Fall fragrances

Candybee

Guest OldGlory

Puma, have you tried Nutty Taffy Apple from BCN? My big client used to buy that one. Gosh it's good. I can remember taking a full big box of that to Staples to be shipped and the guy taking care of the shipping for me asked me if the scent in that box was Caramel Apple. If I have any of it I'll get a sample to you.

I used 464 soy.

Puma, have you tried Nutty Taffy Apple from BCN? My big client used to buy that one. Gosh it's good. I can remember taking a full big box of that to Staples to be shipped and the guy taking care of the shipping for me asked me if the scent in that box was Caramel Apple. If I have any of it I'll get a sample to you.

I used 464 soy.

Thanks friend....I am definitely game for it!!! :) I just need to find a good caramel apple and a good caramel that smells like it is supposed to smell. I hate that they are changing some of our most reliable blendable scents out there.

Edited by puma52

What about sea salt caramel? Has anyone tried this one and had good results in soy.....I have been looking at it and thinking maybe I could try my own caramel apple with it as well

I've tried it in 415 & a blend of paraffin & 3022...works well.  Almost too well.  I just can't take the super sweet scents any more ;)  I think it'd blend really nicely for a Caramel Apple.   

Candybee, would you mind telling where you get Bayberry Apple Spice, cinnamon apple and pumpkin&pumpkin pie from?  If they are secrets, or your own blend I will understand.  That bayberry apple spice sounds so devine!

Thanks.

Trappeur

• Like 1

C&S has my favorite Bayberry Apple Spice. It has that warm bay leave scent mixed with cinnamon and apple notes. I just love it and get it every year. So far it has thrown well for me in soy, paraffin, and palm. BTW-- C&S also has a very nice Christmas Splendor that throws well. After the holidays I call it country store.

The cinnamon apple I mix myself. I use CS red hot cinnamon and cinnamon stick mixed 50/50 the add macintosh apple. Just enough for an apple note as Macintosh apple is strong and gets stronger as it cures. So use more if you want more apple and less for a hint of apple.

I use CS pumpkin pie and pumpkin souffle and just blend them 50/50. Although I must admit my alltime favorite pumpkin is pumpkin pie spice from NG... or is it JBN? Its been so long since I bought it I forgot who carries it but I know the word 'nature' is in the title.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I think someone should start a tart swap. It's so nice to be able to smell what everyone is talking about. I don't have time to do because I am up to my eyeballs with work right now.

C&S has my favorite Bayberry Apple Spice. It has that warm bay leave scent mixed with cinnamon and apple notes. I just love it and get it every year. So far it has thrown well for me in soy, paraffin, and palm. BTW-- C&S also has a very nice Christmas Splendor that throws well. After the holidays I call it country store.

The cinnamon apple I mix myself. I use CS red hot cinnamon and cinnamon stick mixed 50/50 the add macintosh apple. Just enough for an apple note as Macintosh apple is strong and gets stronger as it cures. So use more if you want more apple and less for a hint of apple.

I use CS pumpkin pie and pumpkin souffle and just blend them 50/50. Although I must admit my alltime favorite pumpkin is pumpkin pie spice from NG... or is it JBN? Its been so long since I bought it I forgot who carries it but I know the word 'nature' is in the title.

Thankyou Candybee!

Trappeur

What about sea salt caramel? Has anyone tried this one and had good results in soy.....I have been looking at it and thinking maybe I could try my own caramel apple with it as well

Oh!! What a great idea Moonshine! I have heard that Candle Wic has a great sea salt caramel. Is there a better one out there?

The Salted Caramel from CW is very good. 

Oh... the list of fall scents. Well, Fall/Winter scents are my favorite and I probably have 20+ so I will just list my favorites:

Baked Apple - AHRE (the HI version)

Buttercream Pumpkin - my blend of Pumpkin Souffle & pumpkin creme brulee

Caramel Apple Latte -  my blend of fresh brewed coffee & caramel apple pie (ICS)

Mistletoe - CS

Apple Clove Butter - AHRE

Cinnamon Garland - my blend of Cinnamon & Bayberry 

Cinnamon & Clove Bud - BCN 

Spiced Cranberry - BCN

Cranberry Woods – Fragrance Buddy

Dickens Christmas - Community

Mulled Cider - Community

The Great Pumpkin - The Candle Source

Holidazzle - The Candle Source

• Like 2

I am not sure how to describe holidazzle myself, but it smells like Christmas and it is very rustic. Here is the actual description:an uplifting combination of cranberry juice, bayberry, fir needles, clove & vanilla

an uplifting combination of cranberry juice, bayberry, fir needles, clove & vanilla

Can not believe I forgot to list one of my Fall Favorites in my list above, which is Gingerbread House (my own blend of 2 gingerbread's)

an uplifting combination of cranberry juice, bayberry, fir needles, clove & vanilla

an uplifting combination of cranberry juice, bayberry, fir needles, clove & vanillaan uplifting combination of cranberry juice, bayberry, fir needles, clove & vanilla

• Like 3

The hollidazzle sounds really good. But then I love bayberry with fruit and spice blends. Very holidayish.

I love bayberry as well. The Holidazzle is very unique and so nice. 

I was really hesitant to order from Candle Source initially because they are so inexpensive, and you usually get what you pay for but most of their oils are really good quality, very good throwers, and the shipping is very reasonable and quick.

• Like 1

I sure need a good gingerbread!

Me to!!!! Seriously hansel and Gretals house CS makes me so sick to my stomach when burning I can't stand it- been afraid to try another ginger bread type since....but I love the smell of ginger so it must be all the gross sweetness in that FO that gets me

I blend my own Gingerbread and I personally love it. It is 2/3 Gingerbread Spice from MMS and 1/3 Gingerbread from CS and it makes an awesome and very unique Gingerbread. I was trying to find a dupe to Gold Canyon's Gingerbread House and knew I had come across the right FO when I tried Gingerbread Spice from MMS about 4 years ago. I decided to blend it with some of the CS Gingerbread to give it just a bit more depth and it is lovely, IMO.  

• Like 2