13 members have voted

1. 1. Suggestions for combinations of Mac Apple

• Ginger
    • Biscotti or cookie/cake
    • Peach
    • Leather
    • Grass or Hayrack Ride
    • Other

Let's say I have Mac Apple and it doesn't move that well on it's own. So let's say I would like to combine it with something. Common apple combinations usually involve a spice (Cinnamon and clove are most likely). What might you combine it with? If you pick other, please list. 

I like it with zucchini bread and also with pumpkin. It might also be nice with toasted marshmallow or something sweet. But then I am a bakery fan so I automatically gravitate toward those scent types. Other might think I am crazy. Would it play nice with pine around the holidays perhaps?

Guest OldGlory

I put MacIntosh Apple in lots of combos. It adds something lite, very slightly sweet, and fresh. I currently use it in a tobacco blend. I'm not fond of the sweet tobaccos, so I found a way to calm the tobacco, but keep it natural smelling. When you are blending, if something needs just a touch of uplift, try MacApple! I have used it with woody type scents too.

And combining leather at a very small ratio, tobacco as the main ingredient, and a small amount of MacApple is awesome! Leather adds that sharp topnote.

BBW has/had an apple mint that was a neat twist on apple.

I've never smelled bbw version. I have BCN's Mac Apple, it's long lasting in cp, so I will probably try it at a ratio of 70% of the blend and equal parts of the peppermint and spearmint for the rest. Does this sound ok?

This is a great thread! Love apple and rose together...

I've never smelled bbw version. I have BCN's Mac Apple, it's long lasting in cp, so I will probably try it at a ratio of 70% of the blend and equal parts of the peppermint and spearmint for the rest. Does this sound ok?

This is a great thread! Love apple and rose together...

70:30 is probably a good start. Peppermint tends to take over, so i would go lighter with it in the mint portion. The apple mint smelled more smooth than sharp like peppermint, if that makes sense.

70:30 is probably a good start. Peppermint tends to take over, so i would go lighter with it in the mint portion. The apple mint smelled more smooth than sharp like peppermint, if that makes sense.

Thanks TT, your description is helpful..

I've voted for Grass. Most Mac Apple FOs have a little bit of FCGrass in them already. My personal favorite for brightening an Apple FO is to use a little bit of Lemongrass.

I too second a mint type being a good option. I tend to shy away from the more traditional spiced apple FOs and am more inclined to recommend herbal or earthy apple fragrances. Apple + Cilantro is also really good.

I use apple with grass and hayride- l love it

Apple lavender is nice

Love the idea of rose and cilantro, I too shy away from the same old spice or baking type apple

I wonder how apple would do with a little grapefruit and lime...

Or even a clean scent like cotton or beach linen

Edited by moonshine

I want to experiment with all of these. NG had an Apple, sage, pecan I think it was and it wasn't bad. I just happen to be sitting on too many pounds of mac apple and want to do something with it. I liked the combo of leather, apple and hayrack ride (but I think I was only one who did lol!) 

Apple and cedar ... now that's a combo I didn't think about along with the apple and rose mixes. Wondering about an apple, lavender and mint combo.

Poured 80% Tennessee Candle Supply Apples and Spice, 10% Mango and 10% Peach Magnolia Strawberry for a fruit medley fragrance. The spice comes out just right and the apple mellows with the additonal fruits. Be very careful with Spearmint. I have a bottle that will probably last for ten years, because anything more than a splash and  it takes over everything else.  You get spearmint gum.  HTH

Steve

• Like 1

I soaped the apple mint last night..75% BCN mac apple, 15% spearmint eo, and 10% peppermint..smells nice and fresh, and the mints aren't overpowering at these ratios in the blend.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the mad scientist stage of creating scents for personal use.

In March I made a truly delicious blend with Mac apple, but forgot to write it down. 

I'm fairly certain it was a sweetgrass and white floral blend, (either gardenia or magnolia), possibly a smidge of ocean, added the apple for bite/tartness.