Fall fragrances

Candybee

Do you have your fall fragrances ready? Wondering what others are working on for fall. What are some of your favorites?

I'm listing some of mine from last year. I haven't got this year's list ready yet as I always read these fall fragrance threads to get some fresh ideas and inspiration.

Here are some of mine from last year:

Pumpkin Souffle and Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Buttercream

Bayberry Apple Spice

Cinnamon Apple

Cranberry Orange Spice

Pomegranate Cider

Lavender

Vanilla Lace

Hanzel and Gretel

Peppermint Brulee

• Like 2

Guest OldGlory

I'm not a big fan personally of sweet bakery fragrances, but one of my customers is. One of my favorite fall/winter scents is Roasted Chestnuts from BCS. Another I like is Butter Rum Allspice (think that's what it's called - maybe just Buttered Rum) from BCS. They both have a richness and depth to them without being extremely sweet.

I need to find a pumpkin I like...I think the problem is I don't like pumpkin!

I cannot start my Fall scents until my kids go back to college- all the issues my son had with allergies this year- I'm not going there until he is moved out...even with the exhaust fan in a closed up room

My favorites I always make are

Amish harvest

Red Mac apple

Clove

Wild currant and sandalwood ( now discontinued)

Sugar cookie royale

Banana but bread - not my favorite my seems to be everyone else's

Pomegranate cider

Rocky Mountain Xmas- it has a smokey pine that I love in the Fall

Hotel costes

Champaca and bamboo

Witches brew

Honeycomb

Orange ginger

Lavender sage

I need a good bonfire- I dislike bonfire bliss it has a sweetness I don't care for

I have many fall scent testers from Oregon trails and pure fragrance oils to test but at this rate.....next Fall! Lol

Guest OldGlory

Moonshine, I am really curious about banana but bread. *shudder*

I am trying BCN wyw Perfect Pumpkin. Still searching for the best pumpkin.Thinking Chandler and Puma might need a sniffie of it...

Orange ginger sounds divine. Is it a custom blend or do you buy it that way?

Also, did you get the chai tea from Oregon (something) yet?

Here's a few I'm planning on:

Gingerbread from MMS - so good and unlike any other I've tried. I think I will mix this with pumpkin and see how it does.

Christmas Hearth from CS - I put a dash of peppermint in it and Call it Christmas Cabin. Could not keep this in stock. I sell it without peppermint rest of the year and call it rustic cabin. Still sells well.

Honey pumpkin chai from Peaks - think I'll give this a go this fall. Love it and had some testers really like it.

Old glory- I use the CS banana nit bread- it does throw great and has a very homey feel to it but I personally just don't like food scents! Lol

The orange ginger was MW and fragrance buddy was duping it but I haven't seen it on the site

I did get the chai tea- it smells amazing and I think I tested melts but not candles yet but I have to check to be sure- I know I did a new tea in candles but I think it was black tea....I will get back to you in that one

• Like 1

We sell fall scents year 'round so we have a pretty large selection....

My personal favorites:

Frosted Pumpkin (JS)

Pumpkin Souffle (CS)

Apple Harvest (CS)

Pumpkin Caramel Latte (Peak)

Caramel Cinnamon Latte (JS)

Fall Festival (MW)

Red Mac Apple (JS)

Snickerdoodle Cookies (CW)

It still blows my mind how many people like to "smell" like fall fragrances -- we sell so many pumpkin scented perfumes!! :)

• Like 1

CS does have a good banana nut bread!

If you all haven't tried Fillmore Containers FOs you should give them a try sometime. They sell C3 soy wax so they test all their FOs in it before they sell them to make sure they throw well. The have some awesome fall/holiday scents:

Cedar Garland (one of my best sellers! its a cedar and sandalwood blend that rocks)

Nutmeg and Ginger (OMG - you'll want to drink this it smells soooo yummy!)

Pumpkin Chutney ( think of a pumpkin mince pie! mmmmm!!)

Christmas Tree (best one I've found since Tradewinds closed)

Clove

There are a bunch of others I can't recall at the moment and many I have used with success.

• Like 3

CS does have a good banana nut bread!

If you all haven't tried Fillmore Containers FOs you should give them a try sometime. They sell C3 soy wax so they test all their FOs in it before they sell them to make sure they throw well. The have some awesome fall/holiday scents:

Cedar Garland (one of my best sellers! its a cedar and sandalwood blend that rocks)

Nutmeg and Ginger (OMG - you'll want to drink this it smells soooo yummy!)

Pumpkin Chutney ( think of a pumpkin mince pie! mmmmm!!)

Christmas Tree (best one I've found since Tradewinds closed)

Clove

There are a bunch of others I can't recall at the moment and many I have used with success.

I've only tried Nutmeg & Ginger so far, it is awesome!

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to trying out Peak's Autumn Walk. Really like what I smelled out of bottle. I haven't really delved into season specific, because I'm still trying to catch up on stocking our mainstays. This cedar nutmeg sounds most interesting. Unless I'm able to sneak an order (not likely) I may have to wait. Sigh. 

• Like 1

Yes, I am ready! While my crowd buys bakery, fruit and ANYTHING sweet year round, they have been begging for Fall scents and want them now! I have added 10 Fall scents to my line and will be introducing them today.

Since I only pour on Saturdays, I have been busy.

I'm looking forward to trying out Peak's Autumn Walk. Really like what I smelled out of bottle. I haven't really delved into season specific, because I'm still trying to catch up on stocking our mainstays. This cedar nutmeg sounds most interesting. Unless I'm able to sneak an order (not likely) I may have to wait. Sigh. 

I saw the Autumn Walk on their site the other day and wondered about that one. If you ever get around to testing it would you tell us your opinion? I love the description. It sounds lovely like a fall leaves scent I am looking for.

Edited by Candybee

I saw the Autumn Walk on their site the other day and wondered about that one. If you ever get around to testing it would you tell us your opinion? I love the description. It sounds lovely like a fall leaves scent I am looking for.

Well OOB it is what it says it is lol. I hope to have it into wax sometime next week. 

Isn't it great! I also used the Nutmeg Ginger as a mixer to. You have to try their Pumpkin spice chutney and Cedar Garland. I love them! I always sell out of the Cedar Garland.

I like their Warm Caramel Vanilla and Iced Lemon Biscotti too! Now I'm going to have to try their Pumpkin Spice chutney and Cedar Garland!

• Like 1

Well thanks a lot guys. I've never ordered from Fillmore Containers and now you have me perusing their website.

As far as fall fragrances, I am a happy camper now ever since I learned that Rustic Essentials carries a dup for Home Interiors Baked Apple. That has always been my very favorite candle fragrance and I've bought many apple FO's in the past 5 years looking for that elusive scent.

Another staple for me for fall and winter is simply Cinnamon Vanilla...no one mentions that FO much, But its perfect for those who like spicy and sweet.  

Others I have are:

CS - Hansel & Gretel's House

CS - Pumpkin Souffle

CS - Cinnamon Stick

RE - Pineapple & Brown Sugar 

ICS - Vanilla Bean Noel 

ICS - Cranberry Orange Spice

ICS - Sugar Cookie Dough

Peak - Almond Pastries

MC - Cozy Home

Aztec - Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar

• Like 1

Let me amend my statement about no one mentioning Cinnamon Vanilla...I just jumped over to the Cinnamon thread and several people mentioned it.  The one I'm using right now is RE's Creamy Cinnamon Vanilla. 

I just remembered that my very first order for candle supplies was from Northstar Country Candle, and I ordered Hot Spiced Vanilla. I looked up the invoice and that was almost 5 years ago, August 3, 2009.  Ha! I ordered only 10 pounds of 444 wax.  :)  And that was the beginning folks. 

• Like 3

You got me thinking about cinnamon GailC. I'm thinking  a good mix might be cinnamon and creme brulee for Cinnamon Brulee. Or even buttercream frosting and cinnamon... well maybe that would be more of a cinnamon bun type but still sounds good. CS also has a lovely cinnamon buns that throws well.

I mixed CS red hot cinnamon with their cinnamon stick and a bit of cinnamon bun. I threw what I had leftover of the CB. I made some palm container candles last week with this mix. OMG they smell so good-- not too sweet but just right and very cinnamony.

You can make your own red hot cinnamon by adding a bit of peppermint. I love using Peaks Pure Peppermint as a mixer.

You can make your own red hot cinnamon by adding a bit of peppermint. I love using Peaks Pure Peppermint as a mixer.

I had no idea that red hot cinnamon has a pinch of peppermint. Interesting. 

I have some cinnamon bun FO from somewhere.  Love that scent too. 

Ordering soon for the Fall season coming up....always... Harvest BCN or BCS... has sold very well for me every year for years. Orange & Chili Pepper, Pumpkin Souffle, Pumpkin Pie, Cinnamon Stick, Cinnamon, All Hallows Eve (by BCN - I call it Harvest Moon) ....I have a question about caramel....I have seen others on this board talk about a nutty smell in their caramel and I have gotten the same smell in caramels I have ordered from BCS and ICS....has ANYONE here recently bought and know where I can get a TRUE Caramel Apple and a great yummy smelling plain Caramel? I also will be buying Hansel & Gretel, the coffee blends from ICS, I want to try the Vanilla Bean Noel from WSP as well as their dirt (for a blend) this year and also will be trying the Hillbilly Home Brew and some others from NG. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2