Pink soap suggestions

Candybee

I need some ideas for a "pink" colored and scented salt bar I want to start developing for next year. Any scent suggestions/ideas that would go with the pink theme?

BTW-- I won't be using pink sugar in soap as it discolors and I don't want to use a whitener or VS. Thanks.

I need some ideas for a "pink" colored and scented salt bar I want to start developing for next year. Any scent suggestions/ideas that would go with the pink theme?

BTW-- I won't be using pink sugar in soap as it discolors and I don't want to use a whitener or VS. Thanks.

Cotton Candy, Fizzy Pop, Winter Candy Apple (Maybe change name to Candy Apple or Summer Candy Apple (My Mom had this in the BBW @ her house for Cmas ....I swear...it must be a blend of Mac Apple, Cherry and Cotton Candy maybe? (I feel a blend coming on! :) ) Kiwi Watermelon, Watermelon & Green Apple, Satsuma Strawberry...actually anything Strawberry, Pink Bubblegum, Pomegranate, Pink Grapefruit, Melonade, Bird of Paradise, Butt Naked, Cactus & Sea Salt (I usually do in a green color BUT Sea Salt can be found in a pink color....so why not?...you know , I just might try mine in pink this year..hmmm) :), Jamaica Me Crazy, Lick Me All Over, Zinfandel Wine, Peach Zinfandel, Passion Fruit & Guava....(Now, I know that we all usually do some of these colors in green or red....BUT I would not hesitate to make any of these a pink color for Spring! I think that ANY one of these would sell in a pink color. :)

Edited by puma52

i am loving a new fo. i have just bought within the last year …called..Sweet Pea & Rhurbarb..that I bought from here...http://soapmakingfragranceoils.com

and I think Soapaluza has it too..

it smells delicious..there is no A or D…Soaps like a dream..

the the scent sticks like glue..lovely lovely scent..

and does wonderful in lotions too..

So if not a solid pink ... my thoughts:

Misbehavin' (NG ... will need some TD)

Fairy Dust & Twinkle Toes (CC)

Jasmine Grapefruit

Paris Amore (Candlewic ... it could withstand some pink in it)

Raspberry Patchouli

Sandalwood Rose

Pink Lilac (BW)

Baby Girl (BW)

NG has a host of pink suggestions

Supernova (fragrance buddy)

Bella Muse (Soaplooza)

Pink Attitude (Lebermuth, but I believe it has been renamed and I can't think of to what)

Tangerine Grapefruit (Leber also ... I think it's still the same ol' name)

Peppermint

I know there are a ton of scents out there and some of them just escape me

I forgot about this one. I love this FO!:yay:

i am loving a new fo. i have just bought within the last year …called..Sweet Pea & Rhurbarb..that I bought from here...http://soapmakingfragranceoils.com

and I think Soapaluza has it too..

it smells delicious..there is no A or D…Soaps like a dream..

the the scent sticks like glue..lovely lovely scent..

and does wonderful in lotions too..

O my goodness! How can I narrow all those suggestions down! Lots of good ones here! Now my head is spinning.

Right now its hard to decide if I want a citrus, clean, fruity, sweet, etc. I think my problem is I don't know what type of scent I want so I don't know where to begin. But I am thinking salty like ocean, plus sweet for pink, plus a little sassy like citrus.

My vote would be to use the pink Himalayan salt and scent it pink grapefruit

The salt covers the ocean and the pink grapefruit is sweet and citrus and although I am not a soap maker I can't help but wonder how the pink Himalayan salt would make the soap look with all the flecks of pinks in it - if it even works that way....

The salt covers the ocean and the pink grapefruit is sweet and citrus and although I am not a soap maker I can't help but wonder how the pink Himalayan salt would make the soap look with all the flecks of pinks in it - if it even works that way....

Now THAT would make a beautiful salt soap and the scent would definitely go with the look!! :)

Edited by puma52

Moonshine you read my mind. I already have pink H. sea salt in my recipe. I may also add a touch of pink clay too. I had also considered a grapefruit type scent and think that would be a good one. I may use the EO thou. Haven't decided yet.

I do want some sweetness and a "feminine" note which I'm not sure what that would be. What would you add to grapefruit to give it extra sweetness. Maybe now is the time to get a sample of that white vanilla that doesn't discolor CP. I think AH has it.

Moonshine you read my mind. I already have pink H. sea salt in my recipe. I may also add a touch of pink clay too. I had also considered a grapefruit type scent and think that would be a good one. I may use the EO thou. Haven't decided yet.

Have you tried grapefruit EO in soap? Have you found one that sticks? I just made a citrus bar using EOs of lemongrass, 5 fold orange, lemon, and grapefruit. The grapefruit has gotten lost in the mix I guess.

Bergamot will fade faster than grapefruit in CP. both eo's fade fast. But a nice grapefruit FO has a chance of going some distance. I thi i used NG ruby red grapefruit way back when. An anchor of a touch of litsea if eo helps, but too much will smell like pledge.

I have litsea and use it as an anchor in my EO citrus blends.

What about Yuzo? Isn't that the japanese grapefruit? Maybe while I am getting some white vanilla AH may have some Yuzo too and or another grapefruit-- pink or ruby red I hope. Will have to check it out. You know a little bergamot with that might be the feminine note I am looking for. Grapefruit (or Yuzo) + vanilla + litsea + bergamot?