that didn't have the mason embossing on them and put them on

the ones with the embossing....I know they look better with no embossing but I put them in my shop as shown here and it didn't bother anyone....lol  They all have my little embeds in them too.

I put up 2 pictures because I wanted to get input which picture looks better for when I do my pictures for Etsy and a website.  One has just the pine cone and the other has the pine cone and some acorn nuts.  I always think that less is sometimes better when photographing so which one do you all think looks better?

CIMG1358.jpg

CIMG1373.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Trappeur

• Like 5

Guest OldGlory

Beautiful little apothecary jar, Trappeur.

I am really torn on the other 2 pics. I love them equally. It's like picking your favorite pet - can't do it!

Ditto-- 1st pic is the one I would choose.

Your jars look amazing! Great job.

BTW-- I started out making candles in those apothecary jars with the bubble top. I ended up hating the bubble tops with a passion. They get mold inside and have to be cleaned periodically. Maybe its just the humidity out here but mine would get mold spots inside the lids.

Ditto-- 1st pic is the one I would choose.

Your jars look amazing! Great job.

BTW-- I started out making candles in those apothecary jars with the bubble top. I ended up hating the bubble tops with a passion. They get mold inside and have to be cleaned periodically. Maybe its just the humidity out here but mine would get mold spots inside the lids.

Only one of mine ever got that moldy look - it was a white mold and I changed lids and threw it away. (it's a very dry climate where I am though, so I was surprised it got the mold!) 

I used to fill the lid with candies, or potpouri, or something to make them more interesting. 

My 10 oz jars (which I have since discontinued) are the only jars that still have the bubble top like that. Now I use the flat lid tops and people seem to like them much better. I know I do. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I like the bottom pic with the nuts, but you could still crop the bottom up closer to the pinecone. Your candles look beautiful. I love the sprayed lids. By coincidence I had decided last night that if I do a canning jar I'll spray the lids to save money, and I was trying to think of which two paint colors to layer for a vintage zinc look.

Edited by HorsescentS