I'm getting a retail shop

craftimade

Yay. Finally my local council is giving me a retail shop for very little rent and I do mean very little. It's on a 30 day lease so it's like a popup shop but at least people will be able to smell my candles now and not have to guess what they smell like.

It's a small shop but will do well I think on a busy main road with school across the road and train line just 100metres away.

I should be moved in within the next 10 days.

I hoped I would get it so I designed my invoice/website system last week. Not only can I track my in store sales but online says too with the same interface. I loving being a programmer - but making candles is way better. :)

I'm pretty happy right now. Very exited too! ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to make candles in the shop, so towards the back of the room I will have a glass area where people can watch me make a candle taper candle ( hand dipping ). I have never been into a candle shop where they make the candles on site. It's normally done in a house or in a factory so I hope this brings in some people.

Also I will be taking special orders which I have already done for locals. Like a Jaffa Red Vanilla candle and Black pillar Sweet Lemongrass. So hopefully I will get more orders like this.

I will keep you posted with my shop here. :)

LOVE your shop! I only have a 12 x 25 gift shop and believe me you can get tons of stuff in there! Be creative! I love the floors in your shop and the walls are a blank canvas! My workshop is 25x30 and THAT space I do need more room. This time of year is crazy with trying to make product, package product, store product, new supplies coming in, Xmas décor coming out, cardboard galore....I actually hate it when people peek through the window on the door! I don't want them to see my "organized mess"! I would put a curtain over the window but I like to be able to see when customers walk in the front door.

Question for you. What are you putting on the flooring in your workspace? I need to replace my waxy commercial carpet but am thinking I need something easy to clean or else disposable. Any thoughts on your flooring?

I am going to use some blue plastic which is about 4x4 meters - then a rug over that so if the wax gets spilt then it's not going to destroy the floor when I leave. I can just throw away the rug. I just have to tape the edges down so I don't trip over it and make my legs. :)

Already working on my Christmas tree candles using Star cookie cutouts. :)