Fall fragrances

Candybee

What was that awesome blend someone came up with a couple years ago?  Was it Bitter Creek North / Bubbles 'n Lights 'Hayride' + 'Autumn Leaves' from the same?  I never made it because I stopped buying so much FOs about that time but I feel an urge to splurge for Fall scents coming on......

I'm not saying it was me, but it might have been. I remember making testers of both, this was back when I'd first started making candles and I hadn't nailed the calcs yet on wax amounts per container, I had poured an 8 oz mason jar with one of those scents but had enough left over to half fill another mason jar. Did the same thing with the other scent, so I just poured the excess into the same half full jar that I'd already wicked and it created 2 layers. When I burned the candle it seemed as though it smelled the best as one layer of scent mixed with the other in the middle!.

Don't forget mulberry + amish harvest = mulberry chutney spice. I came up with this a few years ago and it sold like hotcakes. It is a sweet spicey berry scent and during the holidays I could not keep it stocked.

That sounds amazing. I'm going to have to try this. I have both of those scents from various suppliers

Guest OldGlory

I just saw that Aztec carries a pumpkin apple BBW type. It sounds nice. Anyone tried it?

I will get an idea OOB next time I'm at Aztec - probably next week - and let you know.

I'm not a big fan personally of sweet bakery fragrances, but one of my customers is. One of my favorite fall/winter scents is Roasted Chestnuts from BCS. Another I like is Butter Rum Allspice (think that's what it's called - maybe just Buttered Rum) from BCS. They both have a richness and depth to them without being extremely sweet.

I ditto these too also!

Trappeur

This was amazing.....got this in the Fall tart swap- loved it

Moonshine, thanks for the kind words and I am glad you liked it. I might be pulling that one out again soon. I will also become mad scientist this weekend since I plan to work on some more blends for fall. Fun stuff!

I will get an idea OOB next time I'm at Aztec - probably next week - and let you know.

I have a request to add.. would you mind taking a sniffie of both the Black Cinnamon and the Black Coconut? I am curious if they smell any different than regular cinnamon or coconut.

Candy Bee, I have Aztec's Black Coconut and also FB's pumpkin apple and would be glad to send you a sample of both. I think I also have a sample of black cinnamon too and can put that in there also.

Belinda...I think you should be named Queen FO..and I mean this in the nicest way! :) I would love to see your candle room..I'm thinking it would be like a kid in a candy store!! :) :) :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
megandgarr, on 01 Aug 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

The straight Gingerbread from CS is really good but in my opinion it is the Gingerbread Spice from MMS that makes it so unique and yummy.

@megandgarr, does mixing the two make it smell closer to the Gold Canyon, or does it smooth out the spiciness of the Gingerbread Spice? Not sure that I'm understanding how mixing them helps. And how are you liking the Cranberry Woods from Fragrance Buddy, does it smell like the BBW version? Tia!! :D

Edited by mzpickles

C&S has my favorite Bayberry Apple Spice. It has that warm bay leave scent mixed with cinnamon and apple notes. I just love it and get it every year. So far it has thrown well for me in soy, paraffin, and palm. BTW-- C&S also has a very nice Christmas Splendor that throws well. After the holidays I call it country store.

The cinnamon apple I mix myself. I use CS red hot cinnamon and cinnamon stick mixed 50/50 the add macintosh apple. Just enough for an apple note as Macintosh apple is strong and gets stronger as it cures. So use more if you want more apple and less for a hint of apple.

I use CS pumpkin pie and pumpkin souffle and just blend them 50/50. Although I must admit my alltime favorite pumpkin is pumpkin pie spice from NG... or is it JBN? Its been so long since I bought it I forgot who carries it but I know the word 'nature' is in the title.

Candybee, C&S is Candles and Supplies, right?  Didn't you also post previously they have a really nice candy corn?  I've only ordered from them once a long time ago, but thought about trying them again so wanted to get a list of good strong-throwers before ordering.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Candybee, C&S is Candles and Supplies, right?  Didn't you also post previously they have a really nice candy corn?  I've only ordered from them once a long time ago, but thought about trying them again so wanted to get a list of good strong-throwers before ordering.  Thank you.

Not Candybee, but yes, C&S is Candles and Supplies (.net) and they have the only Candy Corn/Honey Vanilla I will use. I love it. I use a lot of their oils, and haven't been disappointed in any I've gotten so far (except Hot & Bothered - I did NOT like that one. LOL but it was nice and strong, just not a scent I liked.) 

Ditto! Candy Corn from C&S (Candles and Supplies) is awesome in soy and paraffin.

I also like their Christmas Splendor and the Bayberry Apple Spice. I can't be without these during the holidays. I have also used their straight orange for a mixer with CS cranberry marmalade for a great cranberry orange spice. Can't forget their Witches Brew.

Edited by Candybee

@megandgarr, does mixing the two make it smell closer to the Gold Canyon, or does it smooth out the spiciness of the Gingerbread Spice? Not sure that I'm understanding how mixing them helps. And how are you liking the Cranberry Woods from Fragrance Buddy, does it smell like the BBW version? Tia!! :D

The MMS version on its own smells identical to Gold Canyon's, IMO, so mixing them was simply a personal preference but it is smells wonderful on its own as well. I like Cranberry Woods, but I have never smelled BBW's version to be able to make a comparison. 

• Like 1

The MMS version on its own smells identical to Gold Canyon's, IMO, so mixing them was simply a personal preference but it is smells wonderful on its own as well. I like Cranberry Woods, but I have never smelled BBW's version to be able to make a comparison. 

Thanks for your reply! And here I was wondering if you mixed the two gingerbreads simply to make the $32/lb one go further! :D